• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiouswitch

Neo Member
ivedoneyourmom said:
I also like that all the 'adult' ponies had a set in belief that Zecora must be evil, however the Apple Blossom the filly didn't have such beliefs, and took Twilight's initial advice to heart and went to see with her own two eyes if Zecora was good or bad. Think it could be good for kids whose parents are well slightly intolerant… It'd be nice to say that parents never teach their children bad things, or that some of us older people are devoid of stereotype making, but when you get down to it, only children are truly free of it, and "don't always let your guardian's preconceptions become yours" is good and needed advice.

(The 4 year old daughter of that westboro family makes me cry whenever she says God hates gays and that they should all go to Hell)

Not to be too girlie but, there's a great song from South Pacific:

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught!

And anything that comes out of the Westboro baptists/family infuriates me and makes me want to cry but the children who are being brainwashed are the worst.

I have to say that the attention to detail (besides a few animation errors) is pretty well done. In Sonic Rainboom, I was waiting for the pegasi holding Rarity to drop her off by her friends, but they didn't. The next time we see her, she's in the hot air balloon basket. They could've easily blown off the fact that Rarity never had the cloud walking spell but they remained consistent with which spells were cast on which ponies. By that point in the episode, I was so accustomed to seeing ponies walking on clouds that I actually expected Rarity to be placed right down next to them and I watched for it. Didn't happen.

Also in Sonic Rainboom, is it me or does Fluttershy's loud cheering sound exactly like Bubbles from PPG? Do you think they got Tara Strong to do Fluttershy's "loud" voice? For some reason I really want to know this.

curiouswitch said:
Also remember this is a children's show whether we care or not. They are trying to teach morals. What better moral to be teaching our children then just because someone looks different doesn't mean they are an evil enchantress. =)

I thought they handled the subject pretty well. Also, Pinkie Pie's Evil Enchantress song made her my favourite pony :D Only up to Winter Wrap-up though.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Confused101 said:
I have to say that the attention to detail (besides a few animation errors) is pretty well done. In Sonic Rainboom, I was waiting for the pegasi holding Rarity to drop her off by her friends, but they didn't. The next time we see her, she's in the hot air balloon basket. They could've easily blown off the fact that Rarity never had the cloud walking spell but they remained consistent with which spells were cast on which ponies. By that point in the episode, I was so accustomed to seeing ponies walking on clouds that I actually expected Rarity to be placed right down next to them and I watched for it. Didn't happen.

Yeah, that was a nice detail, but it would have been hilarious if the pegasus ponies did drop Rarity on the cloud, only to have her pass through it and fall to her death. Again.

Confused101 said:
Also in Sonic Rainboom, is it me or does Fluttershy's loud cheering sound exactly like Bubbles from PPG? Do you think they got Tara Strong to do Fluttershy's "loud" voice? For some reason I really want to know this.
I don't know about Bubbles, apparently she sounded like more like Pinkie.

Pinkie and Fluttershy have the same voice actor. There is a trope entry specifically about Fluttershy's cheering in that episode.

KtSlime

Curiouswitch: it's cool, I like show tunes as well.

Confused101: According to EquestriaDaily radio station 91.8 The Fan will be having an interview with Tara Strong on March 11, 2-3PM PST, you can email them or call in and ask her. (They also have IRC)

Baby Jesus: Yeah, the attention to detail and the morals in the show are great. There is one instance that I didn't care for - as much as I like Pinkie Pie, I don't think Twilight should have given up trying to understand her precognition. I guess the message was "we don't know everything, so don't be upset if you can't get an answer yet" but I don't want people to misinterpret it as "some lines of questioning aren't worth continuing". :(

Myke Greywolf: It's a shame they didn't, I would have liked to see Dash pull off another Sonic Rainboom.

ivedoneyourmom said:
Baby Jesus: Yeah, the attention to detail and the morals in the show are great. There is one instance that I didn't care for - as much as I like Pinkie Pie, I don't think Twilight should have given up trying to understand her precognition. I guess the message was "we don't know everything, so don't be upset if you can't get an answer yet" but I don't want people to misinterpret it as "some lines of questioning aren't worth continuing". :(

I think the morals aren't as clear cut as they could be - maybe for the sake of entertainment and not being to blatant, but yeah, there are instances that can be misinterpreted. The whole sleepover episode with Applejack and Rarity laying into each other was a bit OTT. Ponies shouldn't fight <3

Mechanical Snowman said:
I don't know about Bubbles, apparently she sounded like more like Pinkie.

Pinkie and Fluttershy have the same voice actor. There is a trope entry specifically about Fluttershy's cheering in that episode.
That's a very good point. I can't help but hear Bubbles though.

ivedoneyourmom said:
Confused101: According to EquestriaDaily radio station 91.8 The Fan will be having an interview with Tara Strong on March 11, 2-3PM PST, you can email them or call in and ask her. (They also have IRC)
That would be awesome!... If I wasn't going to be driving back from my company's corporate office in Kansas at that exact time. Thanks though. :)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
The stare = The force and geass rolled up into one.

G1YJq.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
malingenie said:
Ok the avatars in this thread are cracking me up!
Imagine the 20-30 year olds behind them!

well, actually
no, I won't say it :/

Clevinger

malingenie said:
Ok the avatars in this thread are cracking me up!
Imagine the 20-30 year olds behind them!

Yeah, these ponies really seem out of place in the plethora of Mario, Link, anime, and Star Wars avatars on this forum.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Choppasmith said:
Something for the "Doctor Whoof" fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aftGF6PIfBo

One of the best DJ P0N-3 vids by far.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm just not able to understand the hate some people have on enthusiastic fans and the homages they create. How can you hate something capable of creating this? Sure, not all fan output is brilliant, but IMHO, not all of anything ever is, and it's always worth to keep an eye open for these little moments.

G-Fex

Myke Greywolf said:
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm just not able to understand the hate some people have on enthusiastic fans and the homages they create. How can you hate something capable of creating this? Sure, not all of it is brilliant, but IMHO, it's always worth for these little moments.

Doctor who's the best theme ever!

KtSlime

Have any of you been following the twitter MLP characters?

mlp_rainbow
mlp_spike
mlp_twilight
mlp_Celestia
mlp_Applejack
derpyhooves
mlp_fluttershy

Apparently Pinkie Pie is too cool for twitter, she's so random, and I doubt Rarity knows how to use a computer.

And the official:

MyLittlePony

lexi

Banned
G-Fex said:
YMBas.gif

Squeeeeeeeee!

Oh my god guys I love this so much! <3

I can't decide whether this or my current avvy :(

That's my former avatar. I really loved it too, but my heart belongs to Rainbow Dash.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Didn't have any interest in watching this.

Clicked the thread

See this

This show premiered on October 2010, and is helmed by Lauren Faust, creator of "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", animator for "The Iron Giant", writer for "Powerpuff Girls", and wife of PPG's creator Craig McCracken.

I'm going to have to watch this now.

G-Fex

lexi said:
That's my former avatar. I really loved it too, but my heart belongs to Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash is great! But I have a certain love for Apple Jack. So I took both.

I wouldn't mind a rarity or pinkie pie av down the line someday.

G-Fex

Amibguous Cad said:
Oooh, dibs on the Applejack lasso avatar (but I don't know where it's being hosted right now?)

EDIT: you changed back, G-Fex?

I'm sorry did you want the lasso one I'll give you t.

G-Fex

Amibguous Cad said:
Nah, if you're using an avatar rotation it's fine =) I don't want to steal it if you're still using it!

No no go ahead and take it. I don't like using rotations and rather just stick to one.

Trojita said:
Didn't have any interest in watching this.

Clicked the thread

See this

I'm going to have to watch this now.

That was pretty much what piqued my interest. It's a show with a lot of talent and quality behind it. Not just Lauren Faust, but you've got Rob Renzetti (creator of My Life As a Teenage Robot, Directed a lot of Dexter's Lab episodes) as Story Editor, Paul Rudish main storyboard artist from Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack and nearly all the writers for all the episodes are alumnae from a the aforementioned shows as well.

I Am Now

Banned
ivedoneyourmom said:
This may be old:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/03/what-would-you-ask-daniel-ingram.html

Interview with the guy(Daniel Ingram) that makes such awesome songs such as "Winter Wrap Up", "The Art of the Dress", and the CMC Theme.

It doesn't say what day they will be holding the interview, but if you have questions you should ask in the comments.
The only question I want to know is if he made the Evil Enchantress song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom