• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

HoTHiTTeR said:
Such a beast in MW2. Turbo'ed :p FAL w/ Scavenger Pro + Hardline Pro + Steady Aim Pro

ex2turbo.jpg

I want.

Forsete

Got Up(p) today, and a 2nd copy of De Andras Liv (Das Leben der Anderen) is a copy for a friend. Two fantastic movies, neither should be missed.

vkvJMnbRM.jpg

Sagitario

Bii said:
Wow, I didn't realize Halo Legends was out already. Looks like I gotta bump that up in my Netflix queue.

I bought these two lenses in the past week:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4060/4364183190_904855938f.jpg

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM. $1302.
+ Hoya SUPER HMC Haze UV(0) - Filter - UV - 77 mm. $57.
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro. $519.
I've been waiting a long time to replace my 18-55mm kit lens that came with my XTi and man, what an upgrade. The 24-70 will definitely be my walk-around lens from hereon out. I actually used it quite a bit this weekend and thought it was a bit bulky/heavy at first. After a day of carrying around, I find it just to be perfect. As for the 100mm, I'm using that mostly for taking pictures of my aquarium.

Sample picture of the 24-70mm in action. My cousin in the midst of tackling me:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4036/4364187724_fa23195b47_o.jpg
Here are two sample pictures with the 100mm.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4069/4361015559_50ddf62035_o.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4023/4361757196_5f7aff7324_o.jpg
Just for reference. The first picture up there consists a colony of zoanthids. Each of those polyps are the size of a pencil eraser. I think I can get closer...

And more pick-ups:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4008/4363494675_f3597f92cf_o.jpg

Mother Earth. Blu-Ray. $31.
Baraka. Blu-Ray. Free.
Galapagos. Blu-Ray. Free.
A Game of Thrones. George R.R. Martin. Free.

I was running out of nature docs to watch, so I purchased the Mother Earth 5-disc Blu-Ray set. My special lady friend knew I ran out of nature docs to watch, so she bought me Baraka and Galapagos for Valentine's. She also bought me A Game of Thrones. Gives me something to read at work.

WOW! The quality of those pictures is <
freya.gif
>magnificent! </
freya.gif
>*

I just finished Valkyrie Profile a couple of weeks ago...

Alpha_eX

Ah man, the promo pics make those Skywalker shoes look like a brown/orange leather, was going to try get a pair but now I won't bother.

NewFresh

Where to begin.....

Well started off with a surprise from mother nature
100_1553.jpg

and to keep busy while trapped i had these
100_1585.jpg

100_1580.jpg

100_1579.jpg

Gamestop didn't have the cover for Alien Hominid so i made one.
100_1578.jpg

And then some valentines day treats from my gf
100_1586.jpg

100_1581.jpg

100_1575.jpg

100_1576.jpg

Eat'N Park cookies are so good...

TomServo

r9qrs4.jpg

HP Mini 311

Been looking for a good netbook / CULV for six months now. Saw this on sale at Office Depot for $295 (they said it was discontinued???), couldn't pass it up. Have another gig of RAM coming in from Newegg for $7 after rebate+shipping.

Would have preferred Windows 7, but that would have meant spending $500+

Pick-ups from the girlfriend for v-day. I think I'll keep her around!
DSC_0607.png

-
DSC_0245.png

-
I also purchased this amazing shirt during our v-day vaca. It's hard to find Disney apparel that isn't kiddy. Even most of the D28 stuff is borderline embarrassing.
DSC_0608.png

Super Mario Keychain set of 6
11aiayr.jpg

Thanks Prodigy095 from the "FREE to a good home" thread
8yfjio.jpg

N64 Controller Pak + Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
153m9m8.jpg

Alex Argento - Ego (great jazz fusion)
11vgxnc.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, you bought all of those?

I hope you do realize that's probably around 6000 hours of gameplay or something.

Edit - or is that arrow saying that you got the SC2 beta?

Rctdaemon

Stabby McSter said:
Where is everyone getting those Bayonetta tees? :(

Penny Arcade ran a Bayonetta contest starting in January. The first 500 people to play through the game on hard, take a picture of the credits, and send in their PSN ID or Gamertag as proof were sent a t-shirt. I'm not sure if any are left, but they haven't said anything if all of the shirts are gone. (Look through some of the older newsposts if you want to try)

Yoshichan said:
Wait, you bought all of those?

I hope you do realize that's probably around 6000 hours of gameplay or something.

Edit - or is that arrow saying that you got the SC2 beta?

I got an email saying I got into the first wave of the beta. The other games are just from the keys I entered when the new bnet site went up.

YagizY

Quote said:

-
I also purchased this amazing shirt during our v-day vaca. It's hard to find Disney apparel that isn't kiddy. Even most of the D28 stuff is borderline embarrassing.
B]

Where did you get this?! I must know!

isny

napkin dispenser
JEKKI said:
I haz pickup burger!!

Reading that note on the stickers makes me sad =(

Although, it kind of makes me mad too that someone would have to resort to doing that to make money as a deaf person...I hope it was a kid...

(Click for bigger.)

Sorry about the phone picture. Clearly, someone's doing it wrong: the box came wrapped holding 7 copies of Sammi Smith's Here Comes That Rainbow Again instead of 7 discs of Vice City love.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Every single color in that cover :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Quote said:

DSC_0608.png

That's a really awesome shirt!

Madds

AnkhWeasel said:

(Click for bigger.)

Sorry about the phone picture. Clearly, someone's doing it wrong: the box came wrapped holding 7 copies of Sammi Smith's Here Comes That Rainbow Again instead of 7 discs of Vice City love.

:lol

Sorry, man. Don't mean to laugh, but that is messed up. It came shrink-wrapped with those in there?

Frester

No pics since I have to pick them up at will call but I got some presale tickets for Coheed and Cambria w/Circa Survive on May 27th :D

Top Bottom