• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blazers look like they gave up now... No energy to start the 3rd.

I think they tryna lull the Warriors to sleep so they can stage the biggest comeback of all time (not really)!!!

Lol it's silly how good this Warriors team is. Finals might be underwhelming as hell.

I mean we've seen how they can go cold for a stretch of games. It's hard to see all 4 of them manage to completely shit the bed for 4 games though.

Steph's shots look so much better tonight.

cHaotix8

I mean we've seen how they can go cold for a stretch of games. It's hard to see all 4 of them manage to completely shit the bed for 4 games though.

Steph's shots look so much better tonight.

Their ball movement and defense is so good that they are still better than most teams anyway when 2/4 aren't shooting well. Things really seem to be clicking for them well since KD went out and they haven't skipped a beat upon his return. This might be peak basketball we're experiencing right now.

ViciousDS

Banned
Is/was there a team that's as good as the warriors are offensively, when they're on?

95-96 Bulls are offensively rated the exact same

Mind you jordon was one of the only players I could see set a playoff points, shoot nothing from deep, still chuck 41 shots and shoot 53%

I can't imagine how godlike Jordon with that team would be when they could run other defenses besides man to man and they would just abuse teams

Overall their the only team in history that could rival the warriors with defense

jdstorm

Banned
Lol it's silly how good this Warriors team is. Finals might be underwhelming as hell.

Thing is there is a cheat way to beat GSW that no one has tried yet. Foul them almost every possesion. If the Warriors shoot 2fts every possesion they aren't getting 3s, and 1s or Offensive rebounds. This limits them to 1 shot a posession and only a maximum of 2 points a possesion.

The opposition could then out rebound the Warriors, take a significantly higher number of shots and make 3s to even the odds.

This would make the series so unwatchable that the NBA would have to make rules against the current prevelance of the 3pt shot which woul make the game much more interesting (and less in the Warriors favor)

Thing is there is a cheat way to beat GSW that no one has tried yet. Foul them almost every possesion. If the Warriors shoot 2fts every possesion they aren't getting 3s, and 1s or Offensive rebounds. This limits them to 1 shot a posession and only a maximum of 2 points a possesion.

The opposition could then out rebound the Warriors, take a significantly higher number of shots and make 3s to even the odds.

This would make the series so unwatchable that the NBA would have to make rules against the current prevelance of the 3pt shot which woul make the game much more interesting (and less in the Warriors favor)

This sounds great.... Until the other team has run out of active players since they have all fouled out before the 1st half is over.

Dynomutt

Mind you jordon was one of the only players I could see set a playoff points, shoot nothing from deep, still chuck 41 shots and shoot 53%

I can't imagine how godlike Jordon with that team would be when they could run other defenses besides man to man and they would just abuse teams

Overall their the only team in history that could rival the warriors with defense

SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT TO ADD!!!!

Remember pre 04-05 you could hand check. You could literally place you hand and check space on the opposing players arm and or hand. It was even more prevalent in the 90's and was a big way defenders would try to mark Jordan and angle him off or guide him into a trap. Imagine Jordan in an NBA today when this is considered a foul. It would be a wrap...

Edit: A dude who one season averaged 35 points per game he might of averaged 45-50 in todays NBA.

That wouldn't make the NBA more interesting. The NBA definitely needs to get rid of the amount of guards pulling up for 3 creating contact themselves and getting a foul. That needs to be called as an offensive foul.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Cmon son

Damn, you gotta stop smoking.

ViciousDS

Banned
SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT TO ADD!!!!

Remember pre 04-05 you could hand check. You could literally place you hand and check space on the opposing players arm and or hand. It was even more prevalent in the 90's and was a big way defenders would try to mark Jordan and angle him off or guide him into a trap. Imagine Jordan in an NBA today when this is considered a foul. It would be a wrap...

My god......you can't stop that

No fucking way

Marz

If it's Cavs-Warriors again LeBron is going to slow the games down and make it ugly again. He knows that's what he has to do to beat that team. Only problem is the Warriors might have too many weapons this year so it might not matter.

Curry just tried a left right handoff, and got called for it... IT better watch out tomorrow, they keeping an eye out for it.

NBA JAM HE'S ON FIRE!!!

Tall4Life

Good lord, looking at the scores by quarter, the Warriors basically annihilated the Blazers in the 1st and then just maintained their lead for the others. That quarter alone destroyed portland

If it's Cavs-Warriors again LeBron is going to slow the games down and make it ugly again. He knows that's what he has to do to beat that team. Only problem is the Warriors might have too many weapons this year so it might not matter.

Thompson is the main guy to limit
McGee might finally be good enough to limit him thus not giving Thompson like 10-20 rebounds

You just have to limit the switching, let LeBron beat you by 3's instead of making Steph switch onto him

dakun

i mean even if i was a Portland fan in that stadium, you gotta be somewhat happy to see such an awesome team playing at their best live.
In 10 years you can say you saw KD, Steph and Klay destroy your team as proudly as people who can claim they saw Jordan, Pippen and Rodman live.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
So yeah, this is Steph's team and they are at their best when the ball is in his hand. I think they understand this now.

Surfinn

Interesting post, thanks for the info.

I know it's kind of subjective but I mean when the warriors are on, you have so many players who can hit the three which seems to be what it's all about now. Like you have curry, Thomson, and KD who can hit threes from almost ten feet behind the line (not to mention all the other players who are capable of just hitting threes in general). The consistency and range is just insane, not sure if I've ever seen a team that's so dangerous behind the line, in the sense that they could just pull up and fire off a shot before the defense can even register that the shot is being attempted. Mix that with their incredible ball movement.. Damn so unpredictable

There's that Curry layup though.

jk, that one wasn't "blown". Was makeable though.
Curry is far and away the best player in making layups, he's looked like a scrub missing some of them once PS hit. He's 2nd only behind Bron who dunks around the rim.

I know it's kind of subjective but I mean when the warriors are on, you have so many players who can hit the three which seems to be what it's all about now. Like you have curry, Thomson, and KD who can hit threes from almost ten feet behind the line (not to mention all the other players who are capable of just hitting threes in general). The consistency and range is just insane, not sure if I've ever seen a team that's so dangerous behind the line, in the sense that they could just pull up and fire off a shot before the defense can even register that the shot is being attempted. Mix that with their incredible ball movement.. Damn so unpredictable
KD shouldn't be hitting 3s bruh.. like maybe 2-3 3PA and that's it. He needs to stick to mid range and driving.

Fjordson

Before KD was injured they had the third best offensive rating of all time IIRC. Definitely one of the best scoring teams we've ever seen.

jdstorm

Banned
This sounds great.... Until the other team has run out of active players since they have all fouled out before the 1st half is over.

Except thats why you do the math. Each team has 13 active players. You need 5 players on the floor to complete the game. That means teams would have 73 fouls to give. Assuming you slow the game down and limit possesions. That gives you roughly 6 fouls every 4 minutes or 1 foul every 40 secconds. Assuming the fouling team managed to use on average 30s a possesion. (Full 24s + 25% offensive rebound rate) they would only need to hold GSW to on average 10s an offensive possesion before fouling to achieve this. However by stacking your team with rebounders you could increase your ORB% to >25% that number reduces. While getting extra shots and reducing the time needed to play defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom