• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga Thread (OT) - The End is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the contestants would forfeit after finding out. Naruto's base clone can knock out everybody, but sasuke, but they are a team so they won't fight until the preliminaries.

This could be filler because it doesn't deserve an arc at all.

luckyguess

Neo Member
Well Kaguya doesn't look human. Hagaromo and Hamura even has horns. Both of them are pretty superhuman being able to take her on. Unlike Naruto, Hagaromo took on Kaguya without being a host.

How do we know Kaguya didn't take on those characteristics after eating the chakra fruit? We just don't know anything about her. I'll be mad if we don't get any explanation of her origin.

Frog-fu

Banned
gaara had already completed 14 A rank missions and 3 S rank missions prior to the chuunin exams(so 17 jonin-exclusive missions) - even kakashi had only completed ~40 S rank missions in his like 20 years of being a super well-known Jonin (that fought during the 3rd ninja world war, at that). Gaara may have been a psychopath but he was also depicted as being well beyond his years in terms of wisdom and leadership capabilities.

Hashirama may have been a naïve fool, but nothing we see suggest he wasn't able to lead a village. Do you really think Naruto has the skills at this time to manage a village without basically dumping all of the important work onto shikamaru or someone else?

He's definitely a hero, but not ready to be a leader. Not yet.

As if mission stats should have any real bearing at his point after all Naruto has done, which I remind you includes:. beating Gaara, Kakuzu, Nagato, and carrying the team against Obito and Kaguya to the point he might as well have soloed both. He also saved thousands of shinobi, from the moment his clones arrived on battle fronts.

Naruto has proven himself to be more charismatic and powerful than anyone else alive. Why would Kakashi be more qualified because he's completed more missions? There is nothing to suggest Naruto wouldn't take his job seriously. I think you're vastly underestimating Naruto's maturity to the point you're acting as though he's a child. Naruto is not a child. He has proven himself to be mature when it's necessary, like Hashirama.

You act like Kakashi becoming hokage means that Naruto will never have the chance. It's not his time, and Hashirama is much more level headed and than Naruto. They have they're obvious similarities, but don't give me that "they're exactly alike" argument.

To start, my main issue with Kakashi becoming Hokage is that it has become a very likely possibility when we're at the end of the manga. In other words, I've been waiting 15 years for Naruto to become Hokage at the end, only for Kakashi to step in and become Hokage because Obito told him to. What the fuck is that shit, how is that even remotely acceptable to you?

Hashirama is much more level headed, based on what? When he's nothing fighting, he's more outgoing than Naruto. When both are fighting, they're serious. As would be expected. Naruto has a stronger personality that Hashirama, he doesn't succumb to weird bouts of depression (which are for comedic effect, I know), and actually gets forceful.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oh my GOD yes, there is NO way kishi could skip over this opportunity.
The thought of Naruto teaching his own team really makes a part 3 sound appealing...

To start, my main issue with Kakashi becoming Hokage is that it has become a very likely possibility when we're at the end of the manga. In other words, I've been waiting 15 years for Naruto to become Hokage at the end, only for Kakashi to step in and become Hokage because Obito told him to. What the fuck is that shit, how is that even remotely acceptable to you?

Hashirama is much more level headed, based on what? When he's nothing fighting, he's more outgoing than Naruto. When both are fighting, they're serious. As would be expected. Naruto has a stronger personality that Hashirama, he doesn't succumb to weird bouts of depression (which are for comedic effect, I know), and actually gets forceful.

I don't think we're at the end of the series, and Naruto can still very well be Hokage by the end, after Kakashi. He will still have his time. This is the main point i'm trying to get across. Naruto will have his time nonetheless. He doesn't HAVE to have to rush it and get the position right after the war. I really don't see why this is a problem for you. Your wishes will most likely come true either way. It's just that Kakashi (assuming he will want to take the position if the time comes) is much better suited for the job than Naruto is at this point.

For one, Hashirama seems to be a bit more realistic in terms of thinking of the big picture. Naruto still wanted to bring Sasuke back after becoming an S rank criminal just because they had a "bond". Hashirama wanted to have peace with Madara because he knew that if he killed him, there would be people looking to avenge him and start the cycle of hatred.

So Oro must be close to attacking and possessing Sasuke right?

I await the moment where he possesses the Sauce with baited breath. Fingers crossed it happens just as he and Naruto are about to hug it out...

Oro with the Sasuke's powers? Now there's a worthy end boss.

Namikaze1

It's quite refreshing to see this weekend isn't about a certain topic that shall not be mention. I think you all know the topic. No, it's not aliens dammit!

Anyway, I decided to spend the day watching Naruto films. So GAF, how would you rank the films?

This is my list:

1) Road to Ninja
2) Inheritors of the Will of Fire
3) Bonds
4) Clash in the Land of Snow
5) Naruto Shippuden the Movie
6) The Lost Tower
7) Blood Prison
8) Stone of Gelel
9) Crescent Moon Kingdom

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It makes the most sense. There's no way that Oro has changed to the point where he doesn't want to possess that kind of power. He'll attack, it's just a matter of when.

OK, if there really is going to be a part 3 (which I seriously doubt), I'd be OK with this development. It's the only way it would possibly work.

Because then Naruto will become Hokage at the end of Part 3 when Kakashi dies.

Wait for it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Because then Naruto will become Hokage at the end of Part 3 when Kakashi dies.

Wait for it.

When I first started reading/watching Naruto (relatively recently - Toonami late 2012 got me into it), I knew that there was a "second" Naruto series. During the battle between Zabuza and Kakashi, I began to suspect that the first series would end with Kakashi's death (Not knowing at the time that Shippuden was merely a rebranding after Toei animation almost killed the brand's popularity outside of the manga because of Filler Hell)

MikeMyers

When I first started reading/watching Naruto (relatively recently - Toonami late 2012 got me into it), I knew that there was a "second" Naruto series. During the battle between Zabuza and Kakashi, I began to suspect that the first series would end with Kakashi's death (Not knowing at the time that Shippuden was merely a rebranding after Toei animation almost killed the brand's popularity outside of the manga because of Filler Hell)

Studio Pierrot is the anime company that makes Naruto, not Toei Animation.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
We still don't know how Hashirama died.

Frog-fu

Banned
I don't think we're at the end of the series, and Naruto can still very well be Hokage by the end, after Kakashi. He will still have his time. This is the main point i'm trying to get across. Naruto will have his time nonetheless. He doesn't HAVE to have to rush it and get the position right after the war. I really don't see why this is a problem for you. Your wishes will most likely come true either way. It's just that Kakashi (assuming he will want to take the position if the time comes) is much better suited for the job than Naruto is at this point.

For one, Hashirama seems to be a bit more realistic in terms of thinking of the big picture. Naruto still wanted to bring Sasuke back after becoming an S rank criminal just because they had a "bond". Hashirama wanted to have peace with Madara because he knew that if he killed him, there would be people looking to avenge him and start the cycle of hatred.

I'm getting your point just fine, I just don't agree with it. Why should Naruto have to wait to become Hokage? Why should the readers, after all this time, have to put with Kakashi essentially cutting in line towards the fucking end when we've waited 15 years to see Naruto achieve his dream? I don't find that acceptable in the least. Why does Kakashi even have to keep the seat warm? Tsunade is still Gokage, she's still alive and she will be alive after the war, most likely, so there is no reason she can't keep the seat until it's Naruto's time.

You're forgetting the fact Hashirama's bond is what kept him from wiping out the Uchiha clan even though they had killed many Senju and you're also forgetting that Hashirama tried to reason with Madara as he was trying to destroy Konoha. Naruto told Sasuke if we to come at Konoha, that he'd fight him till they were both dead. They are hardly any different.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I'm getting your point just fine, I just don't agree with it. Why should Naruto have to wait to become Hokage? Why should the readers, after all this time, have to put with Kakashi essentially cutting in line towards the fucking end when we've waited 15 years to see Naruto achieve his dream? I don't find that acceptable in the least. Why does Kakashi even have to keep the seat warm? Tsunade is still Gokage, she's still alive and she will be alive after the war, most likely, so there is no reason she can't keep the seat until it's Naruto's time.

You're forgetting the fact Hashirama's bond is what kept him from wiping out the Uchiha clan even though they had killed many Senju and you're also forgetting that Hashirama tried to reason with Madara as he was trying to destroy Konoha. Naruto told Sasuke if we to come at Konoha, that he'd fight him till they were both dead. They are hardly any different.

Kakashi has more overall experience and he is smarter than naruto. Overall Kakashi would be the better pick in reality (granted i know its fake) however Kakashi would be a better hokage in the mean time because he knows what would be right for the village, when it comes down to the nitty gritty naruto is a skilled fighter but does not have the patience and smarts for politics involving an entire village. The Hokage makes decisions for the entire village, naruto still has alot of selfishness in him, he needs to become more selfless. Can he protect the village? Absolutely, but even during peace time the village would need a hokage that knows the village ins and outs and can make decision that would benefit the people, not just one person.

DonMigs85

So basically 2 theories huh

1, Kaguya might be lurking in Madara's "corpse"

2. The Sage does a heel turn but I don't think that's too likely

Frog-fu

Banned
Kakashi has more overall experience and he is smarter than naruto. Overall Kakashi would be the better pick in reality (granted i know its fake) however Kakashi would be a better hokage in the mean time because he knows what would be right for the village, when it comes down to the nitty gritty naruto is a skilled fighter but does not have the patience and smarts for politics involving an entire village. The Hokage makes decisions for the entire village, naruto still has alot of selfishness in him, he needs to become more selfless. Can he protect the village? Absolutely, but even during peace time the village would need a hokage that knows the village ins and outs and can make decision that would benefit the people, not just one person.

This same old tired argument keeps being trotted out again and again, and it needs to die already. Experience and intelligence are utterly worthless platitudes. What did Gaara know about leading a village before becoming Kazekage, what real experience did he have? What did Tsunade know about leading a village while she was drinking the years away? Kakashi is a team leader and a frontline combatant. What does he know about leading a village?

It is so predictable of you to treat Naruto like some complete imbecile when he has, time and again, proven himself to be capable of maturity and gravity when it is appropriate.

You claim Kakashi would know what is best of village, but that is baseless claim. Naruto knows of the shinobi system's flaws, he is determined to fix it, and he has earned the people's confidence that he can realise that ambition. What would Kakashi bring to the table other than being an unnecessary stopgap and living Obito's dream? Kakashi brings nothing to table that Tsunade isn't already, so there is no reason for her to step down for him, and if she retired, there's little reason for her to pick Kakashi over Naruto when she has already acknowledged the latter as a future Hokage in the making.

As for Naruto's supposed selfishness, really? Naruto is a lot of things, but selfish is the last thing I would call him. If anything, he's the opposite. He's selfless. Naruto would do anything for his friends, and he would do anything to protect Konoha - even if that meant killing someone dear to him.

Maddocks

People need to get over it, Kakashi is going to be kage first, not because naruto doesn't deserve it, because he does. Its because hes clearly going to travel the world with his super best friends the tailed beasts. He will build relationships with other villages and learn everything they have to offer.

it just feels like that is what his path is going to lead him, get worldly, learn things from others and then return and take care of the village his own way. Naruto is going to become kage, that is a fact, its just not going to be tomorrow.

Good luck getting anyone to agree with you. I already pointed that out a couple pages back and but everyone dismissed it and ran with aliens and evil backstabbing Sage instead.

Maybe is just a red herring. Like how Madara spat out the sage tools. (maybe that was foreshadowing that Madera defeat would be at the hand of two Sage tools (Naruto and Sasuke)

Frog-fu

Banned
There's a theory going around that Hagoromo stole his brother's power and sealed him in one of his ninja tools. I don't know if I'd like to see that. Could be awesome.

So basically 2 theories huh

1, Kaguya might be lurking in Madara's "corpse"

2. The Sage does a heel turn but I don't think that's too likely

Unless Kishi forgets about these plot points, I think a couple more things are about to happen before the end of the series. We still have Guruguru running amok. The sage tools that Ten Ten wanted to use to seal Madara are still out there. Kaguya and Zetsu being sealed, rather than being killed, open the possibilities of a future return. Orochimaru, and his future ambitions.

But some of this stuff could also be part of the main plot in the upcoming Naruto The Last, movie.

Why should Naruto have to RUSH to be hokage at this point? The series most likely is not close to ending, and Naruto himself is still young. Kakashi would just be the better choice at the moment. He's older, more level headed, and more than skilled enough. Naruto still has his a ton of his life ahead of him. There is literally no legitimate reason why he absolutely HAS to be hokage right after the war. Kakashi would be the better choice right now, period.

I honestly forgot that Tsunade is still fine right now, but if for whatever reason she were to step down after the war, Kakashi would just be the better choice.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Why should Naruto have to RUSH to be hokage at this point? The series most likely is not close to ending, and Naruto himself is still young. Kakashi wold just be the better choice at the moment. He's older, more level headed, and more than skilled enough. Naruto still has his a ton of his life ahead of him. There is literally no legitimate reason why he absolutely HAS to be hokage right after the war. Kakashi would be the better choice right now, period.

I honestly forgot that Tsunade is still fine right now, but if for whatever reason she were to step down after the war, Kakashi would just be the better choice.

Yeah, Konoha is not the Sand village, where there are only like 3 competent ninjas.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Can't believe we are stuck in community while One Piece fans get to keep their thread on Off Topic >_>

Yobiqgw.gif

Khezu

Remind me again what those black rods that rinnegan users summoned were?

Are they some kind of weaker version of the goudamas?
They can be used as chakra mediums, and they seal people like the goudamas.

I remember one chapter Madara explained it that it was his "will", and he used it to "make" black Zetsu. However, it turns out it was really Kaguyas will.

Frog-fu

Banned
Why should Naruto have to RUSH to be hokage at this point? The series most likely is not close to ending, and Naruto himself is still young. Kakashi would just be the better choice at the moment. He's older, more level headed, and more than skilled enough. Naruto still has his a ton of his life ahead of him. There is literally no legitimate reason why he absolutely HAS to be hokage right after the war. Kakashi would be the better choice right now, period.

I never said Naruto has to rush into becoming Hokage. Tsunade doesn't have to step down any time soon. My point is that Naruto should not have to wait for Kakashi because there is no good reason for it.

You say Kakashi would be the better choice, yet you offer no compelling reason why.

If Naruto was as level-headed as you'd like him to be then he wouldn't be Naruto, and he probably wouldn't have saved as many lives as he had because those are the kind of risks level-headed characters wouldn't have taken, and in case you hadn't noticed, it's the "level-headed" characters that were in power who perpetuated the flawed shinobi system. The Danzo's and Tobirama's of the words approached their role as shinobi with ruthless pragmatism, and look where that got them?

Naruto is fine the way he is. Age, experience, or whatever platitude you may come up with next isn't likely to be relevant.

Naruto will always be silly, that's what makes his character charming, but he has grown a lot from the start of the series and when things get down he shows his maturity. He can easily be Hokage. The only defense for Kakashi becoming it is that he is more experienced but it's not like Naruto hasn't seen some shit bu now.

If Naruto doesn't become Hokage it will be because he turns it down (at least at first).

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I never said Naruto has to rush into becoming Hokage. Tsunade doesn't have to step down any time soon. My point is that Naruto should not have to wait for Kakashi because there is no good reason for it.

You say Kakashi would be the better choice, yet you offer no compelling reason why.

If Naruto was as level-headed as you'd like him to be then he wouldn't be Naruto, and he probably wouldn't have saved as many lives as he had because those are the kind of risks level-headed characters wouldn't have taken, and in case you hadn't noticed, it's the "level-headed" characters that were in power who perpetuated the flawed shinobi system. The Danzo's and Tobirama's of the words approached their role as shinobi with ruthless pragmatism, and look where that got them?

Naruto is fine the way he is. Age, experience, or whatever platitude you may come up with next isn't likely to be relevant.

mj-laughing.gif

Yes he would. He'd just be a more mature Naruto. He will probably always have his same core personality, but that doesn't mean him maturing a bit will somehow be out of character. Being a hokage isn't just about wanting to protect people and being powerful, it's also about management and politics, and being able to make the hard decisions. Not saying Naruto would be bad at each of those aspects, but Kakashi would probably be able to handle that type of stuff better than Naruto could at this point. If Tsunade does happen to stay hokage for a long time to the point where Naruto is aged a good deal, then Naruto being hokage right after would be more acceptable. If Tsunade chooses to step down anytime soon, then Kakashi would be better right now.

And level headdedness is not what made Tobirama and Danzo flawed. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Frog-fu

Banned
Yes he would. He'd just be a more mature Naruto. He will probably always have his same core personality, but that doesn't mean him maturing a bit will somehow be out of character. Being a hokage isn't just about wanting to protect people and being powerful, it's also about management and politics, and being able to make the hard decisions. Not saying Naruto would be bad at each of those aspects, but Kakashi would probably be able to handle that type of stuff better than Naruto could at this point. If Tsunade does happen to stay hokage for a long time to the point where Naruto is aged a good deal, then Naruto being hokage right after would be more acceptable. If Tsunade chooses to step down anytime soon, then Kakashi would be better right now.

And level headdedness is not what made Tobirama and Danzo flawed. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I agree Naruto should wait a couple of years. Why would Tsunade have step down before then, and why should Kakashi succeed her? I don't accept Kakashi is a better candidate and I don't accept that Naruto is not qualified to be Hokage. More than that, I don't like this last fucking minute changed that has Kakashi suddenly become the next Hokage even though readers have for years been waiting for Naruto to succeed Tsunade. It was even hinted at way back at the start of Part II when Konohamaru declared he would become the Seventh Hokage after Naruto had become the Sixth.

It genuinely angers me that there is a strong possibility Kakashi will become Sixth Hokage, and no matter what you or anyone else say, I will always hold it against Kishimoto and this manga if it happens. And that is saying something coming for me, as someone who has always given Kishimoto more credit and the benefit of the doubt more than most and perhaps more than he deserved at times. This is simply one of those things I can't and won't forgive.

Level-headed characters make sensible decisions. As the manga has so thoroughly shown us, those sensible decisions don't always end up being the best decisions in the long. Sometimes it better to empathise and decide on those feelings. That is the type of Hokage Naruto is going to be. He wouldn't necessarily do what is easy, but do what is right, even if others lack the courage, determination or the vision to do it, even if, should a similar situation to the Uchiha coup arrive, Naruto would likely succeed where the Third failed because of the kind of person he is, someone that will do right by everyone, someway, somehow. There is a reason Naruto's special kind of charisma keeps coming up and converting his enemies.

Erigu

Level-headed characters make sensible decisions. As the manga has so thoroughly shown us, those sensible decisions don't always end up being the best decisions in the long.
What are you thinking of, there?

Sometimes it better to empathise and decide on those feelings.
Well, it's not like you have to be either level-headed or empathetic...

There is a reason Naruto's special kind of charisma keeps coming up and converting his enemies.
That's not charisma, it's just his "main character" status.

Frog-fu

Banned
What are you thinking of, there?

Well, it's not like you have to be either level-headed or empathetic...

That's not charisma, it's just his "main character" status.

The Uchiha clan massacre. Hiruzen tried diplomacy and failed, and Danzō went behind his back to wipe out the entire clan.

They can be both, but the series has gone out of its way to make clear that Naruto is unique in this regard.

You can call it whatever you want, doesn't change the fact Naruto makes friends out of enemies.

Erigu

The Uchiha clan massacre.
Hardly sensible.

You can call it whatever you want, doesn't change the fact Naruto makes friends out of enemies.
"Sure, he's still a kid, but he's the main character and that allows him to somehow turn his enemies into friends and always win in the end, so no reason to wait: we should make him Hokage right now!"
I guess some people like it more when things make sense in the context of the story.
(And yes, experience matters quite a bit, for a leader.)

Frog-fu

Banned
Hardly sensible.

"Sure, he's still a kid, but he's the main character and that allows him to somehow turn his enemies into friends and always win in the end, so no reason to wait: we should make him Hokage right now!"
I guess some people like it more when things make sense in the context of the story.
(And yes, experience matters quite a bit, for a leader.)

It was at the time. Just not in the long run. Were it feasible, Hiruzen would have liked to quell the coup before it could even begin without spilling blood. It wasn't.

Hard to place much value in your criticism of Naruto's charisma when he happens to the transmigrant son of a god and the Child of Prophecy. In the context of the story - a story where such things supposedly make sense - it makes perfect sense.

Experience demonstrably doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things considering Gaara had become Kazekage at a younger age. In fact Gaara's and Tsunade's appointment to Kage, and Kakashi's appointment to jōnin team leader and Itachi's appointment to ANBU captain all seemed have little to do with experience and everything to do with skill and political motivations. Considering Naruto would have advisers to consult, being Hokage would mostly come down to good judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom