• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

kunonabi

great episode

Big lebowski ponies
great animation
"speaking fancy"
zebra sense
Twilight Rarity
jazzy music when spike found the book

I really enjoyed it. Nowhere near as bad as the barrel episode.

The first half reminded me why the CMC episodes are the weakest of the lot, fortunately it picked up a bit in the second half.
But this was easily the weakest episode from this season so far.

Bowling ponies.

83985%20-%20allie_way%20background_pony%20mother_daughter.jpg

84060%20-%20allie_way%20artist%3Anyerpy%20bowling_ball%20humanized.png

Human bowling ponies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Slamtastic said:
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/f2c2810be726ba433ba88faaaa22647f/84060%20

And ke-%20allie_way%20artist%3Anyerpy%20bowling_ball%20humanized.png

Human bowling ponies.

Her name is totally Pin Stripe.

And get the humans out of the ot.

DrForester said:
And get the humans out of the ot.
Artwork with obvious and undeniable inspiration from and connection to content present in Season 2.

Just like how Rainbow putting on her sunglasses was a thing that happened in Season 2.

rainbow_dash_deal_with_it_by_metalbeersolid-d4d2dq3.gif

Tizoc

Hilarious ep. IMO.
I can see Applebloom having a Cute Pox ver. in the Fighting game where her only starting special move is to get a random Cutie Mark and with it a set of attacks, sort of like Zappa from Guilty Gear.

EDIT: Anyone got GIFs of Pinkie Pie fainting at her party not cheering up Applebloom?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
That was pretty fantastic, I think this and last week's were some of the best eps so far. Only Scoots needs her own now!

Also, glad to see Applejack being great again.

OmyW6.png

Episode rankings:

1.) Return of Harmony Part 2
2.) Lesson Zero
3.) Luna Eclipsed
4.) Return of Harmony Part 1
5.) Cutie Pox
6.) Sisterhooves Social

brian577

Banned
More Episode Rankings!

Luna Eclipsed
Return of Harmony Part 2
Sisterhooves Social
Return of Harmony Part 1
The Cutie Pox
Lesson Zero

Acerac

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
http://i.imgur.com/OmyW6.png[IMG]

Episode rankings:

1.) Return of Harmony Part 2
2.) Lesson Zero
3.) Luna Eclipsed
5.) Cutie Pox
6.) Sisterhooves Social[/QUOTE]
Switch Return of Harmony Part 2 and Lesson Zero and I agree.

Ikael

Episode rankings galore!

1.) Lesson Zero
2.) Return of Harmony Part 2
3.) Luna Eclipsed
5.) Sisterhooves Social
6.) Cutie Pox

PBalfredo

Orcastar said:
Air date and synopisis for episode 10!

Title: Secret of my Excess
Synopsis: Spike gets greedy on his birthday and has a huge growth spurt that could decimate Ponyville.
Air Date: December 10, 2011

Still no episode for AJ...
This sounds amazing. Can't wait.

I can't help but think that episode might have some shades of this

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Ikael said:
Episode rankings galore!

1.) Lesson Zero
3.) Luna Eclipsed
5.) Sisterhooves Social
6.) Cutie Pox

Pretty much the canon list

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Two cutie Mark Crusaders observations about this episode.

1. It was wonderful to see Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle totally happy for AB when they thought she got her mark. No resentment or jealousy.

2. Applebloom is the only one of them who's really desperate to get her Cutie Mark. Scoot and SB want theirs and would love to expedite it, but they really don't seem to let it bother them as much as it does AB.

DrForester said:
1. It was w3onderful to see Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle totally happy for AB when they thought she got her mark. No resentment or jealousy.
A missed opportunity for realistic and deep character interaction, with a heartwarming friendship ending to it.

Obviously it would have to be the focus of an entire episode, in order to do it justice, however.

Sciz

The several minutes of hoops and plates in the middle dragged on somewhat, but it's hard to complain when the tradeoff was so much fun animation.

And more Zecora is never a bad thing either. Bonus points for being able to heal the unhealable and vanish like Batman.

But when all the best lines in a CMC episode are coming from characters who aren't the CMC, it's time to retire the concept.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think it ties a bit more into my second point. Scoot and SB know their Cutie marks will come. They have fun trying to get them (Just look how they went bowling and had fun but AB was just there to get a Cutie mark). They're also both a lot closer to getting theri mark than AB I think. They just need to realize that what they love to do is their special skill. AB sees it as her only reason for existing.

Link Man

Banned
So, what if that filly was actually Derpy, and the Derpy we know and love is actually from the future (tying into the whole Doctor Whooves fandom)?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
DrForester said:
I think it ties a bit more into my second point. Scoot and SB know their Cutie marks will come. They have fun trying to get them (Just look how they went bowling and had fun but AB was just there to get a Cutie mark). They're also both a lot closer to getting theri mark than AB I think. They just need to realize that what they love to do is their special skill. AB sees it as her only reason for existing.
I think her insistence at the end that she'll try again right away but with her friends means she's learnt it's the journey and not the destination that's important.

Thnikkaman said:
How would it be more realistic or deep if they were more obviously jealous and/or resentful?
Kids, or even people in general, may demonstrate jealousy when someone else gets something they want.

But I suppose I just have a different picture of Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, and don't see how they have less desire than Applebloom to get their marks or are any more willing to wait, considering they keep trying things "to get our cutie marks", direct quote from many of Scootaloo's lines.

Negator

1.) Lesson Zero
2.) Luna Eclipsed
3.) Cutie Pox
4.) Return of Harmony Part 2
5.) Return of Harmony Part 1
6.) Sisterhooves Social

I have to say despite the funny quirks, this episode was kinda ho-hum for me. More Zecora is great though.

Rankings so far Best to Worst

Lesson Zero
Luna Eclipsed
Return of Harmony 1+2
Sisterhooves Social
Cutie Pox

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
burningranger said:
Thought today's episode was okay, nothing spectacular, but you gotta love the creators putting in a Big Lebowski reference for the older fans.

I figured that was just Craig McCraken exercising his influence over Lauren Faust exercising her influence over Rob Renzetti.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ikael said:
Episode rankings galore!

1.) Lesson Zero
3.) Luna Eclipsed
5.) Sisterhooves Social
6.) Cutie Pox

I wouldn't change a single thing about this list.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This episode was complete shit until Apple Bloom got her second cutie mark.

Qu'est-ce que c'est ? Je parle français !?

Has anyone pointed out that the pony from when she's playing chess is based on a Pixar short?

EDIT: Cutie Mark Crusaders episodes are always gonna be weaker because the problems than can naturally arise from the dilemma of brats being brats are honestly very uninteresting. It wasn't until this episode delved into the fantastical and the schadenfreude that it got redeemed.

EDIT2:
Slamtastic said:
Easily the high point of the episode. HNNNGH.

Regulus Tera said:
Has anyone pointed out that the pony from when she's playing chess is based on a Pixar short?

It was the first thing I thought of, but when you look at him, the old pony doesn't really bear any resemblence

LSszA.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
1. Lesson Zero
2. Return of Harmony Part 2
3. Luna Eclipsed
4. Cutie Pox
5. Return of Harmony Part 1
6. Sisterhooves Social

Top Bottom