• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Tough thing about that is that wizards and bulls both have been digging themselves out of their holes. With wizards at least, you could probably split it between wall, Beal, and Otto Porter jr (seriously when did he get so good?), but Butler definitely should be a starter.

Wizards have impressed me with how they turned things around. Their starting five is worthy of a deep playoff run, possibly up to conference finals, their depth is just too painful

They're too inconsistent. Imo beal is their best player but hes a bit fragile and inconsistent. John Wall is also inconsistent. Don't have a ton of faith to take much of a run.

Sixers are 7-2 in their last 9, and Embiid has basically scored over 20 points in each of them. Then Ben Simmons is coming back very soon.

His defensive impact is just asinine. We should seriously consider him as DPOTY this year.

Just to quote a stat from Derek Bodner

daXJpo0.jpg

Just look at this bullshit. look at it

And oh yeah, Ben Simmons is coming pretty soon. And you guys just wait for Simmons. He is absolutely ridiculous, and unless this foot injury fucks him up hardcore, he's going to be great.

Nerlens Noel is a great backup plan in case Embiid does get injured. Sam Hinkie was a genius, trust the process

Just thought about it and now I'm 100% sure it's going to happen.

After seeing what the nets did with Tyler Johnson and crabbe, Noel is sure to get a major offer from the nets, probably for around 3 years. They played the restricted free agent game during the entire 2016 free agency

scoobs

Sixers are 7-2 in their last 9, and Embiid has basically scored over 20 points in each of them. Then Ben Simmons is coming back very soon.

His defensive impact is just asinine. We should seriously consider him as DPOTY this year.

daXJpo0.jpg

And oh yeah, Ben Simmons is coming pretty soon. And you guys just wait for Simmons. He is absolutely ridiculous, and unless this foot injury fucks him up hardcore, he's going to be great.

Nerlens Noel is a great backup plan in case Embiid does get injured. Sam Hinkie was a genius, trust the process
Process me the fuck up fam

TTG

I love you Kristen, but my god that make up is just pancaked on. Also, Embiid should start at center in the East.

Mory Dunz

Korver is getting ABUSED on defense. That's like 10 points specifically against him in like 3 minutes lol.

I don't even think he's doing much wrong outside the foul...

scoobs

I love you Kristen, but my god that make up is just pancaked on. Also, Embiid should start at center in the East.

What's the argument for anyone else to start over him at center at this point? Embiid minute restriction? He's the best center in the East already, it would be a crime if he didn't.

Cavs just look tired, its a long ass season and I feel like they've played 90% of their games on the road lately. Just one game, but they getting dumped on.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What's the argument for anyone else to start over him at center at this point? Embiid minute restriction? He's the best center in the East already, it would be a crime if he didn't.

Cavs just look tired, its a long ass season and I feel like they've played 90% of their games on the road lately. Just one game, but they getting dumped on.

I personally wouldn't want him to play for the sake of health.

TTG

Can we get.

Some advanced stats.

On the Livingston fadeaway.

I mean damn

It's been inconsistent this year, the Cavs are getting burned by him and Iggy and it's just bad luck. Besides that, his shot has to be one of the highest release points in the NBA regardless of position. I don't think he could physically stretch out any more if he tried, it's crazy.

daXJpo0.jpg

Damn, 76ers are finally coming up again. Thank god.

scoobs

I can't believe the sixers are in the upper half of that. Its been so long since they've been even marginally decent.

No center position, otherwise he would be a frontrunner

Last year they changed the designated center position to 3 front court players. A lineup like

1/2 - Lowry/DeRozan/IT/Wall
3-5 - LeBron/Giannis/Butler

Could pretty fairly get in over him

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Theres a reason I mentioned starting 5

0 way Beal is better than wall while wall is averaging double digit assists.

He turns the ball over quite a bit which is definitely a problem. I think when beal is right he's the better player. To be fair I do t get to watch wall night in and night out, I just like beaks game better, if only he could stay on the floor.

Pocks

wait, jefferson and Green got a tech? What did Green do for a tech?

And don't think that was flagrant....

I hope it wasn't arguing with Jefferson, because that'd be BS. But he did go toward the bench and mock a flop, which I think deserves a tech.

VeeP

Does anyone like Green outside of Golden State?

that being said, not a flagrant or a tech on him there.

I have friends who are Cavs & Laker fans, and they're favorite Warrior is Draymond. They love how hard he goes.

So to answer your question, yes.

Does anyone like Green outside of Golden State?

that being said, not a flagrant or a tech on him there.

Draymond regularly proves himself to be the most likable and best part of the Dubs, asides from maybe Javale.

I mean, watching from another pov, when he fucks up (like with the kicks) and doubles down, it's INCREDIBLY infuriating, but asides from that he and javale make it the most difficult for me to hate the dubs

Top Bottom