• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
So genetics are explained as random. The fanon is going to go crazy over this.

we know they're not random though, not 3 episodes ago we had distinct populations of the three subspecies.
derpy/dinky and berry/ruby confirmed

could just be that ponies get around a lot. or adoption. or kids from a previous relationship.

tumblr_ljhzymdEIc1qil6hqo1_500.gif

Jharp

Why is the animation in the old show so much better?

I mean... why do you all watch this nonsense because it's... like, lame, and stuff...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Babies have power surges now and then since they can't control their magic. I don't think it means anything far as Scoot is concerned.

Babies have power surges now and then since they can't control their magic. I don't think it means anything far as Scoot is concerned.

I only remember that being said about unicorns.

In fact, I think Rarity said that baby UNICORNS had that random surge of magic.

RainbowDash said that once they get their wings going ... shit gets real. So I don't think that this is random flight.

Maybe everyone starts flying at different times explaining why Scootaloo can't?
I mean, Fluttershy had a hard time with it when she was younger. Or at least it seemed like it.

Or maybe Scootaloo is just disabled :/

I'll just leave this here:
[better than Scootaloo image]

Either it was the 'spurts' that both Rainbow Dash and others were warning about...or, alternatively, maybe the baby was 'helped along' with the sibling? You know how kids can be, striving to catch up to their brothers and sister, either competitively or what have you.

And, besides, it seems they did have some sort of 'self-awareness' after all was said in done (as was demonstrated by the end of the episode). Overall, loved that is was different than what I originally thought it was going to be (I swear it was going to be a 'Stare Master 2.0, Pinkie edition), and hope next week is good too!
...and a new Adventure Time is coming in a couple days, so YAY!

To me, the only reason I see Scoot can't fly is:

A. Her wings are too small and/or a disability not explained so far,

B. Lack of parents/older Pegasus sibling to assist in flying *hint hint Rainbow Dash =p*, or

C. (a rather perverted theory) Weeks and months of wing-boners from being around her favorite idol, Rainbow Dash, have caused her wings to be ineffective for flying...cure, unknown.

Well, time for me to duck out...see you all in the Community thread =p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Probably not an in universe explanation. Real explanation is almost certainly that Scootaloo + scooter is adorable, and gives the CMC an easy mode of transportation.

And for all we know she can fly. We've seen her hover. Other than RD we have not really seen the Pegasus ponies flying around Ponyville. Everyone usually walks.

brian577

Banned
Updated synopis for episode 15

The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

The Flim Flam brothers challenge the Apples to a Cider Making Contest and the winner of the showdown gets to take Sweet Apple Acres, so with the farm in peril, the Apple ponies must come together and muster all their cider making skills.

Orcastar

Good episode, but not top tier, which was slightly disappointing for an episode starring the best pony. Glad to see the baby ponies were more tolerable than the one in Mare-Do-Well.
Updated synopis for episode 15

The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

The Flim Flam brothers challenge the Apples to a Cider Making Contest and the winner of the showdown gets to take Sweet Apple Acres, so with the farm in peril, the Apple ponies must come together and muster all their cider making skills.
So next week's episode is all about gambling and drinking. Awesome.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This is the closest the show has been to classic Looney Tunes since Feeling Pinkie Keen.

Got Tier episode. Damn, all those CMC episodes this season felt weird man.

Tizoc

Loved this ep., but I'm a Pinkie Pie fan so that's a given.
It was so adorable, funny and that scene with Pound Cake was just flippin' 'wat?'.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
This is the closest the show has been to classic Looney Tunes since Feeling Pinkie Keen.

Got Tier episode. Damn, all those CMC episodes this season felt weird man.

Indeed. It's actually quite interesting contrasting this episode to The Stare Master, when they both feature a similar basic plot structure. It would be interesting to see the writers continue to try to explore different story-telling styles based solely upon which main character the episode is following.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
A decent episode, but I'm not a huge Pinkie Pie fan so that probably plays into it.

My wife loved this episode. I don't know if she has come around to liking MLP but, she has started watching the show with my 1 year old son. It began when I showed her that he will stop everything to look at the TV when the main theme played, and just kind of snowballed from there. She says it's her favorite episode, but I think she's only seen 3 episodes total.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Episode: Hearts and Hooves Day
Summary: The Cutie Mark Crusaders make Miss Cheerilee and Big Macintosh fall in Love.
Air Date: February 11, 2011

I'm really growing to dislike the CMC, they just keep devouring episode plots and I'm rarely entertained by their shenanigans, where the hell are my Fluttershy episodes?!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
has anypony ever verbalized scootaloos flight problem? I mean, do we know she even has one? maybe she just doesnt fly all that often...

Episode: Hearts and Hooves Day
Summary: The Cutie Mark Crusaders make Miss Cheerilee and Big Macintosh fall in Love.
Air Date: February 11, 2011
>:D

So THIS must be the Cheerilee episode Nicole Oliver (her and Celestia's VA) was hinting at. I wonder if this will be like Keen on Ms Keene of PPG. Still, poor Fluttermac fans. I'm looking forward to Big Mac and Cheerilee having some much deserved screentime.

Top Bottom