• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I saw this clean fanart with the artstyle similar of that show involving Rainbow Dash giving Clopjob for a buck. What does Clopjob mean?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ookami-kun said:
So I saw this clean fanart with the artstyle similar of that show involving Rainbow Dash giving Clopjob for a buck. What does Clopjob mean?
you now that groove in a hoof? mmmmm.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Here is an article I stole found on Equestria Daily. Hasbro's CEO discusses the company's recent gains.

Link to article
Sethisto said:
The CEO over at Hasbro has recently published a bunch of interesting information about the company's Q2 progress, including some good news about the Hub. I'll drop some TL;DR bullet points here for everyone too lazy to read through it, but if you are interested, the article is right here!

Significant growth overall over seas, citing 30% after foreign exchange
Internation business now just as important as the USA (Probably a good indicator on why we see so many variations of pony popping up lately!)
Friendship is magic recieves an entire dedicated section in the article, with piles of praise.
Friendship is Magic is a top-rated program in Canada. (Keep up the good work canadian bronies!)
30% increase in toy sales in Canada since FiM aired
53% increase in rating for FiM's timeslot in the UK on the boomerang channel
Hub doing really well, and signing deals in studios around the world.

Sounds like it's pretty damn successful! The article continues on with a bunch of other brands and numbers you might find interesting. No mention of the "surprise pony demographic" at all, which is a bit sad, but at least the 8-11 year old girl section is enjoying it.

Feel free to bombard me in emails if I got anything wrong. I don't exactly have a whole lot of time to run around researching everything in detail!

Thanks to hydra for the article link

2th

Banned
was going through ponybooru a miunte ago and came across this gem

luna_plays__fallout_3_by_echowolf800-d3rbtmx.png

Ultimoo said:
why do you people want them to constantly keep talking about the "surprise" demographic?
I agree that it's a terrible double-edged sword if the slow lurching behemeth of Hasbro corp starts to try and pander to what may amount to fickle fans if the show starts going noticeably downhill a season or two later.

We're lucky that right now, the only people that active engage the "brony" audience are the enthusiastic and passionate people working either directly on or tangential to the show. God knows what happens when Hasbro's corporate decisions arrive late to that party and try to squeeze that fandom with the same minimal effort they give their normal demographic.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
meltingparappa said:
I agree that it's a terrible double-edged sword if the slow lurching behemeth of Hasbro corp starts to try and pander to what may amount to fickle fans if the show starts going noticeably downhill a season or two later.

We're lucky that right now, the only people that active engage the "brony" audience are the enthusiastic and passionate people working either directly on or tangential to the show. God knows what happens when Hasbro's corporate decisions arrive late to that party and try to squeeze that fandom with the same minimal effort they give their normal demographic.
Acknowledging the secondary demographic would imply an willingness to market for that segment, and many fans would really want to buy official merchandise geared at them. Of course, they would just ignore that merchandise if its quality was sub-par, but they wouldn't stop watching the show as long as it kept a certain quality.

Acknowledging this audience would imply a willingness from Hasbro to pursue this route, but as we have seen, they lack the boldness and agility to do so.

Nishastra

Banned
I love the part near the end where the entire screen is filled with the slow zoom on Twilight and RD, and then shortly after where two ponies seem to actually run all the way across the screen :p

2th

Banned
tiff said:
I just saw a Squid Girl-themed onahole the other day. Why not ponies?

I am not sure what disturbs me more, the thought of a pony onahole or the fact that I actually know what an onahole is. I sometimes feel like I've spent too much time on the internet.

ThreeSix said:
I liked it, though I've never heard of Phineas and Ferb and am wondering how the CMC got a custom song made like that. Still good nevertheless.

You should give it a shot. I think it's one of the best cartoons on TV right now (behind MLP). Kinda sad it doesn't have the same kind of internet following as MLP and Adventure Time, but it's really good. By far, the best thing Disney has on TV right now. Speaking of which, I wonder if I should send the video XiaNaphryz's way. He's GAF's resident P+F fan, might make him a fan of the show :3

The song comes from this guy's Youtube page. He has a few Pony songs and just came out with a Gilbert and Sullivan parody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlqaNZqD_Zg

Neki

Myke Greywolf said:
Acknowledging the secondary demographic would imply an willingness to market for that segment, and many fans would really want to buy official merchandise geared at them. Of course, they would just ignore that merchandise if its quality was sub-par, but they wouldn't stop watching the show as long as it kept a certain quality.

Acknowledging this audience would imply a willingness from Hasbro to pursue this route, but as we have seen, they lack the boldness and agility to do so.

How would merchandise marked towards "bronies" be any different from those marketed to their supposed "target" audience. As long as the quality is good, I'm sure most of us would buy it regardless if it was made for a little girl, because we enjoy MLP. The only merchandise that I imagine that would be tailored to the older folks would be shirts/hoodies/games.

Orcastar

Obligatory "my god, it's full of pony" post. I'm gonna watch all YTPMVs this way from now on. Or maybe not, would probably make my head explode. Twice.

Choppasmith said:
Okay, so just finished my latest video. It's a PMV version of the awesome fan-made Phineas and Ferb theme cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5JJzqlX_7A

It's funny because Lauren Faust did say she wouldn't mind doing a CMC spinoff (long before she announced her resignation from the show)
Reading comprehension fail:
"This video seems to fit suspiciously well with the song..."
*Checks post again*
"Oh, it's actually a pony parody."
*Facehoof*

Neki

damnit was going to buy Pixeljunk Shooter 2 today because I was bored, but it's back up to ten dollars, but everything else was still on sale. damn you Sony. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom