• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxix said:
What I didn't realize the first time is that for every instance that I thought Nightmare Moon says "fools" she's actually saying foals..
I caught that immediately and there was a smile on my face as soon as it registered. I though that was very clever.

KtSlime

Regulus Tera said:
teh fuck is a diamond dog?

Ambiguous Cad said:
I had no idea what Diamond Dogs were and didn't look it up.... finally googled it today, and well…

wikipedia said:
Diamond Dogs is a concept album by David Bowie, originally released by RCA Records in 1974. Thematically it was a marriage of the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell and Bowie's own glam-tinged vision of a post-apocalyptic world

Tyrant Celestia is canon! Okay, not really, but I'm curious to see if the show references this in any way.

Lauren Faust is a genius.

G-Fex

ivedoneyourmom said:
Bowie is in all things, it only makes sense for him to be in MLP:FiM too.

I think so. Must find paper to draw David Pony...

Let's Dance
Put on your red horseshoes and dance the blues

Dai101

Banned
G-Fex said:
Maybe David Pony?
prmPe.jpg

ivedoneyourmom said:
I think so. Must find paper to draw David Pony...

entremet

So this is the source of all these avatars? Is this show pseudo subversive like Ren and Stimpy? The art style gives that vibe.

KtSlime

entrement said:
So this is the source of all these avatars? Is this show pseudo subversive like Ren and Stimpy? The art style gives that vibe.

I guess that it is kind of subversive, in that Lauren Faust wanted to make a show that was truly entertaining and not just a 20 minute advertisement for girls.

Faust thinks that many girls don't care for animation because animation with action and plot have been directed towards boys. She hopes to change that, and I think she is succeeding. I think many believe that, and that is part of the push towards getting the word out.

That and the show is genuinely fun, isn't an obnoxious sarcastic pile, and has an interesting mythology, endearing characters, and beautiful animation.

KtSlime

Amibguous Cad said:
Not really, except that
Rainbow Dash is a lesbian

I hope they do come up with a
lesbian
character, and I don't personally mind if it was Rainbow Dash, but I know why she will never be. If they DO make her into one, I think it would be a disservice because of obvious stereotyping that could occur.

Foxix Von

entrement said:

Yeah, you can blame me for the most part for the avatars lol.

As for the subversiveness no, not really. In fact I'd go as far as to say the opposite is a sizable portion of its appeal among fans. It's got a very wholesome and innocent fun aesthetic that works very much so in its favor. It's really just fun to watch. You won't really find any sort of gross out humor or thinly veiled adult humor, you'll find more wicked horse puns and cartoon slapstick here.

And yeah I really don't see that aspect of Rainbow Dash. She really just seems like the rugged tomboyish type. If they ever were to include a thinly veiled lesbian character I would sincerely hope it won't be her.

Bufbaf said:

This post just goes to reaffirm my suspicion that the Brony fandom is possibly the best fandom of anything. I might have to make one of those my ringtone. Those are seriously awesome!

Regulus Tera said:
Why does the tomboy always have to be the lesbian one?

The tomboyishness would be a pretty weak indicator on its own...

...but I mean, could they make it any more obvious with having a friggin rainbow tatooed on her flank?

KtSlime

Amibguous Cad said:
The tomboyishness would be a pretty weak indicator on its own...

...but I mean, could they make it any more obvious with having a friggin rainbow tatooed on her flank?

That is the EXACT reason I think that she is NOT a lesbian, and why Lauren completely avoided the question by stating that the ponies sexual identifications and orientations are irrelevant.

I'm not opposed to a lesbian on the show, I don't think they could pull it off though, but I am opposed to stereotype creation.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ivedoneyourmom said:
The only other thing I could come up with pwnage...

EXACTLY!

... I probably find this funnier than I should.

ANYHOO!

I finished subbing episodes 1 and 2 in european portuguese! Thankfully, episode 2 was not as dialogue-heavy as the first one.

The tougher part was Pinkie's song, and I think this is going to be a given from now on. So many synonyms for "laugh"!

The timing in the files is synchronized to the 1080p Hub HDTV rips. Video files from other sources may have slightly different timings, due to small differences in the way ad breaks have been cut.

If someone (namely ivedoneyourmom) wants to use these timings for their own translation projects, feel free to do so. Here is the link to my files:

http://www.mediafire.com/mlp-fim_pt-pt_subs

Feel free to use them, just credit Myke Greywolf for timing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom