• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K11 Season 10 Xbox 360 League Thread of Hope and Redemption

Smokey

pistolpete2940 said:
When's season 2 start? I'm coppin this on 360 and I'd like to play if there's any space.

we are just about in the finals of season 1 for 2k11. the finals could take anywhere from a couple of days to a week going by previous rounds!

:(

Mrbob said:
Smokey you are lucky my friend that I had to play you rusty off of a two week break! You know the ins and outs from years of training but I could have used the reps! Rox margin of victory in the 4 game sweep:

Look at that number collapse. Getting back to normal form as the series was over. Got the Rockettes in my cross hairs now.

but you got swept. you didn't even win the winnable games. westbrook missed a wide open shot at the buzzer that could've won you the game, but right on que he chokes. the thunder have choked all year when it counted.

Mrbob

Biding my time, Smokey!

The Jordan Rules were a defensive strategy employed by the Detroit Pistons against Michael Jordan in order to limit his effectiveness on offense. Devised by head coach Chuck Daly in 1988, the Pistons' strategy was "to play him tough, to physically challenge him and to vary its defenses so as to try to throw him off balance. Sometimes the Pistons would overplay Jordan to keep the ball from him. Sometimes they would play him straight up, more often they would run a double-team at him as soon as he touched the ball to try to force him to give it up. And whenever he went to the basket, they made sure his path was contested".[citation needed] This strategy has also sometimes been employed against other prolific scoring guards.[1] The Jordan Rules were an instrumental aspect of the rivalry between the "Bad Boys" Pistons and Jordan's Chicago Bulls in the late 1980s and early 1990s.[citation needed]

The Jordan Rules were most effective for the Pistons during their first three playoff meetings with the Bulls.[citation needed] Detroit beat Chicago four games to one in the 1988 Eastern Conference Semifinals. The Pistons and Bulls met each other in the NBA Eastern Conference Finals for the next three seasons. Detroit's defense defeated the Chicago Bulls in six games in 1989 and in seven games in 1990. The Pistons won back-to-back championships after eliminating the Bulls. However, in 1991, an improved Bulls team defeated the Pistons in the playoffs. Chicago neutralized the Jordan Rules by utilizing their triangle offense[citation needed] and establishing a sharper focus on teamwork.[citation needed] They swept the Pistons four games to none in the 1991 Eastern Conference Finals. Soon after, the Bulls captured their first-ever NBA title, beating the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals.

With more experience in the upcoming season the gap will be closing even more. :D

Ferny

Im def still in. As long as I can get a team thats not the Spurs lol. I could never get used to playing with them at all. Although it was fun playing against good competition every game so i didn't mind it so much.

DCX

DCX
Fantasy draft the next season. First three picks can be from 99-86, next four picks have to be 85-80 and the last five picks 79-70 rated players.

Each team will have a big three.

DCX

Birdman02

DCX said:
Fantasy draft the next season. First three picks can be from 99-86, next four picks have to be 85-80 and the last five picks 79-70 rated players.

Each team will have a big three.

DCX

How many 86-99 rated players are there?

Also, It's sad that in that scenario Dirk would be the 4th highest rated player on a team....unless I missed his OVR rating being bumped up from 85.

yeah dirk is rated way too low. when the season started i think bosh was an 86, then he was subpar for the first week or so and fucking 2k decided to nerf him down too

now that bosh is playing much much better they didn't do anything about it. fuck you, 2k insider guy

Nightz

Smokey, you around like right now? I have a small window to play if we start in the next 5 minutes or so. Going out in an hour and most likely won't be home until 10 PST.

Smokey

Nightz said:
Smokey, you around like right now? I have a small window to play if we start in the next 5 minutes or so. Going out in an hour and most likely won't be home until 10 PST.

FUUUUUUU

will you be able to get a game in around that time ..10PST

Smokey

Nightz said:
Someone needs to pull a Tonya Harding and go after Yao's legs. :lol

i sat him most of the 4th. i tried to hold you off for as long as i could with my bench before i brought da starters back in.

good hard fought game!

Nightz

Yeah GG. If I even win one game and break your winning streak, I'll quit and ride off into the sunset celebrating my moral victory.

I should be around tomorrow after work to play our next game.

Smokey

champagne_bottle.jpg

3063868175_ec31959998.jpg

It is ova. The longest playoff in the modern era has come to an end. Good game and good series nightz. T'was a lot of fun.

:D

If someone wants to set up season 2 go ahead. Number of teams will have to be cut down quite a bit, but we can probably still get a decent number of people to play. If I shall return for season 2 I will sit Yao since he is now down for the year in the NBA.

Holla!

now that smokey has pretty much confirmed his retirement. i guess that means that makes me league commish.

congrats smokey, and godspeed in your oil chapter in life.

daw840

DCX said:
I'm in. Are we doing the Fantasy draft with the rules i posted or just a normal league?

DCX

I vote for fantasy draft, but I don't know how feasible it's going to be to have everyone available at the same time...

DCX

DCX
daw840 said:
I vote for fantasy draft, but I don't know how feasible it's going to be to have everyone available at the same time...
Well, if we can get 20 people down for a Madden draft, i think we can manage. Depends on who is in or out.

DCX

I might possibly be down from a fantasy draft, I don't know if I want to be in another league though...l'll Brett Favre this decision.

DCX

DCX
Lets set a date for teams to announce their interest. Then a date for the draft.

ok How about Jan 16th 9pm est deadline for teams to announce interest and Jan 22nd 9:45est-10pm for the draft?

DCX

Top Bottom