• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
InfiniteNine said:
Another pre-order layed down today. :lol
senkorondeduole.png
If a kitty is indeed drawn on the box, I may just piss myself laughing.

ULTROS! said:
Been wondering. How is this game? :p

spats said:
Don't waste your money. The controls will have you pulling your hair out.

Mmm, I'd disagree, I didn't have a huge issue with the controls. It does suffer from a shitty camera at times but I enjoyed it alot more than Anniversary personally.

I had alot of fun with the improved climbing and such and while it's not a perfect game if you can pick it up on the cheap (I got it for £10) it's definitely worth a shot.

Dogenzaka

Banned
I liked Underworld...I just never finished it. I thought the exploration was great and so were the graphics (yessss for underwater Norse mythology temples).

Nothing to pay more than $20-30 for though.

spats

Dogenzaka said:
I liked Underworld...I just never finished it. I thought the exploration was great and so were the graphics (yessss for underwater Norse mythology temples).

Nothing to pay more than $20-30 for though.

Well it is pretty and as you said, the exploration is fun but I found the combat to be absolutely terrible and still haven't been able to get over the camera and really janky controls. I paid 12 euros so I don't feel ripped off or anything, will propably try to finish it too. But march is coming up and do yourself a favor and save your money for the 10 games that will be much better. :p [/derail]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Alucrid

Banned
LiK said:
woot, thanks Penny-Arcade :D

front
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/likchan/bayo_shirt.jpg[]

back
[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/likchan/bayo_shirt2.jpg[][/QUOTE]

Why do 99% of video game tshirts come in balck?

DSC_0006.jpg

Usually I wouldn't buy tees like this, but I thought it was too humorous to pass up.

I have another tee coming in, hopefully. :p

...and I'm still waiting on my Nudies.

blurrygil

Tis only my 2nd pickup post, as the things I consider special enough to post for a pickup thread don't come around very often.

22044_1310986410644_1110124013_968880_3914776_n.jpg

22044_1321094743346_1110124013_993269_4913839_n.jpg

Courtesy of Ezell's World Famous Fried Chicken:

22044_1310410636250_1110124013_967563_4327696_n.jpg

22044_1310409236215_1110124013_967562_7364802_n.jpg

I have a late January entrant in here as well...but got this for $45! Missing Eject cap. No box. But perfect shape, no damage at all:

11240_1280331844299_1110124013_879487_1258469_n.jpg

And most of all, fresly worked on and converted! Ordered the last bits of needed art and parts:

20944_1328433606813_1110124013_1010577_4670216_n.jpg

She's #12 in my collection. And quickly already have a #13 lined up! Hopefully I'll have a deal worked out before the end of the Feb thread here.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
MidnightScott said:
Best Nintendo Power cover ever:

20376_312021466645_685251645_4060983_6108187_n.jpg

Issue #252...Ho-oh & Lugia on the front. Second generation of Pokémon began with #252 Chikorita. Coincidence?
Yes. It should of been Issue 251 also, for the number of pokemon you can get in Gold and Silver.

Also, I has Famicom! Sort of!
fami1.jpg

fami2.jpg

fami3.jpg

Turns out the Power Joy is a working Famicom Unit. Wonder if it works with more complex games. I am going to run to the post office and take a Priority Mail box, pop the Power Joy's shell, and make a ghetto famicom.

SelfCon

28r2ljn.jpg

Bioshock Part Deux SE and an Eve Hypo.
9ixlk1.jpg

Yep, good game.
maifkj.jpg

JVC SU-DH1 to go along with my HA-RX900s. Loving it so far.

Also picked up Braid and Hustle Kings on PSN.

UPS Just dropped off Halo Legends. Looking forward to watching it tonight. Burnout, NFS: MW and Star Wars are all from Goozex. Dark Forces came sealed!

And sorry about the iPhone pics. My camera is at work.

img0162b.jpg

img0163r.jpg

img0164r.jpg

mooooose

Drkirby said:
Yes. It should of been Issue 251 also, for the number of pokemon you can get in Gold and Silver.

Also, I has Famicom! Sort of!
[imghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/3496710/fami1.jpg[/img]
[imghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/3496710/fami2.jpg[/img]
[imghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/3496710/fami3.jpg[/img]

Turns out the Power Joy is a working Famicom Unit. Wonder if it works with more complex games. I am going to run to the post office and take a Priority Mail box, pop the Power Joy's shell, and make a ghetto famicom.
It works with almost everything. Some games have music problems. Sites like Lik-Sang used to cell pin-converters so you could use it as a NES instead. A lot of people use these in 'portable' projects because they're so tiny.

You can make a really cool little portable NES out of a portable TV, some AAs, a Power Joy, and a box to put them in.

blurrygil

Paznos said:
Seattle! use to go there quite a bit, the Seattle location.

Yup. I'm half a mile from the original one in the CD.

I love getting it for my arcade parties.

Though I have to constantly wipe down my machines due to excessive grease being everywhere, lol

Today was a pretty regular day of pickups.

Some free shit from the Disney Rewards club.
2uq0yrr.jpg

Replacement Demon's Souls guide from Atlus.
2wmetm0.jpg

BY THE BEARD OF ZEUS!!!!!
3149kiw.jpg

Unboxing
vff3k.jpg

Certificate of nerditude
547if9.jpg

Assembled
153y4y0.jpg

Approaching the Hellbeast
mw2vck.jpg

Spotted by the Hellbeast!!!!!!
fdc8t3.jpg

Stunned by its wicked roar!!!!!
2chstn9.jpg

Fin
2mwf8df.jpg

djgil said:
Yup. I'm half a mile from the original one in the CD.

I love getting it for my arcade parties.

Though I have to constantly wipe down my machines due to excessive grease being everywhere, lol
WTF? I've lived in Seattle for most of my life and have never even heard if this place. Is it worth making the trip from Ballard to the CD for?

Decided to splurge on some sub-$5 PS2 games at Gamestop (All but Stella Deus (from Goozex)). I picked up those XBOX games from Hastings. I found Jeanne D'Arc at Blockbuster and SFA3 for $4 on Clearance at Target.
2-2010-4.jpg

Last night I found the BlazBlue LE at Gamestop and Ar Tonelico Premium Edition was in the mail from Hastings; too bad the outer box has been ripped a little on the side and the back, but the game disc and art book is in good condition. :)

2-2010-5.jpg

This was the last one available at the TRU near my house. It should go nicely with my Big Daddy figure from Bioshock 1 limited edition and the Little Sister figure I got from 2k.

2l9r5zb.jpg

joeyjoejoeshabadoo said:
This was the last one available at the TRU near my house. It should go nicely with my Big Daddy figure from Bioshock 1 limited edition and the Little Sister figure I got from 2k.

2l9r5zb.jpg
Are these hard to find? How much are they at TRU?

Big Papa Husker said:
Are these hard to find? How much are they at TRU?
Not sure how hard it is to find, but I do know they were freebies for members who bought Bioshock 2 there during a particular time. I'm sure the extras went for sale. They are selling it for $20.

Top Bottom