• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheerilee

Old news if you read Equestria Daily on a daily basis, but I actually bumped into it independantly, and it hasn't been mentioned here yet. The episode list for Shout Factory's first MLP:FIM DVD has been released, and the episodes won't even be sequential.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/12/episode-list-for-mlp-dvd-released-new.html

iXyz1.png

- Friendship Is Magic, Part 1 (Mare In The Moon)
- Friendship Is Magic, Part 2 (Elements Of Harmony)
- Over A Barrel
- Hearth’s Warming Eve
- The Last Roundup

It's got the opening two parter, which everyone except me seems to think it a poor introduction to the series, Over a Barrel, a low-ranked episode from a low-ranked MLP writer, tomorrow's S2 episode, and another episode from some point in the unknown future (which kind of suggests that Shout already has future episodes sitting around their office, lucky bastards).

I figured that if the discs at least had sequential episodes, then it would be a way to collect the series. Not an ideal way, but a passable way. Now I can't really see why any brony would buy this release.

It's kind of frustrating, because Brian Ward said that the reason MLP:FIM isn't getting a box set is basically because he can't afford to gamble that there are 30,000-50,000 bronies in North America willing to pay $30-40 for a decent box set.

Right now my only hope is that bronies buy this disc just because, despite the lack of reason, in enough numbers to prove that we exist.

Orcastar

Why Hasbro?!?! Why!

1.jpg
That really is horrifying.

The pony happy meal toys became available here in Finland yesterday, and I assume other Nordic countries as well. No idea when or even if the series is gonna be shown on Finnish TV yet. I might pick up some of the toys, but the incorrect cutie marks bug me...

Also, the opening two-parter is an great introduction to the series.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-p9pdkrlbdEQ/TuzWx4TMp6I/AAAAAAAAYRc/Il3Vi4pxN3k/s1600/Capture.PNG[IMG]

Celestia is such a nice pony.[/QUOTE]But where do they get the dragon eggs to begin with? She has the school stealing dragon eggs for student evaluation not caring about the possibility of failed magic causing a dragon abortion.

In fact, Spike still wakes up from his sleep saying "Mommy?" in search of his true parents.

Such a nice pony.

[quote="ruby_onix, post: 33536959"]New-ish interviews with Phil and Paul.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoxeZ2GAWgc[/url][/QUOTE]
Holy crap.

Mysterious to Ponies, a well known species to Zebras. The plot thickens.

Well, from Dragonshy, we know that Equestria isn't the entire world. Obviously, there are places far beyond Equestria that has dragons and it could be that Zebras come from there as well.
I call this place... Ooo.

PBalfredo

But where do they get the dragon eggs to begin with? She has the school stealing dragon eggs for student evaluation not caring about the possibility of failed magic causing a dragon abortion.

In fact, Spike still wakes up from his sleep saying "Mommy?" in search of his true parents.

Such a nice pony.

Holy crap.

This new information got me thinking that Spike's "Mommy" comment might be directed towards Celestia herself if she raised Spike when he was little.

Does this put the Derpy/Ditzy argument to rest?
1.jpg

Maybe, maybe not? Still think it is an 'iffy' name for her (though Ditzy wasn't any better I suppose) For the record, my little 9 year old sister calls her 'Derpy' and loves to draw her and the others.

(Oh yes, I watch the show too...got hooked on it a while ago..=p)

Of course Gen 1 MLP was from the Pre-Mushroom Wars time. Which is why they were able to easily find humans.
All other Gens happen afterwards.

FoxSpirit

Actually... the rabbit hole goes deeper.

Remember how we all thought that Ponies are just harmony loving and caring? Well, at the end of today's episode, they started quarreling over nothing... and then the winter spirits roared and ereypony froze in fear and Rainbow Dash quickly closed the windows. And then everypony laughed.

Fact: Ponies do not choose harmony, they simply live in constant fear. Equestria is a country, ruled by fear. BOOOOOM.

Cheerilee

Well, from Dragonshy, we know that Equestria isn't the entire world. Obviously, there are places far beyond Equestria that has dragons and it could be that Zebras come from there as well.
I call this place... Ooo.

I don't believe that Zecora is a typical Zebra. I think her "magic" is based on knowledge of natural science, and her heavy accent suggests that Pony-English was not her first language (I believe the rhyming is a mental exercise). I think she's an extreme intellectual, and she left the land of Zebras to expand her knowledge.

So I don't believe that Zebras and Dragons necessarily come from the same place, I think that Zecora has been to places where she was able to learn more about them. Like she may have visited a Dragon homeland, or at least spent time with a society that knew things about them.

It was put to rest when Lauren Faust called her Derpy, then put to rest again when a storyboard that called her Derpy leaked and then turned out to be true.
I think the only wiggle room is "toy canon". The show's producers normally take their orders from Hasbro when it comes to names. Derpy fittingly came from the opposite direction. If Hasbro were to reject Derpy's name, the show would grudgingly comply, and those fans who hate the name would be able to claim victory.

A tweet from an official Hasbro channel is official, but it's still slightly weak (people tweet a lot of things). I think the issue will be completely put to bed if Derpy is listed as a valid character in Hasbro's files. And the easiest way to see evidence of that would be if Hasbro releases a Derpy toy.

Prior to the storm there was nothing wrong with how the ponies lived.

They each had their own abilities, and they used them in exchange for something they could not do themselves, and even if it was uneasy, they had peace.

There was nothing inherently wrong with the ununified pony world, until the first blizzard.

I think the only wiggle room is "toy canon".

tumblr_lvhj3c60Vp1qb59nf.jpg

80212%20-%20Hasbro%20apple_bloom%20scootaloo.png

Hasbro sucks, Me > Show > Fans > Haters > Toys. Hierarchy of canon.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yea a joke, its not like they're going to be branded with a tattoo that symbolizes their 'service ' to the empire.

Link Man

Banned
  1. Party of One
  2. Sonic Rainboom
  3. Lesson Zero
  4. Dragonshy
  5. Greeen Isn't Your Color
  6. Swarm of the Century
  7. Winter Wrap-Up
  8. Best Night Ever
  9. Luna Eclipsed
  10. The Cutie Mark Chronicles

Hi there, me again. I think I'm going to change the start time for each new episode to 11PM EST (8PM Pacific), as I fear the previous time is a little too late at night. This means that the next episode will start in just over two hours, and it will be "Swarm of the Century". Until then, "Dragonshy" will continue to play just in case you missed it. Hope to see you later!

Narag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6pYVUtCMa4

"This holiday season, take a short amount of time to write a short message to the people within the community who have given you inspiration, hope, help, or their friendship."

In the spirit of the video message, I would like to thank you guys for being the main reason I got into this show. I know I'm not around much anymore, but I didn't forget where this all started. Thank you all again.

Stay well, 36.

Prior to the storm there was nothing wrong with how the ponies lived.

They each had their own abilities, and they used them in exchange for something they could not do themselves, and even if it was uneasy, they had peace.

There was nothing inherently wrong with the ununified pony world, until the first blizzard

I know. It's like PEACEFUL EXCHANGE OF GOODS AND SERVICES!?!?!?! EVIL!!!!!

Someone get Fox News on this shit stat.

>implying that the two on the sides aren't part of the center as well

>implying on a non-4chan board
>2011

ISHYGDDT

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Actually... the rabbit hole goes deeper.

Remember how we all thought that Ponies are just harmony loving and caring? Well, at the end of today's episode, they started quarreling over nothing... and then the winter spirits roared and ereypony froze in fear and Rainbow Dash quickly closed the windows. And then everypony laughed.

Fact: Ponies do not choose harmony, they simply live in constant fear. Equestria is a country, ruled by fear. BOOOOOM.
It is all part of Celestia's plan to subjugate all ponies. What's missing is how she rose to power after getting them to unify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom