• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlookum

Neo Member
Apparently, Kentucky is the worst of the 4 seeds. I guess rolling through the SEC tourney didn't do us any good. Will Florida get a 3?

jjasper

LOL Vandy is done.

Schlookum said:
Apparently, Kentucky is the worst of the 4 seeds. I guess rolling through the SEC tourney didn't do us any good. Will Florida get a 3?

They don't rank the seeds in the tournament after the 1s.

Seth C

Seriously, can one of the smaller schools from Kentucky PLEASE get in the tournament and not get fucked out in the the first round by Kentucky or Louisville? There are 65 other teams to match Morehead State up against.

jjasper said:
They don't rank the seeds in the tournament after the 1s.

Yes and no. The best #1 gets the worst #2, the best #3, and the worst #4. Using the S curve. Teams can be moved if needed for regions, but that is the general goal.

jakncoke

Banned
Shick Brithouse said:
Duke might be in trouble in the second round. Michigan nearly beat Kansas and then Ohio St in consecutive games.

Of course, we could be in trouble against Nova in the second round too.

wouldn't worry. nova isn't that good and forget to guard the 3 a lot

Schlookum

Neo Member
Seth C said:
Seriously, can one of the smaller schools from Kentucky PLEASE get in the tournament and not get fucked out in the the first round by Kentucky or Louisville? There are 65 other teams to match Morehead State up against.

Yes and no. The best #1 gets the worst #2, the best #3, and the worst #4. Using the S curve. Teams can be moved if needed for regions, but that is the general goal.

The NCAA hates Kentucky, the whole state.

jakncoke said:
Illinois a 9.. rest easy there
On the one hand: WOOHOO!

On the other hand: Damnit, our strategy to tank and avoid the 8/9 game failed, and UNLV is good. One and done. Maybe UNLV can beat Kansas for us, because we sure wouldn't be able to.

Oh well, still better than another NIT Final Four. *barf*

Seth C

Schlookum said:
The NCAA hates Kentucky, the whole state.

It just sucks because I'd like to cheer on the other state teams, especially the small ones. Like my alma matter EKU, when they got in once in a generation, they had to play Kentucky in the first round. It's just obnoxious.

jjasper

Seth C said:

They don't. They do it entirely based on locating. The only teams that are lined up are the overall #1 plays the 4th #1 and 2 and 3 #1s play.

SyNapSe

Elfforkusu said:
On the one hand: WOOHOO!

On the other hand: Damnit, our strategy to tank and avoid the 8/9 game failed, and UNLV is good. One and done. Maybe UNLV can beat Kansas for us, because we sure wouldn't be able to.

Oh well, still better than another NIT Final Four. *barf*

I actually think the Illini are a pretty dangerous opponent. I know people are upset with the seniors but when McCamey does show up, he can make that team pretty tough. I think he makes them a bit of a wild card. When he has his not playing moments Paul can't really carry them but when he's on they're tough.

Seth C

jjasper said:
They don't. They do it entirely based on locating. The only teams that are lined up are the overall #1 plays the 4th #1 and 2 and 3 #1s play.

If that's the case then when did they stop using an s-curve? They absolutely always have before, so unless you have evidence they have stopped doing so, I'm afraid you're wrong.

Also, as a top 4 seed, if locating is key, why is Kentucky in Tampa rather than any of the 4 other sites closer to Lexington?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA Va Tech got shut out but VCU getting a play in game is even more comical

SyNapSe said:
I actually think the Illini are a pretty dangerous opponent. I know people are upset with the seniors but when McCamey does show up, he can make that team pretty tough. I think he makes them a bit of a wild card. When he has his not playing moments Paul can't really carry them but when he's on they're tough.
We're pretty dangerous in a "play you close" sort of way, but not in a "actually get the win" sort of way.

We'll lose to UNLV by a couple of points.

jjasper

Seth C said:
If that's the case then when did they stop using an s-curve? They absolutely always have before, so unless you have evidence they have stopped doing so, I'm afraid you're wrong.

A few years ago when UT was up for a 1 seed they got stuck in UNC the number 1 overall's bracket and they bitched enough that the NCAA released a statement saying they only aligned the 1 seed and they put us in UNC's bracket so we could be close to Knoxville.

Silkworm

Schlookum said:
Lost to Kentucky twice in a months time
As long as UF doesn't have to play UK (or a team with UK's similar makeup) they really aren't so bad ;-) Glad to see UF get a 2 seed. Last year didn't know if they would get in, but got a 10 seed, but then lost to BYU. Hopefully this year they'll avoid any potential pitfalls and prove that they are worthy of this years seeding.

Talon

Damn, the East is stacked.

Southeast seems like a good ride for Pitt. Perfectly set up for my bracket to get Dixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom