• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony iOS/Android Mobile Game |OT| Ponyville in your Pocket

Xzeon

Banned
EDIT: This game is horrible.

http://appaddict.net/2012/11/23/an-open-letter-to-gameloft-my-little-pony-feels-like-nothing-more-than-a-fleecing-of-mlp-fans/

A reveiw that sums up everything wrong with the game.

-------------------------

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony_(mobile_game)

My Little Pony is a city-building iOS and Android game licensed by Hasbro and developed by Gameloft. Many characters from the show appear in the game, including the main characters and several supporting and background characters.

Gameplay

The gameplay centers around rebuilding Ponyville and it features "placing, building, and collecting" aspects. Characters can be leveled up through specific tasks. The player starts as Twilight Sparkle, and more than 46 characters are to be available, obtainable in different ways. There are multiple kinds of currencies in the game which can be used for unlocking features, and alternatively the features can be purchased.

Minigames

Three minigames are available in the initial release: an apple-picking game, a cloud-clearing game, and a ball-bouncing game. If the cloud-clearing game is played as an Earth pony or a unicorn, the pony flies using magic wings similar to those used by Rarity in Sonic Rainboom and by her and Daisy Dreams in the Glimmer Wings toy line.

Objective sets

There are missions in the game which must be completed in order to progress through it. They are: Put Your Hoof Down, Carnival Games, Droughty Dragon, Flagged Down, Studying Hard, Taking the Cake, Cherry on Top, Cutie Mark Chronicles, Lemon Aid, and Apple Cravings.

800px-My_Little_Pony_iOS_game_3.jpg

Forkball

Does anyone actually like the real time city building games? Huge scams in my opinion. I strongly prefer things from Kairosoft when it comes to town building.

Xzeon

Banned
Does anyone actually like the real time city building games? Huge scams in my opinion. I strongly prefer things from Kairosoft when it comes to town building.

wish i had an iPhone to play the game lol.

i heard this game is pretty fun.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
The game doesn't run too well on my iPhone 4, it's manageable if you can ignore the screen lag but it's far too easy to nearly buy IAPs when some taps don't register or are delayed. It's well worth a few hours of play to the point of where it pretty much forces the player to buy in-app currency unless you have a week to invest in playing the game multiple times daily.

Xzeon

Banned
The game doesn't run too well on my iPhone 4, it's manageable if you can ignore the screen lag but it's far too easy to nearly buy IAPs when some taps don't register or are delayed. It's well worth a few hours of play to the point of where it pretty much forces the player to buy in-app currency unless you have a week to invest in playing the game multiple times daily.

most 'free' things are pretty much like, you can play 5% of the game for free, and then need to pay a shit ton to get to anything worthwhile.

judhudson

By the way, there is an iOS hack that will allow you to get all items in the store for free (because seriously, who is going to pay 500 gems for Rainbow Dash and other items that are needed to complete the game!? It actually does work.

What it does:

Makes every single item in the shop FREE.

How it works:

The game has a price list built in; but it also downloads an updated price list from vshop.mdc.gameloft.com every time it starts. This program contains an extremely minimal DNS proxy and http server, which hijacks that download to send the game a custom price list instead.

Requirements:

Windows and .net 4

Your iDevice and your computer need to be connected to the same router.

How to use:

ON YOUR COMPUTER

Download the zip file and extract everything to the same folder. Run the exe (or delete the exe and compile the source yourself)

If you only have one IPv4 address, it will be selected automatically. If you have more than one, select your private LAN IPv4 address.

ON YOUR iTHINGY

Open the wifi settings on your device and change set your DNS server to the same ip address selected in the program. Launch the Pony app and check out the store. :)

I've successfully tested with Windows XP and 7, iOS 5 and 6. This program uses ports 80 and 53, so make sure nothing else is already using them.

EDIT: Also works on Android!

HAVE FUN

Open PonyLiberator.exe
Go to your iDevice, and go to wifi
Select your default network (mine is linksys)
Press the blue arrow
Where it says DNS: ... (* being number, ie: 192.168.1.1)
Get rid of the numbers, look up at the .exe you opened
Type in the IP address that you see

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Does the simpson's tapped out count? That game has been commanding my free time for at least a month now, and I love the fanservice. Never thought I could get into one of these games but truth is I kinda enjoy it.

s_mirage

I've been playing this myself and it's quite fun, but yeah, the prices of ponies, shops and items are ridiculous. Should that hack really be posted here though, given that selling gems is how Gameloft makes its money?

judhudson

I've been playing this myself and it's quite fun, but yeah, the prices of ponies, shops and items are ridiculous. Should that hack really be posted here though, given that selling gems is how Gameloft makes its money?

Errr...thats a very good point, I didnt think of that. Does it need to be removed?

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm not criticizing or anything, just curious. Could you link me to one of those 30 pages topics? :p

Ah, thank you.

I watched one episode out of curiosity. The writting is decent and surprisingly witty, but I still don't see why it would be so popular. Well, whatever floats their boat I guess. I stopped getting the appeal of cartoons a long time ago so...

Thank you for being reasonable, you'll be surprised at how a simple thing like that can turn into a huge thread such as that.

I'm not a fan of the show myself, I watched three episodes and couldn't get into it.

Tizoc

Why is this My Little Pony thing so popular with adults?

Ponies...are random man.
One ep. they go up against a great evil and save all of Pony kind, another they solve a mystery in a train over who sabotaged cakes and pastries that were intended for a festival in a nearby town, the next ep. has little Ponies, Fillies, make a Love POISON instead of Love POTION to ship their teacher with the Bro-est Pony in town.

sakipon

most 'free' things are pretty much like, you can play 5% of the game for free, and then need to pay a shit ton to get to anything worthwhile.

I hate this. They should just make a demo available if one really feels strongly against people playing for free.

Ramma2

Been playing on android and the bugs are driving me mad. 3/4 of the time I quit out it doesn't save progress. Disable music/sound or notifications? Game doesn't care, will just turn them all back on next time.

And having to burn harmony gems on parasprites is just cruel.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Game is alright. Very repetitive gameplay. The world building is entertaining, but the huge time requirement to get anything (or the micotransactions to get around waiting) is very annoying. I would rather have had a paid game, and more balanced gameplay instead of something like farmville that you just check in on once a day.

Been playing on android and the bugs are driving me mad. 3/4 of the time I quit out it doesn't save progress. Disable music/sound or notifications? Game doesn't care, will just turn them all back on next time.

And having to burn harmony gems on parasprites is just cruel.

Except for activating the stones that's all harmony gems are good for, I burn most of them to get more money.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
The Android version is, for lack of a better term, 'clunky'.

Slow response, haphazard touch recognition, the ponies don't move from where they spawned, even if you move their home buildings, and half the things mentioned in this thread don't happen. (They're supposed to move around and say stuff? Wat?)

Granted, I'm running this on an 'aging' HTC Glacier, Gingerbread. I'll report back when/if I get my new phone.

BDGAME

It does have an android version, it just has a few problems with it right now. You can't add friends so getting anything later on is almost impossible and ponies don't walk around.

Better wait thru they fix these bugs then. My smarthphone is not in the compatible list as well, I will need to find the rom to download and try to install it.

Anyone know where I can find it?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Tip for iOS version (though supposedly it works on android too). If you put your device in airplane mode, and restart the game, the unlocks from the balloon like Time Turner and Trixie will be available via bits, rather than random chance from the balloon game.

tafer

Runs well on a galaxy tab 10.1, but uninstalled it after having an idea of the awful amount of repetitive work required to do anything without paying tons of money for those gems.

Xzeon

Banned
Runs well on a galaxy tab 10.1, but uninstalled it after having an idea of the awful amount of repetitive work required to do anything without paying tons of money for those gems.

sounds like the game could have been a lot better.

i really want a DS/3DS/WiiU game or something. i just hope if they do one it wont be complete shit, or at least kinda decent for a bargain buy of 10 bucks or something.

Dingotech

What the heck, there is a massive post in this thread about how to hack the game and pirate in game purchase...

Any other thread and the guy would have been banned in 1 hour...

Top Bottom