• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
By popular demand... our fourth month of 2008 is finally under way! Go for broke!

2076836589_a588abe39a_o.jpg

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

April is here! March was pretty big! We've had God of Wars, Crisis Cores, Ninja Gaidens and BRAWLS with VEGAS too(2)?! Now we're coming up on 1/3rd of 2008 completed. What are you getting next?

Grand Theft Auto IV and Mario Kart Wii HOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't forget Persona 3 FES and Gran Turismo Prologue too though! And Dual Shock 3sssss weeeee! As usual...

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008

---

Pics later today... OH and my birthday is in April! What are you getting me? :)

bjork

I traded Layton for Outrun on PSP, so that'll probably be it. I'll be playing Outrun and FFVII:CC this month, methinks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
THIS MONTH, I WILL ONLY BUY ONE GAME. THE ONE, AND FUCKING ONLY GRAND THEFT AUTO FOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR

Techncially I bought these this month, obviously. But...whaevz.
dsc00196149.jpg

Do not buy Advent Rising if you have a multi-core CPU. Seriously. There's some kind of incompatibility issue that makes the game run at approximately twenty times the speed, rendering the game unplayable. The supposedly calm and mellow introductory space ship sequence turned into an intense adrenalinfueled thrillride with lives at stake. I was wondering what the hell that was about until I noticed how Gideon ran at the speed of light.

Due to Google I found out you could turn one core off for the advent.exe process, which makes the game run in slow motion instead. It looks like ass too as I can't set the resolution above 800x600 for some reason. Whoever said the PC version was less buggy deserves a public flogging. There's quite literally no support for the game either. So bye bye $10.

April is the best month ever if only because my birthday is in April, but sadly I have very little pick up this month other than one tiny game coming out at the end of it. I might buy a camera so I can actually post in this thread and despite buying my TV a month+ ago, that was officially my birthday gift, so that will be the first thing I will post because it is supreme awesome.

bjork said:
I traded Layton for Outrun on PSP, so that'll probably be it. I'll be playing Outrun and FFVII:CC this month, methinks.

If you dont have custom firmware on your PSP, get it and switch your PSP to 333 mode when playing Outrun. It makes the game 100 billion times better.

zoku88

Iron_Scimitar said:
Wiimote jackets, courtesy of Nintendo.
One of my friends got two of those for her wii-motes. The first thing I thought when I touched them was : "This feels like what a sex toy would feel like."

elseanio

Payday :D

P310308_2020.jpg

They are:

Beowulf
Run, Fat Boy, Run
Corpse Bride
Death Sentence
The Island

GT5:p
R6V:2
Everybody's Golf

Wipeout Pulse
GoW
Patapon

Bii

Downloaded Alien Hominid HD.

2377426783_b97416c63b_o.jpg

I don't like how this picture turned out for DW2/3 and I'm much too lazy to retake it or edit it.

2378223602_fef3d94047_o.jpg

2378223310_5f4fac0688_o.jpg

NBA 2K8

Last time I played a basketball video game was ESPN NBA 2K5. Obviously, a lot of improvements have been made to the game in the span of a few years. I think I'd rather play my sports video games every few years before upgrading to the newest.

I also bought (but not pictured) The Other Boleyn Girl (the book, mind you) for a book club that I'm in.

zoku88

18 volumes of manga:

And the Nokia BH-604 bluetooth headset which I bought in mid-March but was waiting to post until I got the manga (today.)

I actually got one other thing, but I can't remember what it was XD

MarkMan said:
Pics later today... OH and my birthday is in April! What are you getting me? :)
I'm getting you the Aya Hirano photobook so you can please Defuser ^^

It will actually be a Leoh Dizon one in disguise >.>

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If you're only going to take pictures of ONE game PLEASE make a theme for it. Like these:

2378223310_5f4fac0688_o.jpg

wKjcDPBMP.jpg

fHwAgLUUo.jpg

At least try. It's so much funner.

Amir0x

Banned
I'll repost my March shit until I get my April shit this week.

REPOST:

NeoGAFSwagMarch.jpg

Since I haven't been able to take a photo of my swag for the past many weeks, I updated with some earlier month 2008 swag too.

I think No Country/Atonement will be my last DVD purchases, then I'm going to start buying Blu-Ray in anticipation of my Blu-Ray player purchase. I have to replace my Atonement DVD though - accidentally grabbed the full screen off the rack. Motherfuckers at Wal-Mart mix them shits up in the rows.

MarchSwords2008.jpg

Not pictured: PES 2008 Wii (brilliant), Opoona (yuck). Also, I got FFVII Advent from a "friend" at work who remembered I like some Final Fantasy games. Apparently that must have meant I liked this crap for him. WELL FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE. I KNOW WHO MY TRUE FRIENDS ARE. What shit!

Speaking of shit... the following image may be a bit MUCH for sensitive eyes. It's not exactly NSFW, but it sums up what I think about this crap game. It's part of my monthly "take a picture of a game you most feel you wasted money on" feature, which you may remember my NO MORE HEROES IN A TOILET and, of course, NiGHTS 2 ALA GARBAGE.

I submit my latest. Due to the graphic nature of this post, I won't just hotlink the image.

I call it...

THE CAT LAID A HUGE ONE IN THE KITTY LITTER.

Concept17

Amir0x said:
MarchSwords2008.jpg

Not pictured: PES 2008 Wii (brilliant), Opoona (yuck). Also, I got FFVII Advent from a "friend" at work who remembered I like some Final Fantasy games. Apparently that must have meant I liked this crap for him. WELL FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE. I KNOW WHO MY TRUE FRIENDS ARE. What shit!

Speaking of shit... the following image may be a bit MUCH for sensitive eyes. It's not exactly NSFW, but it sums up what I think about this crap game. It's part of my monthly "take a picture of a game you most feel you wasted money on" feature, which you may remember my NO MORE HEROES IN A TOILET and, of course, NiGHTS 2 ALA GARBAGE.

I submit my latest. Due to the graphic nature of this post, I won't just hotlink the image.

I call it...

THE CAT LAID A HUGE ONE IN THE KITTY LITTER.

When is AC hitting BR? And possibly in similar fashion.

Amir0x

Banned
Concept17 said:
When is AC hitting BR? And possibly in similar fashion.

I dunno! I don't keep up with AC news since I hate this movie so much. I think the "friend" who gave me this movie hates me secretly.

Concept17

Amir0x said:
I dunno! I don't keep up with AC news since I hate this movie so much. I think the "friend" who gave me this movie hates me secretly.

You should know. You should also learn to love.

yeah, the story blows, i know

sw26

Seiken said:
THIS MONTH, I WILL ONLY BUY ONE GAME. THE ONE, AND FUCKING ONLY GRAND THEFT AUTO FOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR

Same.

Although I may be tempted if Nintendo happen to put something decent on VC for a change. Bah, who am I kidding, that's never going to happen - just GTAIV then.

:D

bjork

mjc said:
If I may ask, what is the purpose to shrink-wrapping your manga?

We do it here so that

a) people are buying a new copy that hasn't been handled 50000x and looks less than new

b) people won't turn my store into a library

We're close enough to a B+N that people will go read them there if they really want to, but we have a lot of people who purposely buy them from us because they're virtually untouched when they unwrap them.

Flunkie

Banned
DSC01385.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01388.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

DSC01371.jpg

Some of this is still left over from February. :lol But, better late than never, right?

Contents include:
-Condemned 2: Bloodshot (PS3)
-MLB 08 The Show (PS3)
-Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (PS3)
-New PSP Slim Daxter Pack (To replace my old Fatty, which I use for screwing arond with homebrew and stuff now..)
-WipEout Pulse
-Patapon
-Grits - A Second Serving (Greatest Hits)
-Wicked Lasers Core - Green Laser Pointer (Don't really know why I bought this, other than it looked cool, and I wanted one. :lol It's pretty awesome though, at nighttime you can see the beam really well. It's awesome.)

Yoshichan

Sweet JESUS at those PSP pics! More of the good shit please!

Yoshichan

ty_hot

Bought APF 2k8 and PES2008 for PS3

APF for myself, PES 2008 to sell :D

In the background Esportes - Folha de São Paulo
Corinthians Believe \o/

dsc01238yp7.jpg

Adidas Megabounce+ 2008 for my father (and myself when he is not at home :lol )

dsc01239te5.jpg

I already have GT5P, so I'll probably don't buy the EUR version;
GTA4 by the end of the month, but it'll by sure arrive in may

Shouta

Hrm, I haven't posted what I picked up recently so I'll just toss the stuff I've gotten since like late February.

pickup1.jpg

pickup2.jpg

pickup3.jpg

Top Bottom