• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) - Year In Review!

Yes Boss!

rvy said:
You old, old farts.
Well, the positive angle is that our lives perfectly parallel the videogame history. I love having been there and involved every step of the way. Would not trade that for a younger age!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yes Boss! said:
Well, the positive angle is that our lives perfectly parallel the videogame history. I love having been there and involved every step of the way. Would not trade that for a younger age!
Yup. I am a little younger so I missed out on Atari and the golden age of arcades. It would have been nice to see that. At least I got the whole Japanese gaming era (Famicom/NES onward)

Geoff9920

Just placed the order yesterday, so nothing to take a pic of yet...

Just put in an order for a new receiver. Denon AVR-3311CI. :D Upgrading from an old Pioneer 1015 budget receiver.

rvy

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
I'm only 20 and I wish I was a kid again, but I see where you're coming from.

BocoDragon said:
Yup. I am a little younger so I missed out on Atari and the golden age of arcades. It would have been nice to see that. At least I got the whole Japanese gaming era (Famicom/NES onward)
I'm glad I missed the Atari Era Idon't think that stuff would have grabbed my attention like the NES.

practice02 said:
I'm glad I missed the Atari Era Idon't think that stuff would have grabbed my attention like the NES.

It would have, trust me.

Intellevision Triple Action....Burger Time....that stuff was just as addictive when it was the only option.

Terrible ipod touch photo.
img_01309byg.jpg

Fables Deluxe Edition Book 2
Esthero: Breath From Another

PalaceBrother said:
It would have, trust me.

Intellevision Triple Action....Burger Time....that stuff was just as addictive when it was the only option.

i sometimes wake up with the Burger Time melody in my head and i haven't played that game in decades. yes, it's scary.

RetroGreg

practice02 said:

Oh man, living through that time was the best! The golden age of arcades was quite magical to a kid under 10. all the colors and sounds were GLORIOUS. We were quite happy with the Atari, Intellivision, or ColecoVision at home. I'm 36 BTW. :D

hipgnosis

Koroshi said:
Question to all of you who buy Japanese games: Do you all actually speak Japanese? There's so many of you who buy Japanese games, and I'm just wondering how the hell you actually play and understand them. I'd love to be able to purchase Japanese games, but I don't speak a single word of Japanese.

Most of the menus in those Cave shmups are in english, so there aren't any barriers there.

Yes Boss! said:
Whoo-hoo! DoDonPachi! Birthday was on Nov. 29th so this is a gift to myself as a slightly late present.

d5c29c7b.jpg
Very nice! That LE looks really great!

Dante23

moop2000 said:
I bought myself a new front end for $500:
IMG_0186.jpg

the before pic:
IMG_0162.jpg

Wow, this went well for you. I have a Volkswagen Jetta and once had to replace the side fender and the bumpers with some lights, the bill was pretty high, about US 2.700, I was so glad that the hood was intact. Truth be told that I live in a 3rd world country and bringing things over is expensive, luckily the insurance took care of most of the bill, so I just paid like US 270.

Glad that your car is like new again.

Dante23 said:
Wow, this went well for you. I have a Volkswagen Jetta and once had to replace the side fender and the bumpers with some lights, the bill was pretty high, about US 2.700, I was so glad that the hood was intact. Truth be told that I live in a 3rd world country and bringing things over is expensive, luckily the insurance took care of most of the bill, so I just paid like US 270.

Glad that your car is like new again.

Yeah, $500 was just the deductible. I got really lucky as the airbags didn't deploy. If they had my 5 year old car with just 30,000 miles would have been totaled out and I would've been fucked on the payout check.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
SuperJ said:
I was lucky to be able get a lot of nice stuff this year, but this by far has to be my favorite:

XRGB-3_box.jpg

Nice! I love that fuckin' thing. It's a bit of a pain to get it set up just right, but when you do, it's such an awesome box to have around.

TheUsual

Gold Member
SlickVic said:
image_0581giu1.jpg

$10 on Amazon after the rebate. Been looking for a good deal on a gaming mouse for a while and kind of lucked out with this deal.

On my second one of that mouse. First one lasted me about 5 years before the wiring went bad and would constantly connect and disconnect. Still the best mouse I've ever used.

Going to do a year in review in a few days, waiting til my next big purchase, which should be in a few weeks, either a ipad, or a sc37 pioneer elite receiver

Got this for now...

WP_000026.jpg

WP_000025.jpg

FrankNitty said:
Going to do a year in review in a few days, waiting til my next big purchase, which should be in a few weeks, either a ipad, or a sc37 pioneer elite receiver

Got this for now...

WP_000026.jpg

WP_000025.jpg

Sell that shit for $600

Infinity

Yes Boss! said:

This.

I remember my parents buying the 2600. I hooked it up to our console TV late one night, because I just wasn't patient enough to wait until morning.

Seen it all, and so glad I did.

No pics but I'm super excited that I got a new Ipod touch today - 4th gen and shit.

32GB for $250 with $45 in gift cards from target. They were running a $30 gift card with the ipod, sent us a 10% off coupon, had another 15% off coupon they stacked, plus offered $15 gift card for spending $100.. so awesome.

seady

SonOfABeep said:
No pics but I'm super excited that I got a new Ipod touch today - 4th gen and shit.

32GB for $250 with $45 in gift cards from target. They were running a $30 gift card with the ipod, sent us a 10% off coupon, had another 15% off coupon they stacked, plus offered $15 gift card for spending $100.. so awesome.

So how much exactly did you pay for the iTouch?

excuse my ignorance but what brand of car is that everyone is talking about here(the one in the pic with blurred plates)?

I've never seen that logo before. Looks like the Star Trek Logo to me
logo_large.png

iamaustrian said:
excuse my ignorance but what brand of car is that everyone is talking about here(the one in the pic with blurred plates)?

I've never seen that logo before. Looks like the Star Trek Logo to me
logo_large.png

It's Honda's luxury brand Acura.

BearChair

SuperJ said:
I was lucky to be able get a lot of nice stuff this year, but this by far has to be my favorite:

XRGB-3_box.jpg

How do these work? From what I can gather from the images and English text on the box, it would allow you to play older consoles on a current TV. Is it to a receiver, where you can also hook multiple consoles through this box to the TV? Also, where could I purchase one?

Ninja Scooter said:
It's Honda's luxury brand Acura.

Yeah, in America, the higher end Honda's are rebadged as Acura (It's a marketing thing, to make these cars stand out from the crowd). While in Japan, it's just a Honda. Same goes for the other luxury brands.... Although you will find Lexus in Japan (I guess the status symbol mentality is wearing off there as well), but then again you'll still find its Toyota badged alternative often, too.

Like a Lexus RX300 in the States, is a Toyota Harrier in Japan. But You'll still find Lexus RX300 in Japan as well, just not as common.

79nZ+

4d0z+

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this...

Koroshi said:
Question to all of you who buy Japanese games: Do you all actually speak Japanese? There's so many of you who buy Japanese games, and I'm just wondering how the hell you actually play and understand them. I'd love to be able to purchase Japanese games, but I don't speak a single word of Japanese.

I don't read/speak Japanese, I'm just impatient. You get to recognise certain phrases and anyway, there aren't that many games (that I play anyway) that are completely impenetrable to non-Japanese.

Top Bottom