• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K6 (360) league interest and other stuff...

Cloudy

Banned
- Should we do a flex schedule from jump?
- Are you fine with current settings?
- Any other thoughts?

Also, what team do you want? (Lakers for me :p). If there is a dispute over teams, the guy with the worse season 1 record gets the team. Current players have dibs over any new guys.

PS: DEFENSIVE STANCE IS BACK, KIDS!!!

Fifty

I also think it's too early but if I did decide on getting this game (will get one nba game and play the heck out of it, just not sure which yet) and it had all the league features of the current gen game, of course I'd join. I might not use the Raptors though.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm like Fifty, I'll be getting one of the bball games after reading impressions and reviews. But if I get 2k then I'm definitely down for a league.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Not sure if I'll be sigining up for a league again. Being obligated to play games even when you don't feel like it kind of takes the fun out of it for me :|. I'll think about it though, and I'm definitely getting 2k6 for 360.

Fifty

Oh man good thing you weren't in season 1 of madden :lol This NBA league has been about as strict as a hedonistic beach party as far as playing your games quickly goes.

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Actually, it's not so much the frequency. You're right, the current schedule is actually very flexible. It's just the fact that I'm obligated to play instead of playing for fun. Just adding the dimension of responsibility takes a little something out of it for me.

It's also kind of annoying when you schedule a time to play and the other guy doesn't show up and you're not sure how long you're supposed to wait around for them. Or if a game is due and you can't get a hold of the guy. I know it's how all leagues work and this stuff is very normal, I'm just not personally used to it. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Cloudy

Banned
Dsal, you're only obligated to play the current week before the deadline. If you'd rather not play ahead, you don't have to :p

Fifty

I stumbled upon these cool comparison pictures. I've been wanting to see something like this.

36px.jpg

52rh.jpg

There's something awful about Wade's face. My theory? It's because he's the Live cover star....they're turning him into Mr Clayface for that reason

Fifty

Getting nervous that no one else is interested, Jobber? *looks around*

Where'd everyone go? Guys......Guys!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
hmm some people are GELL-IS

If a online season doesn't happen that'll leave me more time to play a offline franchise mode!

You know you can do that on Live......OH WAIT

jobber

This game a whooooooooole lot better than the Xbox version

REAL TALK

jobber

well sir

the CPU is alot smarter..also alot dumber. It stole the ball when I was trying to spin. I also scored 50 with Bruce Bowen and got a triple double with Manu with 12 points, 11 dimes, and 10 steals. CPU finds your main scorer and presses up on the more.

Stealing is easier

Shooting 3's is easier

1-3-1 is broken again :(

Haven't played a online game yet since last time I looked it was 4 people online :\

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
laff out loud.

:lol

I scored 86 points one game using Kareem Rush against Fifty online :lol

Matrix

"Shooting 3's is easier"

what? are you kidding me? :lol

Please tell me you were playing on rookie level.

Ramirez

why are you in the thread?

I thought maybe you and Konex were getting tired of talking to each other =\

And for the record,if stealing AND shooting 3's is easier,they were already easy as shit,then the game is truly a VC masterpiece.I love playing friends and they just wildly go around tapping the steal button and it works 80% of the time,good times...

jobber

I figured out why it was so easy to do shit. The default settings were on Superstar not HOF which I'm used to playing. My last game, I beat the Bulls by 50 (Manu scored 41). I also like the way the CPU doesn't take out my starters in blowouts till 2 minutes left in the game. (It's sliders for it, but I haven't messed with them yet)

Matrix

Man I really wish I could find out how this game looks on a standard 27 inch sony wega using component cables and 16:9 enhanced mode on.

I might sign up for a free trail gamefly account once i get my 360 just to see this port for my own eyes.

jobber

Matrix said:
Man I really wish I could find out how this game looks on a standard 27 inch sony wega using component cables and 16:9 enhanced mode on.

I might sign up for a free trail gamefly account once i get my 360 just to see this port for my own eyes.

everyone GLOWS

jobber

I just had my first online game vs. a Kobe hack

At the end of 1 He was up 18-1...yes 18-1

I won 78-43 ;) and no 1-3-1 was needed

Bebpo

Banned
I'd be interested in joining a league if you made one. Note that I haven't played a NBA 2k game in years and I don't really follow real life basketball, so I might be pretty bad.

Matrix

My bro might buy this game now that hes heard Live sucks ass,he wants his ball fix and is pissed I traded in the old xbox version :(

No matter what I do I cant escape VC.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So as far as features are concerned, does this game have everything that the Xbox version does??
I might be inclined to go get this now. After playing the bare bones Madden and the absolute garbage that is NBA Live I do feel that I need a sports game for my 360.

jobber

Truelize said:
So as far as features are concerned, does this game have everything that the Xbox version does??
I might be inclined to go get this now. After playing the bare bones Madden and the absolute garbage that is NBA Live I do feel that I need a sports game for my 360.

It has everything the Xbox version does minus the Powerbar banner on the leaderboard.

Fifty

So it seems we might be forced to play this after all ;)

NBA Live stinks so much this year, and the NBA season has miles to go before it ends so my interest in a game is still high. There's just something I"d like to know....

-Are either of you guys playing NBA 2K6 on a standard TV? I know you're big 2K fanbois, but be honest, does it look much better? I haven't figured out a way to get my HDTV in its current location hooked up to my router, so I might be relying on my older TV to play XBL games.

- Defensive stance is really back?

-I know it's basically the same game, but notice any new animations?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Got my 360. Got my NBA & NHL 2K6. :D I don't know what the interest is in regards to another league, but I'm game. GO GRIZZ

jobber

Fifty said:
So it seems we might be forced to play this after all ;)

NBA Live stinks so much this year, and the NBA season has miles to go before it ends so my interest in a game is still high. There's just something I"d like to know....

-Are either of you guys playing NBA 2K6 on a standard TV? I know you're big 2K fanbois, but be honest, does it look much better? I haven't figured out a way to get my HDTV in its current location hooked up to my router, so I might be relying on my older TV to play XBL games.

- Defensive stance is really back?

-I know it's basically the same game, but notice any new animations?

I'm playing on a Flat Tube CRT with component cables hooked up and it looks great. The players are very detailed. With the right camera settings, it looks scary real. It's a few new animations especially layups. I saw Peja dunk and do a pull up. :eek:

As far as the defensive stance, it's not on here. The right button calls for a intentional foul and the left button is not used on defense. Left and Right triggers are the same as the Xbox version. I'm using Alternative A button settings and it's exactly the same layout as the Xbox version. Which is good for me and bad for you.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Does it have 24/7 in there too?? I know you've stated that it has everything but I'm just checking.

I think I'll pick this up this week too. I need a sports game and both NBA Live and Madden have been pretty disappointing.

Sing me up with the Cavs.

jobber

DaddyZ said:
What NBA 2k6 game are you playing? not the 360 version.

uhhhhh yes I am. Unless it's not listed on the controller settings OR the manual OR the How To Play video, I haven't see anything about it.

and 24/7 is still in

Zep

Banned
jobber said:
uhhhhh yes I am. Unless it's not listed on the controller settings OR the manual OR the How To Play video, I haven't see anything about it.

and 24/7 is still in

jobber, i played the game pretty much all day yesterday at a friends house and its done by holding down the LT...

jobber

DaddyZ said:
jobber, i played the game pretty much all day yesterday at a friends house and its done by holding down the LT...

That's the boxout button!

That was on the Xbox version...

If that's the defensive stance, then it doesn't work well.

Top Bottom