• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N-Gage QD launches at $99

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/20/news_6103025.html

Electronics Boutique has already decided the N-Gage QD needs a little help at retail. The company will offer customers who sign a one-year service contract with carrier T-Mobile an instant $100 rebate when they purchase the QD, which goes on sale next Tuesday. The rebate will cut the price of the new model in half, from its list price of $199 to just $99.

aoi tsuki

If there's a similar deal offered with AT&T, i'll jump on it. NG QD seems to have fixed the issues with the original, which pretty much makes it worth purchasing in my eyes. Having a phone and game system that can easily emulate others in one package is a plus for me.

Fusebox

Banned
I prefer the original.

The new QD removes MP3 playback (which can be re-added but still isnt stereo like the original), removes the FM radio, has no USB interface and I dont like the new buttons.

The mmc card location doesnt bother me because it never comes out.

The original can also be made to not 'side-talk' with one little drill-hole in the right spot btw but I don't even use it as a phone.

:)

----

Banned
The only thing that is cool about the N-Gage is N-Gage Arena, which is basically like Xbox Live for a cell phone network. Actually it sounds like it does a number of things better than Xbox Live.

The cell phone network is the one thing that N-Gage has that I really wish PSP or DS had. Wi-Fi is nice, but it's nowhere near as ubiquitous or steady as cell phone coverage is. The thing that really sucks about wi-fi is it isn't mobile, meaning you can't use it if you're traveling. And unless Sony or Nintendo take the time to build a service and community like Live or Arena then online gaming on those systems is going to be lame.

Top Bottom