• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Often imitated... Never duplicated....

Also, sorry I'm late. Life is getting busier :(

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

350tfuq.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

---

Sorry I'm late with this thread guys!

Here's what I got in MAY!

254091_10150195073123883_507353882_7156471_8069665_n.jpg

251095_10150191950758883_507353882_7120653_4233425_n.jpg

248478_10150189475503883_507353882_7098757_4475128_n.jpg

Anth0ny

Madwolf said:
Gift from a friend
http://i.imgur.com/ZOuGL.jpg[/I MG][/QUOTE]

Your friend must love you [B]a lot.[/B]

That Fierce Deity is a dream item of mine. I have the Skull Kid figure.

Also, that N64 is awesome.

My monthly Japanese Car magazines/DVD...

DSC09040.jpg

Option/Option2 and Drift Tengoku magazines. D1 Street Legal DVD

And more car parts...

DSC09035.jpg

Works Bell short steering wheel hub and Works Bell quick steering wheel release

Madwolf

Anth0ny said:
Your friend must love you a lot.

That Fierce Deity is a dream item of mine. I have the Skull Kid figure.

Also, that N64 is awesome.

Fixing the n64 rite now he gave me the figure from his own collection.

kylej

Banned
gonna crosspost this from the 2 Wheel GAF thread. What can I say, I'm a proud parent. I want to show my new baby off.

'01 Ducati Monster with Termignoni Exhaust, Sargeant seat and a bunch of other mods.

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

my first Ducati. Starting June off with a bang.

HildyB

JackEtc said:
Unless I pick up a blowjob in June, definitely pick-up of the month for me:

V1byA.png

Grats. When did MD provisionals go vertical? Mine looked like a real one when I was a kid.. oh gawd, I'm old. That snuck up on me...

omgkitty

Picked up the Stanley Kubrick collection. Awesome set except for the fact that the blu-rays are literally wedged into the packaging and you can't get them out without leaving fingerprints.

5788184501_b130facfa6_b.jpg

JackEtc

HildyB said:
Grats. When did MD provisionals go vertical? Mine looked like a real one when I was a kid.. oh gawd, I'm old. That snuck up on me...
Thanks. They went vertical 2 or 3 years ago I believe. I think it's just to make it easier to distinguish if you are under 21.

isny

napkin dispenser
JackEtc said:

Five foot six and 110 pounds? You must really be a stick figure like in your photo, lol

Grats on the pickup though. Now you just need to buy a car and show it off here =D

JackEtc said:
Judging by the info on the license, BJ's are restricted for you. Hope you are not in the contest on the other side.

feel

Holy shit Kylej!! Such nice bike.

2n84etl.jpg

Amazon gave me this samsung 3D starter kit for free with the purchase of a samsung tv, it contains all the shrek movies in 3d and 2 pairs of glasses. Yeah, the glasses arrived fubar, so after contacting them about it, this arrived today from them free of charge:

ogigz9.jpg

2 pairs of waaaaaay better 3d glasses than what they owed me (well, they didn't actually owe me anything but..), plus for some reason they tossed in the box a 3d bluray disc and a small sample chocolate bar (not pictured, gave it to this girl at work that held on to the package until I arrived, it had a purple wrapping and a european name). I have 2 more pairs on the way from Samsung because of a voucher that was on the box of the tv, I'm almost sure the picture of the glasses in that voucher looked like these new comfy ones I got from amazon, I hope so.

And in an unrelated delivery:
oriekw.jpg

Jaroof

Heard this was kinda like Warioware, so I decided to give it a try..
I'm really just buying 3DS games to hold me over til Ocarina of Time >_o
2011-06-02025342.jpg

Got this for $40 while trying to find a copy of inFAMOUS 2 at my local Target... no luck ;_;
2011-06-02025318.jpg

And my new pair of Jordans came! :D

2011-06-02025235.jpg
2011-06-02025216.jpg

MacDee said:
Ordered this 6 months ago, Logitech finally got them back in stock;
[.IMG]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9897/photo36iw.jpg[/IMG]

Have you had a chance to use it? Having a clutch seems awesome for driving manual, as opposed to bumpers or just moving a stick, but is there any kind of feedback to help it feel natural? It looks great.

Blablurn

my biggest big pick up of the month is already there. its my trip to shanghai. arrived today, will stay till sunday.

1djcb.jpg

JackEtc

nastybastard said:
Judging by the info on the license, BJ's are restricted for you. Hope you are not in the contest on the other side.
LOL, this is a common joke between me and some friends. And yes, I am in the the contest, :lol
isny said:
Five foot six and 110 pounds? You must really be a stick figure like in your photo, lol

Grats on the pickup though. Now you just need to buy a car and show it off here =D
I'm actually pretty muscular for my size. Only a small amount of working out gets me muscles :D

and the car:
fFmbYl.jpg

5Mt0Jl.jpg

masterkajo

Letters said:
And in an unrelated delivery:
oriekw.jpg
Best video game and best TV series in one picture. I never thought so much awesome would fit together!! You sir are a very very lucky happy person now. That is a fact!

251466_10150198609046567_509196566_7640180_7107099_n.jpg

Nice removable cast for my fractured ankle! Only my birthday on friday aswell ahaha :(
255741_10150197886456567_509196566_7634079_5930526_n.jpg

DSCN1631.jpg

Taken up origami while my legs is busted and castlevania was cheap and I remembered liking the demo

Some more dreamcast games, going for a complete collection of US releases. Resident Evil 2 is up after I finish Shenmue II.

10c9d049.jpg

LOVED the demo for Fur Fighters when I was 13 (now 25), can't wait to actually play it!
23ba2dbe.jpg

JackEtc

TheBez said:
I made the same joke when we pulled in there and saw their selection. Then that car pulled in behind us from a mechanic taking it for a drive (that had just got it the day before). I fell in love.

I love the car. It's a 2007 VW Jetta 2.5, with aftermarket headlights, taillights, body kit, spoiler, GTi Grill, and bigger wheels (I think 19's). It's also got an A.W.E. Catback Exhaust on it, which sounds something like this(video doesn't have enough low notes to show it off though).

kylej said:
gonna crosspost this from the 2 Wheel GAF thread. What can I say, I'm a proud parent. I want to show my new baby off.

'01 Ducati Monster with Termignoni Exhaust, Sargeant seat and a bunch of other mods.

my first Ducati. Starting June off with a bang.

Congrats, very nice bike indeed. And since you're showing it off here, I might as well do the same with my new exhaust system:

Termignoni's for my Monster 1100s!

28qyb2c.jpg

iznrzp.jpg

Hawthorns

I managed to get my hands on a super cheap multiregion Bluray player, just came in the mail.

IMG_1152.jpg

Here it is next to my PS3 and playing the previously unplayable Soul Eater bluray (from the May thread)

IMG_1159.jpg

Only problem is that now I'm going to end up spending so much money on Region 1 blurays haha.

suikodan

Pickups from May
9d36103a.jpg

Witcher 2 CE: I love all the content event though it took nearly a week before I could play the game without any problems.

Portal 2: Got it for 29$ minus 20$ in RZ certificates.

Vanquish: Got it at a closing BBV store. I wanted to buy the game below the 30$ mark and I got it. Very fun game.

For June, Duke Nukem Forever is the first thing I see

Yazuka

Hawthorns said:
I managed to get my hands on a super cheap multiregion Bluray player, just came in the mail.
So they exist? Is it multiregion for blu-ray movies then or dvds? Perhaps both?
Gotta keep a look out for this then.

Hawthorns

^ Yeah this particular one used to be sold in HMV here in the UK. I believe it's long discontinued though. All you need to do is punch in a code on the remote to change the region for bluray. It was DVD region free right out of the box.

Hawthorns

I've yet to put in a DVD I'm afraid but I'll try it out soon and get back to you. The picture quality is on par with the PS3 as far as I can tell.

It's quiet yeah, you get some disc spinning noise initially but that's all, I can't hear it at all right now.

As for price, I got it for £41 'used' from eBay UK, though it looks totally brand new.

Mike.83

It's my brothers birthday on Saturday, so picked this vinyl for him:
ic6KtW.JPG

Got myself some new jeans:
ic6M2e.JPG

Yes, that is Christmas wrapping paper in the background, it's all I had in the house to wrap my brothers birthday present up.

Top Bottom