• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

Ripenen

I am sorry but this is effin disgraceful....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5P5BYwYAbc

There are no words really... no matter what happened this charade and drama is disgusting. This man would never survive in previous eras... its sad really.

I admire his skills but i absolutely despise his behavior. He is spoiled as fuck.

I dunno man getting an elbow right in the spine can be painful. I'm all for making fun of LeFlop but you're reaching here.

Also damn I didn't realize how tall Korver was until he was standing next to LeBron.

valkyre

I dunno man getting an elbow right in the spine can be painful. I'm all for making fun of LeFlop but you're reaching here.

Also damn I didn't realize how tall Korver was until he was standing next to LeBron.

I am sorry but that elbow (it wasnt right on the spine, more like shoulderblade area), whatever it did, it did not warrant this guy to stay lying on the court for more than one minute because he, supposedly, was in such grave pain... I mean ok, listen, the guy obviously wanted to tank the game. It was pretty obvious. You can even see him debating with himself for a few seconds after being hit whether he should tank it or not. He is not happy with how Cavs are playing and they were being humiliated by Spurs, so right there and then he simply said "fuck it, I'm out".

If it was a serious injury the guy would have dropped right ther eon the spot and he wouldnt be back up on his feet 1 minute later like its nothing.

I mean come on now.... at least walk it off and go to your bench, fuck off with the theatrics.

i have had my fair share of sports in my lifetime and still do, and that is absolutely ridiculous to watch.

Tim Duncan used to play world of Warcraft

Frye revealed that he and Duncan used to be in the same World of Warcraft guild. Frye’s character was named “Dookiedrawls.” They’d play at 3 or 4 a.m., and they’d marvel at Andrei Kirilenko’s characters. Frye said Kirilenko could have sold some of them for upwards of $100,000 each. “That game was a life-sucker,” Duncan said.

It's from Frye and Jeffersons podcast

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/t...vel-superhero-the-best-from-a-rare-interview/

TTG

There are no words really... no matter what happened this charade and drama is disgusting. This man would never survive in previous eras... its sad really.

I admire his skills but i absolutely despise his behavior. He is spoiled as fuck.

It's just Lebron being Lebron. To be fair, he used to save it for the playoffs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32eP0iqlPB8&feature=youtu.be

Servbot24

Banned
I'd like to take this moment to say that counting a Finals loss as a blemish on a player's legacy moreso than if they didn't make the Finals in a given year is absolute lunacy.

Cornbread78

Lebron has been in the number 2 spot 4 times in his career. Finals all 4 times.

lol regular season
cavs stopped trying, they'll still go 12-0 en route to the finals

Ding, ding ding...

The Cavs don't give a flying fu(k right now because they know that once they are at full strength, nobody in the East can beat them regardless....

I'm a huge Celts fan, but even I can admit that they are not a title contention team right now. I really hope I eat those words in the play-offs, but I'm a realist.......

Ronin Ray

I am sorry but that elbow (it wasnt right on the spine, more like shoulderblade area), whatever it did, it did not warrant this guy to stay lying on the court for more than one minute because he, supposedly, was in such grave pain... I mean ok, listen, the guy obviously wanted to tank the game. It was pretty obvious. You can even see him debating with himself for a few seconds after being hit whether he should tank it or not. He is not happy with how Cavs are playing and they were being humiliated by Spurs, so right there and then he simply said "fuck it, I'm out".

If it was a serious injury the guy would have dropped right ther eon the spot and he wouldnt be back up on his feet 1 minute later like its nothing.

I mean come on now.... at least walk it off and go to your bench, fuck off with the theatrics.

i have had my fair share of sports in my lifetime and still do, and that is absolutely ridiculous to watch.

When did skip Bayless start posting here ?

Servbot24

Banned
When did skip Bayless start posting here ?

Did you see how LeBron also went 0-3 from 3? Hmmm... the "greatest player in the world" going 0-3 from 3. Very interesting, you know I would have just figured the best player in the world would make his 3s. It's food for thought.

Fjordson

It's not unreasonable to think Cleveland will suddenly tighten up and make the finals, but I maintain it'll be a lot harder than the last few years.

This is Lebron's worst team in a decade going by results. And Cleveland's defense this year is easily the worst it's been in this Lebron era.

Servbot24

Banned
It's not unreasonable to think Cleveland will suddenly tighten up and make the finals, but I maintain it'll be a lot harder than the last few years.

This is Lebron's worst team in a decade going by results. And Cleveland's defense this year is easily the worst it's been in this Lebron era.

They'll make the Finals but they'll actually have to make an effort. Their big advantage against GSW (or Spurs) was that they were going to be rested and facing a beat-up team from the West

If I'm Coach Lue I'm absolutely tanking the rest of the regular season, team looks lost. Give guys some time off for some R&R, like rest them every game and not just a few ones, and then come back new in the playoffs.

They need rythm more than rest

Don't know man, I think they need to lighten up and not play pressured by being favorites. Team is flat out not very good right now and honestly haven't been all season long, it's not like that stretch where the Warriors sucked and it was easy to see they were just cold from the field. Not so sure there's a switch the Cavs can turn.

Just realized a 1st seed would be nice because it would basically guarantee a COTY win for President Stevens. He absolutely deserves it.

Rockets are still gonna have a better record than them, will have recovered from a worse season before the season started, didn't add a previous all star player, and were predicted to do worse before the season

Maybe I'm getting greedy about all the awards though

Fjordson

Someone really should have let Lebron know that this season was about rest / cruise control. He's back to playing as many minutes per game as he did in the Miami era.

Rockets are still gonna have a better record than them, will have recovered from a worse season before the season started, didn't add a previous all star player, and were predicted to do worse before the season

Maybe I'm getting greedy about all the awards though

If the Celtics end up with the 1st overall seed in the East it's tough to justify not giving it to Stevens. The perception of the level of talent in the Celtics really help, they don't have a James Harden kind of guy being possibly the best player in the league. IT is a fantastic scorer but come on, he's no Harden. They have a bunch of good players that fit perfectly into a great scheme playing great team ball. I'm a huge D'Antoni fan, but Stevens is just due for one of these things (Pringles has already won one).

That will definitely look good on his resume for when he applies for the Duke job in 3 months.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never break me.

:(

Ripenen

Someone really should have let Lebron know that this season was about rest / cruise control. He's back to playing as many minutes per game as he did in the Miami era.

Depends on your definition of "playing". Some have accused him of putting forth less than 100% effort even when on the court.

Personally I lay all the blame on Kyrie's inconsistency. LeBron's work ethic and drive are beyond reproach.

Fjordson

Depends on your definition of "playing". Some have accused him of putting forth less than 100% effort even when on the court.
Hogwash imo.

26 ppg, career highs in rebounds and assists, 54% from the field, over 37 minutes a game. Lebron and the Cavs have tried plenty. They're just not as good this year.

Personally I lay all the blame on Kyrie's inconsistency. LeBron's work ethic and drive are beyond reproach.

Anybody who is saying that is a legit moron. He's in his 14th year, coming off a 6th straight deep Finals playoff run, and putting up basically his career line with almost no sign of drop off. LeBron's '16-17 season is one of the most unprecedented and remarkable in NBA history.

Cornbread78

If the Celtics end up with the 1st overall seed in the East it's tough to justify not giving it to Stevens. The perception of the level of talent in the Celtics really help, they don't have a James Harden kind of guy being possibly the best player in the league. IT is a fantastic scorer but come on, he's no Harden. They have a bunch of good players that fit perfectly into a great scheme playing great team ball. I'm a huge D'Antoni fan, but Stevens is just due for one of these things (Pringles has already won one).

This will be the downfall of the Celts in the play-offs this season as well unless Bradley, Brown and/or Horford really step up their game when it comes to scoring.

It will get double teamed and harassed every time he touches the ball in the play-offs and someone else need to shoulder the load. The Celts DO NOT have that player right not that
a) can take over a game like Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, Harden
b) do not have a scoring tandem of players to handle a bulk of the scoring

This will be their downfall in the play-offs regardless of how annoyingly good and fun they are to watch play defense and team ball.

Servbot24

Banned
Anybody who is saying that is a legit moron. He's in his 14th year, coming off a 6th straight deep Finals playoff run, and putting up basically his career line with almost no sign of drop off. LeBron's '16-17 season is one of the most unprecedented and remarkable in NBA history.

LeBron definitely coasts on defense at times

TTG

Lebron is going to be in his 7th straight finals. Of course, the toughest competition over those 7 years were the Lance Stevenson and Roy Hibbert Pacers(
and Paul George, I know
), but it's still impressive. So many seasons without a misfire.

I watched most of the game last night and they just played like shit, I couldn't really analyze it much past that. I know Ty Lue is supposed to be alright, but he's the guy AI stepped over and he seems to be unable to close his mouth. Literally, he always has this open mouthed stupid look on his face. How about that for analytics? Close your mouth, don't let Lebron play 37 minutes a game.

Fjordson

God the Warriors could be out of the one seed by Thursday morning. Need to win tonight.

The difference between the 1 and the 2 in the West this year is huge imo. Portland in the first round then the mediocre Clippers or banged up Jazz vs. Memphis in the first round and then the Rockets.

OldMan

Banned
Lebron is going to be in his 7th straight finals. Of course, the toughest competition over those 7 years were the Lance Stevenson and Roy Hibbert Pacers(
and Paul George, I know

I watched most of the game last night and they just played like shit, I couldn't really analyze it much past that. I know Ty Lue is supposed to be alright, but he's the guy AI stepped over and he seems to be unable to close his mouth. Literally, he always has this open mouthed stupid look on his face. How about that for analytics? Close your mouth, don't let Lebron play 37 minutes a game.
Kyrie was dribbling into defenses, and falling over himself and the rest of the team was watching LeBron.

This will be the downfall of the Celts in the play-offs this season as well unless Bradley, Brown and/or Horford really step up their game when it comes to scoring.

It will get double teamed and harassed every time he touches the ball in the play-offs and someone else need to shoulder the load. The Celts DO NOT have that player right not that
a) can take over a game like Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, Harden
b) do not have a scoring tandem of players to handle a bulk of the scoring

This will be their downfall in the play-offs regardless of how annoyingly good and fun they are to watch play defense and team ball.

Absolutely, the Celtics aren't getting far unless these guys step up big time. It's really hard to win in the playoffs when your most reliable scoring option is a short guard, and I expect teams to play IT really hard. That being said, the Celtics do have a bunch of guys that could contribute, they have a lot of options which is also hard to defend. I don't think they will reach the Finals, but maybe a trip to the ECF? That's legit possible especially if Horford steps up.

The biggest hole they have IMO is a second great big guy. If they could have upgraded even slightly from Amir's rotting corpse I'd be feeling a lot more confident. Oh well, maybe Danny didn't think this will matter much.

TTG

I'm really looking forward to tonight's GSW/Rockets game. GSW have been on a roll... against sub par competition.

and Paul George, I know

Remember when lebron wasn't such a big topic of conversation?

Oh god what is happening.

I wonder if the cavs have become too comfortable. They need a crazy JR game or something to get them back on track.

Also, big 3 celtics? Peak rondo plus an effective big 3?

God the Warriors could be out of the one seed by Thursday morning. Need to win tonight.

The difference between the 1 and the 2 in the West this year is huge imo. Portland in the first round then the mediocre Clippers or banged up Jazz vs. Memphis in the first round and then the Rockets.

Tbf, it also means a fairer WCF, because in confident in a spurs clippers series being exhausting for that winner too

I'm really looking forward to tonight's GSW/Rockets game. GSW have been on a roll... against sub par competition.

Gonna pre-John for about and warn you that Anderson is out and harden has had a sore wrist since Denver, although he said he'll play tonight.

About Ryno though, that might be a good thing.

rkX1FEX.jpg

I0TJqka.jpg

WZw15JD.jpg

KGsUZpp.jpg

F4SzaGU.jpg

3roeso7.jpg

oZPr6AA.jpg

It's so bizarre. At least we play on the road more against the spurs and dubs

Jacce

Banned
Did you see how LeBron also went 0-3 from 3? Hmmm... the "greatest player in the world" going 0-3 from 3. Very interesting, you know I would have just figured the best player in the world would make his 3s. It's food for thought.
Steve Kerr shot the 3 ball better than MJ back on those Bulls team. Steve Kerr is the greatest player of all time.

Top Bottom