• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

Patch out on PS4!

Also, in regards to the video bitching I did above, it seems like for every 3 games you sim, you lose a fifth of your progress towards your next attribute. Tested it again just now and that seems to be the case.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k16-patch-update-v2-notes/10153131087472267

Hello all,
The NBA 2K16 Patch Update v2 has been approved by Sony and was just released on the PlayStation 4 in US and Europe. It is still with approval at Microsoft, hopeful that it’ll be released in coming week. The notes are below.

We are currently working hard on our usual Patch Update v3 that will be larger in scope. We wanted to release this update to address ProAM concerns as quickly as possible. Thanks!

GENERAL
- Resolved a rare case where the game would hang when entering/exiting the Tattoo editor when customizing the tattoos on your MyPLAYER.
- Addressed an issue on the main menu where the title would freeze for a period of time before proceeding to the selected action (e.g. loading a MyCAREER save).
- Tuned player sweat so that its effects are much more visible when playing longer quarter lengths.
- Players will no longer slide/skate when pressing the block button during an inbound state. It was funny while it lasted.
- Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters.
- Resolved a case where certain players (e.g. Kristaps Porzingis) would have their hairstyle change slightly when zooming in the camera very close in replay.

MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
- Pro-Am Team Play has been added to the game! You can now play as a full team in your custom-built arenas.
- Addressed a number of matchmaking issues that inhibited users from playing in Pro-Am Walk-On games.
- Fixed an issue where your player would sometimes appear with the incorrect height (if you had more than one MyCAREER save file) when entering MyPARK/Pro-Am from within MyCAREER.
- Fixed a rare case where the ball would get stuck in the High Roller courts, thus preventing a game from concluding.
- Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
- Improved the animation of the skateboard in MyPARK. If you don’t have this, get it. You can move between courts faster than those that are on-foot.
- 2K Beats will now continue to play after finishing a game in MyPARK.

MyCAREER/MyCOURT
- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join their friends’ MyCOURTs.
- Fixed an issue where the host user was unable to send MyCOURT invites after leaving MyPARK/Pro-Am with a squad.
- Addressed a number of issues with Accolades not unlocking at the appropriate time within MyCAREER.
- Pressing the back button will no longer cause the game to hang from the MyCAREER NEXT menu after being eliminated from the playoffs.

MyGM/MyLEAGUE
- Numerous tuning and code enhancements to improve simulated player stats.
- Playoff games (within a series) can no longer be played out of order in MyLEAGUE Online.
- Found and fixed a case where visiting certain submenus with no head coach would cause the game to hang.
- Fans of relocated/rebranded teams will no longer hold up signs referencing the previous identity of the team.
- Fixed a rare hang that could occur when the ticker referenced a previous game result where all of the players on the team have since been traded.
- Selecting to load a custom draft class will no longer cause a game hang in the MyGM offseason if you had previously been fired during that same offseason.

NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.

I am documenting our first pro-AM experience post-patch:

About to try one with Pete and Zep, and the game got started almost instantly

"Preparing to start game" popped up after 5 seconds...
15 seconds later it now it says "Waiting for game to finish" lol

After about 45 seconds we showed up on a court!!!

Now we're playing, oh wait...

"Waiting for game to finish" as we watch our AI play each other. Nobody is actually playing though rofl
can't even exit out
there's an invisible player lmao

This was attempt #1. Attempt #2 about to take place

We just made it to a matchmaking screen, and ten seconds later...

Holy shit. I'm seeing a screen I've never seen. Team matchup screen??
We're about to play a game on our own court as it loads?

holy shit. there's qame with a CROWD???
we're playing on a court with weed in the middle!!!!

Additionally, if you play with AI, they're rated 70. So while they're not world beaters you can throw them the ball and they'll make a layup or an open shot and not get in the way

So nothing about how I can't get into my game? I'm not sure if Sony revoked my license yet but I'll give it a try when I get home.

Yeah I don't know what the deal with your situation is, but that really sucks

this court is a foul

I'm colorblind. this game is driving my eyes crazy, but I'll take it

12087276_10106765895093870_965620398000616642_o.jpg

12132412_10106765895098860_2512575525183221097_o.jpg

CD'S BAR

What is the problem in match making? Not being able to back out in game?

yes exactly that. and that in my experience 95% of the time you get matched with a tier 1 team, regardless of which tier you pick. Actually make that 100% of the time. I've literally not been matched with a single non-tier 1 team, despite always picking tier 2 or tier 3.

Besides that the game is great.

Anyone interested in a PS4 sim league? I'm shocked there isn't one on GAF to begin with.

Yes, let me ask around and talk to my various circles and we'll get one started. I may pull some others from out of GAF, but hopefully we can get a community working so that communication is still easy.

1. Don't be a dick. 2. It's their opinion, that's what they think. Could be wrong, could be right. 3. I avoid playing possible broken, thus I haven't yet played it.

Hmmm, good to hear. Thanks.

I wasn't being a dick but showing you how ridiculous you sound about a game you haven't tried yet but are so willing to cast aside because of small negative opinions then casting them over the entire game.

You could of at least tried to make it seem like you paid attention to the overwhelming positive opinions on this game but you kind of didn't. If you have a PC, I'm sorry ,but the game is definitely not broken....just saying

Smokey

yes exactly that. and that in my experience 95% of the time you get matched with a tier 1 team, regardless of which tier you pick. Actually make that 100% of the time. I've literally not been matched with a single non-tier 1 team, despite always picking tier 2 or tier 3.

Besides that the game is great.

You can't really fix the tier thing. Sports games online people are going to use the better teams no matter what sport game you're playing.

CD'S BAR

You can't really fix the tier thing. Sports games online people are going to use the better teams no matter what sport game you're playing.

True, but I thought that was the whole point of the tiers. I mean, they have it search for people that are your same ranking, and since they already have the teams divided into tiers couldn't they have it so it matches you to other teams in those tiers as well? There's got to be some people using them, even though the majority yeah are going to be using the top teams.

But yeah I'm perfectly fine if they just leave it the way it is, just let us back out like in previous years!

Coppanuva

True, but I thought that was the whole point of the tiers. I mean, they have it search for people that are your same ranking, and since they already have the teams divided into tiers couldn't they have it so it matches you to other teams in those tiers as well? There's got to be some people using them, even though the majority yeah are going to be using the top teams.

But yeah I'm perfectly fine if they just leave it the way it is, just let us back out like in previous years!

Yeah I think a match option for same tier, +/-1, or all would have been a good idea. Oh well, at least the Mavs are solid as a Tier 2 I guess.

Smokey

The point of the tier system is to reward people who play with lower tier teams when they win against higher tier teams. Defeat team one tier higher than you and you get credit for 2 wins. Two tiers, three. It was never designed to match you with similar teams. It's standard matchmaking with a wrinkle reward system to try and get people to use non power teams.

abuC

Yes, let me ask around and talk to my various circles and we'll get one started. I may pull some others from out of GAF, but hopefully we can get a community working so that communication is still easy.

Cool, a fantasy draft since nobody wants to get stuck with the worst teams and there being no draft or player development it makes for a more competitive league.

Cool, a fantasy draft since nobody wants to get stuck with the worst teams and there being no draft or player development it makes for a more competitive league.

I agree, but a certain SOMEBODY WHO I KNOW WILL BE READING THIS POST EVENTUALLY is completely against the idea, I'll see who I can garner first

abuC

I agree, but a certain SOMEBODY WHO I KNOW WILL BE READING THIS POST EVENTUALLY is completely against the idea, I'll see who I can garner first

Can't see why anyone would object to a fantasy draft. Also, they fixed Pro-am and as a center is pretty fun when the other team is all guards and forwards, they just keep throwing me the ball in the paint and it's an auto 2 pts lol.

Can't see why anyone would object to a fantasy draft. Also, they fixed Pro-am and as a center is pretty fun when the other team is all guards and forwards, they just keep throwing me the ball in the paint and it's an auto 2 pts lol.

add me on PSN, york887, we are always playing
got 5 ATM though

Korezo

That was pretty fun, I'll have to use a mic next time, how did you guys get your players into the 90s?

You play mycareer and spend your off days on training, every 5 training days you gain a new attribute point. Thats hiw you get to 99.

That was pretty fun, I'll have to use a mic next time, how did you guys get your players into the 90s?

vc-money.jpg

lol but that was just to get our guys to 88. After that I did the MyCareer mode a lot, and my guy actually should be a 99 but the game nerfed him to a 91 or some shit like that. what I did was at first, play your myCareer enough to the point where you're a 38/39 MPG kind of player...and then I started playing the games that would have multiple off days after so that I could get my next attribute point quicker. It got to the point where I'm actually in the playoffs in my fifth season...I did my grinding in the first two seasons, and then in the 3rd/4th seasons I basically simmed most of the year except for the long off-day stretches. I have simmed the entire 5th season because virtual Pat Riley has done an absolutely shitty job surrounding me with talent and I want to get out and join lebron on the lakers!
never

also, in the 3rd and 4th seasons, i stopped giving a fuck about playing my games and I would just foul out intentionally lol. a completely shameful thing to do but I don't really care because I spend most of my time in pro-AM and park anyways

and it was great playing with you, you and the other big man were playing off each other really well and we were killing the circuit. I think the wheels just fell off slightly in that last game (we should have won anyways) cause I was personally so damn tired at that point

Sami+

Man this game has a steep steep learning curve. I still don't really "get" defense. There's an arrow pointing from my guy to the dude on the other team - so I assume I'm supposed to guard him. But then what? Do I just stand near and hold L2, and wave the right stick around? Or do I go for the dude with the ball? When I do I don't understand how I'm supposed to steal the ball. One time I accidentally grabbed it and we both held it, then there was a foul and my team got it. I don't really understand what happened or how I did it lol

Man this game has a steep steep learning curve. I still don't really "get" defense. There's an arrow pointing from my guy to the dude on the other team - so I assume I'm supposed to guard him. But then what? Do I just stand near and hold L2, and wave the right stick around? Or do I go for the dude with the ball? When I do I don't understand how I'm supposed to steal the ball. One time I accidentally grabbed it and we both held it, then there was a foul and my team got it. I don't really understand what happened or how I did it lol

Yeah that arrow is who you're supposed to guard. As for defense, you don't necessarily need to hold L2. You'll need to know who you're going up against. A jump shooter? Play close. Someone that can't shoot, you can keep a little distance to cut off the lane to the hoop. Steals aren't like the old games where you could just keep spamming it. It's an opportunity thing. Mostly when someone is executing a dribble move or about to try to go for a dunk, layup, pump fake. Other than that, you gotta pretend like you're really playing basketball for defense.

Sami+

Yeah that arrow is who you're supposed to guard. As for defense, you don't necessarily need to hold L2. You'll need to know who you're going up against. A jump shooter? Play close. Someone that can't shoot, you can keep a little distance to cut off the lane to the hoop. Steals aren't like the old games where you could just keep spamming it. It's an opportunity thing. Mostly when someone is executing a dribble move or about to try to go for a dunk, layup, pump fake. Other than that, you gotta pretend like you're really playing basketball for defense.

I have no idea what a layup or pump fake are though is there a beginners guide for this stuff

Malygos

Haven't played this in a bit, have they fixed the replay system on PC yet? I don't really know why but watching the replays is one of my favourite parts of this game lol.

Coppanuva

I have no idea what a layup or pump fake are though is there a beginners guide for this stuff

Not sure if there's one, but for those 2:

Layup: A close shot where you shoot from pretty much under the rim and bank it off the board. Often this is a driving one (you run to the hoop and shoot as you cross under it, pretty much 'laying' it in the hoop).

Pump Fake: A fake shot. A player pumps and gets in the beginning phases of the shot, but stops before they leave the ground (in-game this is done by tapping shoot really quickly and letting go). This is used to throw off defenders and make them block you, then you shoot in the split-second after.

abuC

You play mycareer and spend your off days on training, every 5 training days you gain a new attribute point. Thats hiw you get to 99.

Ah thanks, I actually stopped practicing once I got to 88 cause I thought that was it lol.

vc-money.jpg

lol but that was just to get our guys to 88. After that I did the MyCareer mode a lot, and my guy actually should be a 99 but the game nerfed him to a 91 or some shit like that. what I did was at first, play your myCareer enough to the point where you're a 38/39 MPG kind of player...and then I started playing the games that would have multiple off days after so that I could get my next attribute point quicker. It got to the point where I'm actually in the playoffs in my fifth season...I did my grinding in the first two seasons, and then in the 3rd/4th seasons I basically simmed most of the year except for the long off-day stretches. I have simmed the entire 5th season because virtual Pat Riley has done an absolutely shitty job surrounding me with talent and I want to get out and join lebron on the lakers!
never

also, in the 3rd and 4th seasons, i stopped giving a fuck about playing my games and I would just foul out intentionally lol. a completely shameful thing to do but I don't really care because I spend most of my time in pro-AM and park anyways

and it was great playing with you, you and the other big man were playing off each other really well and we were killing the circuit. I think the wheels just fell off slightly in that last game (we should have won anyways) cause I was personally so damn tired at that point

That makes sense, I guess I'll start practicing again, I need my guy to get better.

It wasn't your fault we lost, can't win em all, and I kept collapsing on drives when I should have stayed at home on the shooter. I'm not used to guarding SGs and always track back to the paint, so I'll have to work on staying on them when I get that matchup.

charsace

Jamal Crawford's size up moves are broken. They drop players at a higher rate. I have been seeing it way more in Park because of this.

Smokey

Made it to the top :

feelsgoodman

got a couple of wins as the bulls in the HOF league. Got to my last game. Win and I move up. Played against OKC. Was leading the entire game. DRose at the FT line for 2 shots. I fucking miss one, now up by 3. KD gets the ball and makes a 3 at the buzzer. We eventually go into double OT and I lose. Progress reset and now I have to win 8/10 again to move up.

I was so enraged I went 8-0 in that next set of games with no fucks given.

I did win 3 games as a tier 2 team during the run that ended with KD. Got credit for 2 wins for each W since I was mainly playing the Cavs or historic teams. For those that were complaining see the tier system does work. You just have to win against those higher tiered teams :p

abuC

I did win 3 games as a tier 2 team during the run that ended with KD. Got credit for 2 wins for each W since I was mainly playing the Cavs or historic teams. For those that were complaining see the tier system does work. You just have to win against those higher tiered teams :p

Try using the Kings or Magic vs those teams :p

abuC

LOL that was funny as hell.

I think I'm going to make a 3-D PF, kind of like AK-47 or Draymond Green. The two center lineup works when the other team doesn't start a SG/SF at PF, my guy turns like a tank and they just zig zag until they get open. That way Zep can have more space on the post and I can defend wings a bit better.

Top Bottom