• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Machine

My old laptop died, so I bought a cheap replacement. I've also picked up a few cheap games recently.
003.jpg

Kagari said:

I didn't really like Outbound Flight. Obiwan and Anakin felt thrown into the novel for no good reason. Survivor's Quest was definitely the better book of the duology. If you haven't read Quest, I'd recommend that one first.

Big Papa Husker said:
Picked up a new cable modem today... All I have to say is HOLY SHIT its fast! :lol I also got those N64 games at a Goodwill for $1 each. :D

08-2010-4.jpg

That is a kickass cable modem. I picked one up a few months ago. The speed on it is ridiculous. It was triple my old docsis 2.0, and my provider has bonded networks so it was blazing. Mine was unstable as hell though, and I had to get a new firmware sent to it.

What firmware do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Alucrid

Banned
threenote said:
This is rad, dude.

Thanks!

SalsaShark said:
i get the pretty and all, but wtf did you bought ?

Sorry. :lol

Clockwise from top left:

Chrome Bag, El Guincho: Piratas de Sudamerica vinyl, Delorean: Subiza vinyl, Evangelion 1.11 Blu Ray, Yojimbo and Sanjuro criterion collection Blu Ray, Washed Out: Life of Leisure vinyl.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
-PXG- said:
szd0ep.jpg

Halo Reach 360 controller

qywe1s.jpg

Free custom mouse pad from ArtsCow

Did you have that made? Just wondering because it's fan art; hope that company isn't selling it.

EDIT: Never mind; you had it made. Recently I bought this huge Ghost In The Shell cloth wall scroll that was clearly a bootleg...also made with fan art. It was cheap and the colors are off. eBay has tons of bootleg stuff for sale.

Takao

Banned
2zdq81x.jpg

29cxwjq.jpg

2***1oi.jpg

rsvkpj.jpg

avs9jc.jpg

2iqom0l.jpg

wkg3d0.jpg

Note: I got the Go beforehand, it's the cradle I got this month.
Double Note: I should buy myself a camera.

Jupilerman

Neo Member
I picked up a new tv a couple of days ago, and I'm loving it, It's a LG 47SL9500. I was looking for the 42 inch version but then I stumbled on the 47inch version on sale so I baught that one :D

2nltf1y.jpg

I also got some cheap xbox360 games

bge6nq.jpg

and last but not least some beers

o07y3b.jpg

Schlep

College football is almost here. :D

Picked up a couple workout shirts, and my season tickets and parking pass to the last season in our old stadium. Can't wait for tailgating! (no games bought this month, closest is The Black Keys RB DLC)

foutsfinale.jpg

Also picked up Bayonetta and some blu-rays:
4913904136_8bf2218b95_z.jpg

Dexa said:
what is that? :O
Ever stayed at a hotel with weird N64 controllers? You'd pay per hour to play (say that five times fast). I just picked up a few of the middlemen that connect to the tv and a handful of the controllers. They're supposed to run off of a sever or something but unfortunately I don't have those.

4913181755_90b12a6292_z.jpg

4913785372_a903be0af7_z.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I didn't really like Outbound Flight. Obiwan and Anakin felt thrown into the novel for no good reason. Survivor's Quest was definitely the better book of the duology. If you haven't read Quest, I'd recommend that one first.

Yeah, that would be my next purchase. The store had a copy but it was all mangled and I wanted one in better condition.

mr stroke

Litflynt912 said:
been wanting this model for months....thanks be to God!!!
oxNefl.jpg

also picked up a new Dyson ball vacuum.

how is the tv?

I have been curious how it stacks up against Sony or Samsung

kairu said:
I pre-ordered this thing awhile ago. Just showed up today. So nice.

It's an iPhone 4 case by Grove, btw.

01.jpg

http://crumaharashop.com/pics/aug-2010/02.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://crumaharashop.com/pics/aug-2010/03.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://crumaharashop.com/pics/aug-2010/04.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://crumaharashop.com/pics/aug-2010/05.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I hate you. Mine doesn't ship until next Saturday even though I got in pretty early on the pre-orders it seemed like. That looks really good though. I hope I don't regret the natural bamboo finish :/

kairu

Valkyr Junkie said:
I hate you. Mine doesn't ship until next Saturday even though I got in pretty early on the pre-orders it seemed like. That looks really good though. I hope I don't regret the natural bamboo finish :/

Did you get any etching on it or go blank like me?

Hey, if you don't like the natural finish the benefit of wood is I guess you could always stain it?

Also did a quick video look at it on youtube if you're interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dheeYmmvmxE

suikodan

a902e3b2.jpg

Bought this SF2 arcade cabinet which is in very good condition. I intend on giving it a fresh coat of paint with different marquees and use it on a PC with MAME.

I wanted to work on such a project for a little while so there is it.

bb25585c.jpg

Also bought Ys Seven. With DQ9, MGSPW and Persona 3 in my portable backlog, I won't be bored for a long time.

mr stroke said:
how is the tv?

I have been curious how it stacks up against Sony or Samsung

have only ran it for a few hours and haven't fully calibrated it yet...colors are smooth and that extra pixel basically just balances out the hues so the colors look more vibrant where as the blacks are pretty much standard res...

I personally am blown away at the refresh rate (came from a samsung LN40A500) and the GUI is better than sony's (and I am a fanboy)

I got it for about $929 which is a good deal and if you can get it for cheaper, you should...
the Sony LED was $799 but I read the reviews and it met my needs....

(once I balance out the colors and get the temperature right, I think it will be my end all be all say on displays) Sharp is Sharp...Aqous forever...:D

kairu said:
Did you get any etching on it or go blank like me?

Hey, if you don't like the natural finish the benefit of wood is I guess you could always stain it?

Also did a quick video look at it on youtube if you're interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dheeYmmvmxE

No etching since I couldn't think of any design neat enough to spend the additional money on. The wait doesn't bother me too much since I at least have a bumper on mine for protection. I had an Incase Bamboo case for my 3GS, and I definitely miss the that type of case when it comes to taking my phone out of my pocket since wood-based materials seem to offer the ideal coefficient of friction when it comes to that.

YagizY

suikodan said:
Bought this SF2 arcade cabinet which is in very good condition. I intend on giving it a fresh coat of paint with different marquees and use it on a PC with MAME.

This makes me very sad.

kairu

Valkyr Junkie said:
No etching since I couldn't think of any design neat enough to spend the additional money on. The wait doesn't bother me too much since I at least have a bumper on mine for protection. I had an Incase Bamboo case for my 3GS, and I definitely miss the that type of case when it comes to taking my phone out of my pocket since wood-based materials seem to offer the ideal coefficient of friction when it comes to that.

I totally agree. Having the bumper on drove me nuts because it would eviscerate my pockets every time I reach for my phone. Had my phone go naked instead. But yeah, grove cases rock.

mr stroke

Litflynt912 said:
have only ran it for a few hours and haven't fully calibrated it yet...colors are smooth and that extra pixel basically just balances out the hues so the colors look more vibrant where as the blacks are pretty much standard res...

I personally am blown away at the refresh rate (came from a samsung LN40A500) and the GUI is better than sony's (and I am a fanboy)

I got it for about $929 which is a good deal and if you can get it for cheaper, you should...
the Sony LED was $799 but I read the reviews and it met my needs....

(once I balance out the colors and get the temperature right, I think it will be my end all be all say on displays) Sharp is Sharp...Aqous forever...:D

does the Sharp have a matte or glossy glass?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
0822101030.jpg

Blurry pic but here's what's in it:
Ys 7 Limited Edition
Defenders of Oasis
Phantasy Star Adventure
Jeanne D'Arc
What Did I Do To Deserve This My Lord 2
The Legendary Starfy
Half Minute Hero
Hexyz Force
Secret of Evermore + Guide
Live A Live

Fularu

Banned
Some of you really take the "sup guys I'm trying to be an artist" a little bit too far.

This is a "brag about your purchases" thread, not a "makes it difficult as fuck with crappy artsy pictures to identify wtf you just purchased".

Top Bottom