• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Payback revealed (NFS: Fast & Furious, Nov 10, PC/PS4/XB1) [Trailer]

Yea but looks like they went early fast and the furious instead of the later ones. I want to race against a submarine or aome wild shit like that.

Xater

The trailer seems just more of the same combo "Crew-USA roads-cheap story".

Waiting for gameplay but, honestly, I had enough of *this* type of NFS, EA.

Just stop making them as "Fast&Furios"-like sequels and gimme a simple, fast, stupid arcade racer without story and stupid guys.

We need speed, not Toretto crews.

Same. The last good NFS was Hot Pursuit and that was 7 years ago.

Kayant

Find abandoned vehicles scattered throughout the world to create your perfect car from the ground up. Collect, win or buy the hottest after-market parts and build out your perfect garage.
Notlikethis.gif

Sigh hopefully it's done in a rewarding way this time. It was just a half-baked/shitty system in MW(2015) coupled with the Blacklist.

strafer

That in-engine Frostbite quality 🔥 🔥 🔥

Not feeling the story/dialogue. Man I really wish they could nail the MW(2005) good cringe atmosphere again.

Need to see gameplay elements before am in.

Probably

It's hard to replicate that stuff when they didn't mean for it in the first place, they were setting out to make it serious and cool and it came out somewhat cheesy and awesome.

Haines

Banned
Payback is such a garbage name for a racing game

The last need for speed I enjoyed was that first one with bodykits and drag racing and stuff. That one was cool.

Looked like shite since and I've avoided to save my time and money

Bishop89

It's about paying someone back?
220px-PaybackPoster.jpg

Rellik

I made a bit of a shit post yesterday about NFS not being good since the original Most Wanted, but this trailer did actually grab my attention.

There needs to be a demo so I can feel how it handles.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nope. No thank you. Not into the whole "Fast and the Furious" ripoff.

Bandit1

Looks like the Platinum Car Pack is included with the standard pre-order edition too.

Standard Edition is £59.99 on Xbox Live
Deluxe Edition is £79.99

That seems quite steep to me, especially for the standard edition? Bear in mind, EA Access discounts will apply to these prices for those that have them.

Ah, nice. Yeah deluxe edition seems a little pricey.

Anotherone of those fake-Burnout Need for Speeds. I mean they can be fun but they will never ever be the real deal. So sad that Burnout is dead.

AudioEppa

Guck it, I'm in like Vin.

This will go nice with WW2. Hopefully November isn't too heavy with new games I want.

Kayant

It's hard to replicate that stuff when they didn't mean for it in the first place, they were setting out to make it serious and cool and it came out somewhat cheesy and awesome.
Yh 😭 😭 😭

Always amazes me how much I still remembered from that game because I connected with the characters.

iFirez

Not sure if the voice actors have been brought up or not yet, but the female voice sounds a hell of a lot like Eliza Dushku.
(The voice at 0:52 saying "We own these streets Tyler" is the one I'm referencing)

Ryuuga

Banned
It could be good, but is there a demand for a human element in NFS games? I dunno shit turns me off. I guess we'll never get a vibe reminiscent of that MW live-action ad from way back.

Play as Tyler, Mac or Jess.

Why can't I get some normal names in my games?

I wanna play as Brian, Philip or Nigel.

Fuck these "trendy" names.

Trailer looks fun though.

strafer

If we could choose our own name then everyone would just be Paul Walker.

I know I would have picked that name.

iFirez

Jess is "trendy"? I've dated two girls called Jess in my life... neither that trendy.
Tyler is a super common american name and Mac just makes me think of Always Sunny.

Top Bottom