• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheerilee

Oh I so wish I had #1 and #4, but I don't.

I now have all of them. (There seems to be no #1)

political_ponies_4_by_theartrix-d4cx245.jpg

political_ponies_6_by_theartrix-d4f6j7o.jpg

political_ponies_7_by_theartrix-d4fxv85.jpg

political_ponies_8_by_theartrix-d4hk9af.jpg

political_ponies_9_by_theartrix-d4i5c88.jpg

All from here: http://theartrix.deviantart.com/

Speaking of JJ, where has he been lately? I haven't seen him in IRC in forever ;_;.

I can't help but think maybe a lot of the human pony hate (especially for the "saucier" stuff artists like JJ are known for) here scared him off since he's one of the more prominent human pony artists in the fandom now. Or maybe he's just busy.
I'm a fan, come at me bronies.

And speaking of Team Celestia,

And was just curious. Finished organizing my Pony folder full of awesome art, macros, and gifs. Finally made folders for characters like Fleur and Lyra&Bon Bon. Currently at 3.8 GB, wow. Anyone else keeping an offline collection, and if so how big is it?

Always figured that Celestia's reaction to the meaner aspects of fandom would be...

53xHW.gif

Love that GIF. I actually read it in her voice. But I imagine Celestia having a sense of humor and laughing at some of the Trolestia stuff while being more annoyed at all the Molestia allegations.

PBalfredo

I think the main reason trollestia/molestia/tyrentestia exists is because her canon is presented as having no flaws
and thus, boring as hell

Well, I kinda like Trollestia because the show gives JUST enough room to make such an interpretation possible (and thus humorous). Tyrant Celestia is no different (or better) than those "Let's make Mario super mature and twisted" parodies. Molestia is just.... WTF? I guess it's just making fun of the numerous people in power molesting children these days.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Celestia just wants everypony to be the best pony they can be. She strives to see how the citizens take care of any test by their own will and determination.

While I don't agree with the fans and how they see Celestia, I still love stuff like those political cartoons (it's good emulation of the real deal). And in the end, the fanbase will fall and I'll be right.

Well, I kinda like Trollestia because the show gives JUST enough room to make such an interpretation possible (and thus humorous). Tyrant Celestia is no different (or better) than those "Let's make Mario super mature and twisted" parodies. Molestia is just.... WTF? I guess it's just making fun of the numerous people in power molesting children these days.

Tyrant Celestia has some textual basis (quite a bit, as I think about it). The events leading up to Luna's banishment are ambiguous enough to that a tyrannical interpretation's as plausible as another; moreover, characters seem constantly worried about pissing her off and getting banished, like Twilight and Fluttershy in a bird in the hoof, or Rainbow Dash in Sonic Rainboom, though the more charitable (and likely) explanation is humorous overreaction.

Link Man

Banned
  1. Party of One
  2. Sonic Rainboom
  3. Lesson Zero
  4. Dragonshy
  5. Greeen Isn't Your Color
  6. Swarm of the Century
  7. Winter Wrap-Up
  8. Best Night Ever
  9. Luna Eclipsed
  10. The Cutie Mark Chronicles

Wow, already nearly done with three days of the marathon. I hope you all have been able to catch a showing, and if you haven't, "Party of One" will be playing for another 1.5 hours (so at least 3 full showings remain). And then, at midnight EST (9PM Pacific, 5AM GMT), the next episode will begin. Tomorrow's episode will be "Dragonshy".

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
More Christmas.

the_second_day_of_christmas_by_karzahnii-d4j739x.png

Tyrant Celestia has some textual basis (quite a bit, as I think about it). The events leading up to Luna's banishment are ambiguous enough to that a tyrannical interpretation's as plausible as another; moreover, characters seem constantly worried about pissing her off and getting banished, like Twilight and Fluttershy in a bird in the hoof, or Rainbow Dash in Sonic Rainboom, though the more charitable (and likely) explanation is humorous overreaction.

I think that any way you look at it, there's not even a hint of a tyrant. Luna went batshit crazy, and tried to bring evil upon the land and kill everything, Celestia had to stop it. There's not much ambiguity there. As yto your second point, maybe it's just reading too much Harry Potter, but the characters being afraid of her punishment reminds me of the kids int he book and Dumbledore. He would never punish them unjustly (or even in the books, that much at all), but they all (especially harry) feared disappointing him, and would imagine very unrealistic punishments being doled out from him.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
In other news, check out the humble indie bundle 4 page.

qbIr1.png

Maybe something about actors performing for free? Great as it was, it might be unprofessional to do something like that.

She posted a comment saying she posted it without proper approval/permission. I figured that would happen so I saved it right away.

And yeah things are kinda slow in here right now. It seems there's just been a bit of a lull in content lately despite new episodes. I haven't seen a new "ponified trailer" in ages and only a really small handful of quality vids lately, and even then nothing mindblowing.

I guess I chose a really bad time to go on a break. I actually have to finish that Toonami mashup and I have a ton of other ideas, but then I went on vacation and then started using my free time to play Zelda: SS.

But here, quick Art dump

Aaaand, I'm going to bed. I'll see you guys hopefully tomorrow night when the new Pony EP airs, but I've been challenged to a Spicy Buffalo Wing eating contest when I get off work tomorrow, so I'll be out most of the day, might not even get a chance to watch it until Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom