• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Bread

Banned
if they can get him without gutting their young assets it's a no brainer. I'd trade both Brooklyn picks for Butler. Butler/IT/Horford with Brown on the come up is a really good core for the next 2-4 years, especially if Cleveland ends up declining faster than people thought.
Avery and the 17 1st is as far as I'd like to go honestly. Giving up both picks is a big move.

jbug617

Banned
According to Woj, the Kings have been discussing a DeMarcus Cousins trade with teams this past weekend.

For a Butler trade, I think the Bulls would ask for Brown or Crowder, Smart or Rozier and at 17 Nets pick and probably the Boston pick in 18 (C's own the Nets pick also in 18).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
According to Woj, the Kings have been discussing a DeMarcus Cousins trade with teams this past weekend.

For a Butler trade, I think the Bulls would ask for Brown or Crowder, Smart or Rozier and at 17 Nets pick and probably the Boston pick in 18 (C's own the Nets pick also in 18).

It was Woj or Marc Stein I think who basically said Chicago wants a "godfather" deal. So basically everything you put in there would be that.

wtf Boston is going to get the #1 lottery position next year too? Fucking Nets, they're more awful than I thought.

Tom Penny

if they can get him without gutting their young assets it's a no brainer. I'd trade both Brooklyn picks for Butler. Butler/IT/Horford with Brown on the come up is a really good core for the next 2-4 years, especially if Cleveland ends up declining faster than people thought.
Lol no. What your saying is Jimmy Butler is worth the biggest haul in NBA history for one player. Also pelicans can't touch what the Celtics could offer. They taking 1st rounders in the 20's for Boogie lol

Mortemis

Banned
Lol no. What your saying is Jimmy Butler is worth biggest the biggest haul in NBA history for one player

Not really fair comparing a trade to the rest of NBA history. With the new CBA you'll rarely if ever see a star hit free agency. Only way to get proven star talent now is through trades. Not saying that trade would be good or not, just that trades are gonna get bigger.

If I were the celtics I'd definitely offer that haul to the kings before I do for Butler.

Tom Penny

Not really fair comparing a trade to the rest of NBA history. With the new CBA you'll rarely if ever see a star hit free agency. Only way to get proven star talent now is through trades.

If I were the celtics I'd definitely offer that haul to the kings before I do for Butler.
Name one player in history that netted to two 10 picks. It would be absolutely unprecedented for any player never mind not a top 5 player. It will never happen. Trades like that need to get you in GS Cavs levels. It's not even close.

Mortemis

Banned
Name one player in history that netted to two 10 picks. It would be absolutely unprecedented for any player never mind not s top 5 player. It will never happen.

How often has a playoff contender also had two top 5/10 picks in back to back years? Honestly don't know, but it feels like the celtics are in a unique position.

I'm not entirely convinced Boogie and AD can even play together.

I think they could. They both are PF/C, both of them have range, both of them are passing bigs, AD is a better rim protector, Boogie better offensively and for passing. I think it would work out.

It would also be a fun team to see in the 8th seed against the Warriors.

jbug617

Banned
The reason why Boogie talks are heating up
@WojVerticalNBA: Sources: Kings owner Vivek Ranadive's waffling on long-term commitment to Cousins has opened door to trade talks. He's gone back and forth.

I think they could. They both are PF/C, both of them have range, both of them are passing bigs, AD is a better rim protector, Boogie better offensively and for passing. I think it would work out.

It would also be a fun team to see in the 8th seed against the Warriors.

I mean more defensively. AD is much more agile but that just means he'll have to guard PFs which pulls him away from the rim, where he is also a lot better than Cousins. I think teams would just small ball them to death.

Mory Dunz

Russel Westbrook is quickly going from "yeah man, sticking to your guns, what a warrior" to "acting like a stereotypical teenage girl who got into it with a friend".

You can't say you don't care about something when you're trying this hard to avoid the person like dang.

Messi

Russel Westbrook is quickly going from "yeah man, sticking to your guns, what a warrior" to "acting like a stereotypical teenage girl who got into it with a friend".

You can't say you don't care about something when you're trying this hard to avoid the person like dang.

Didn't KD avoid him earlier?

Kinda sick of all this tbh.

Mory Dunz

KG is on something good

Didn't KD avoid him earlier?

Kinda sick of all this tbh.

yeah, I think. I guess.

Both are being dumb. I went after RW a bit there cause he's been getting so much praise through all of this.It's getting lame. It'll be entertaining for tonight depending on what happens. But after? nah

But you guys are grown men.
Grown men don't move to the other side of the room to avoid each other.

If you really don't care about someone, you warm up right next to each other and not give a eff. Sheesh.. Hence not caring. But doing all this stuff seems for show, and so people can tweet about it.

Plus the fashion week answers...eh

Oh so the rumors are just because Vivek is confused and still deciding whether or not he should trade Boogie. This happens every year now I guess. I expect the same around draft time.

untitled-27frjk.gif

Top Bottom