• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

5 months down. 7 to go. How is your 2013 shaping up so far? It's almost Summer!

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

jbiEFjdBhYlIgU.jpg

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

---

Here's what I got in May 2013!

a1577cc6b6b011e2bb0922000a1fbf4a_7.jpg

9db08030b9ef11e2802422000a9e014e_7.jpg

cb79e45cbc5111e2bd8822000a9d0df8_7.jpg

99842dfebea411e2b41222000a1f8cb0_7.jpg

b3621e62c01511e2a73522000a1faf50_7.jpg

83f2eab6c02f11e2bfa222000ae904e2_7.jpg

94ba2864c0a711e2bf4822000a1ddbe2_7.jpg

b26d7306c0ee11e29c6622000a1f9e4a_7.jpg

1ddd9782c1d611e2908222000a9f146a_7.jpg

73e7bce6c74b11e2b4f522000ae908a3_7.jpg

92c8dfbcc8d311e2a15422000a9f19a4_7.jpg

have a pretty awesome pick up to post later, have to take some pics of it first. Been awhile since i posted in one of these threads, glad to see they are still going strong.

edit: here is a pick up I have been working on for about 2.5 years. This our 4 bed, 3 bath house. We spent the last month painting every inch of the interior, and replaced the carpet throughout, and installed a new appliances in the kitchen.

15hppd.jpg

8z4f9s.jpg

jggqdi.jpg

2mwdxj4.jpg

those are the only 2 rooms with the painted stripe, they are right next to each other.

Seik

Banned
Got this earlier today from Ebay.

My first and probably my best pickup of the month...

3MaZIcW.jpg

And probably the last because of it's god damn price. My wallet is sad, no regrets though.

Wubby

Actually got in May...

Like new (maybe even new) for $10

1/72 Apollo 11 Saturn V rocket. This model kit is MASSIVE. Biggest kit in my collection. Will be ove 5' tall when built.

Netto-kun

Not shown: Some games from Wii U/3DS eShop (Super Metroid, Kirby's Adventure, Oracle of Ages/Seasons).

Bought a Wii U Premium since it had a price drop at the local electronics retailer. Picked NSMBU since none of the shops had Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
2013-05-07-180824-1.jpg

PC version from the recent Amazon sale. But I need to work on Demon's Souls before this starting on this one.
2013-05-19-204048.jpg

Failed with putting the screen protectors on gamepad. So I have to order new ones later.
2013-05-23-183112.jpg

Found these from a bomba bin in another local electronics retailer.
2013-05-23-183304.jpg

Finally bought volume 21/23/24 and filled the hole in my Slam Dunk collection.
2013-05-26-211627.jpg

Ni no Kuni from a sale with free shipping. Friend helped me with buying DQV PS2 and Gyakuten Kenji 2 a couple of months ago.
2013-05-31-162111.jpg

Bought Sora no Kiseki FC & SC HD several months ago. But friend (another one who's living in Japan) didn't have time to send them over until recently. I didn't plan to get Revengeance just yet, but couldn't resist the 2700 yen bomba price from Amazon Japan.
2013-05-31-162029.jpg

Yeah, playing this and mostly playing this (and a little bit of Apollo Justice).
2013-05-31-162141.jpg

Zero no Kiseki 2013 calendar & folder. Calendar and Pikmin tote bag fron Club Nintendo Japan.

20cent

Banned

Picked up P4G in May. Dunno exactly why, I usually don't like playing RPG, especially J-RPG.

Since then I couldn't really touch any 3DS games...after 65 hours spent playing P4G.

Went a bit nuts with the lens purchasing last month.

Got a fast 50mm equivalent for my NEX

635E7qD.jpg

Which I used to take a pic of my other lens which I got from the canon refurbished store, on a lucky break. The Canon 70-200mm f2.8 II

QFEEvk8.jpg

Then there's the Carry Speed FS-Pro camera sling that I carry it all with.
S7j40bs.jpg

I used it to replace my generic one, since I didn't trust it with all this gear.

Oh yea the chair is new (and comfy as hell) too

Shady859

Always browse rarely post in here but was moving phone pics to PC this morning so thought i'd share a few things I got this past week / last weekend.

Not pictured: 3600 Xbox Live points for $15 from Microsoft store fiasco :)
BeeBee
52013.jpg

A new challenger arrives....
theymeet.jpg

Glock 19 Gen 4 bunch of target stuff as well not that you can find ammo.
g19g4.jpg

New kicks: Nike Sweet Classics
613ig.jpg

Since it was the last day posted there and it's my first time posting in a pick up thread, I'll re-post this. It took me a while to get these each for as cheap as possible. White 360 is the only one missing now.

Shady859

First time posting in these threads :D

This came today:

Bought it on ebay, taking time to get used to it though.

That's a good looking stick I have the WWE wrasslin' sticks for ps3, 360 because i'm a cheapskate. They definitely raise your game in shmups and fighters once you get used to it.

Stuart444

That's a good looking stick I have the WWE wrasslin' sticks for ps3, 360 because i'm a cheapskate. They definitely raise your game in shmups and fighters once you get used to it.

That one was going to be my second choice of stick due to cheapness XD.

Having trouble doing quarter circle for special moves on the stick so yeah, gonna need some practice (stuff like in SSFIV, Ryus special/ultimate moves and stuff)

3MaZIcW.jpg

And probably the last because of it's god damn price. My wallet is sad, no regrets though.

Haha, probably your best pickup for the year.

Did you post your impressions in the Saturn or SHMUP threads yet?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

3MaZIcW.jpg

Yo, lemme stop you:

That is your best pickup of the month.

So we just got back from our quick trip to honnolulu.
I have a ton of gaming stuff coming in I bought for the saturn and SFC but I thought I'd share a snippet of the trip. All in all, it was really good. Got to swim with dolphins and eat some amazing food as well as ball out of

HTBCeu1l.jpg

0DvSCf5l.jpg

cldQhFZl.jpg

^ stayed across the street just because of marukame udon. Not better than in Tokyo, but for a state, best udon outside of Cali

9GoSkXPl.jpg

aEVaIRMl.jpg

VlNRDLHl.jpg

hSlkPdol.jpg

^ tax free so I figured why not. Been wanting one for a while and the staff was very helpful

I'll post gaming pics later this weekend.

javac

Got this over the last few months but didn't have time to post them but better late then never right?
Evangelion 3.33 Blu-ray with soundtrack and Rei Ayanami mouse pad.
NtHe27Z.jpg

Arrietty Blu-ray
1K3i5z5.jpg

Nausicaä Blu-ray
DOOljUr.jpg

Whisper of the heart Blu-ray
FPjZSUT.jpg

White Frost Samasung Galaxy S4.
H8duFGv.jpg

milkham

Which I used to take a pic of my other lens which I got from the canon refurbished store, on a lucky break. The Canon 70-200mm f2.8 II

QFEEvk8.jpg

Then there's the Carry Speed FS-Pro camera sling that I carry it all with.

I used it to replace my generic one, since I didn't trust it with all this gear.

Oh yea the chair is new (and comfy as hell) too

I got that from canon refurb as well, worst part was the sales tax on it :(
i love it though.

Those straps with quick release buckles make me uneasy, I worry about them breaking and also about dbags who might see it and just release it for kicks

Vexxan

Joining the 3DS ranks! Got Animal Crossing ordered but until then I might pick up Fire Emblem, everyone says it's great and I enjoyed the demo so will probably get that soon.

Shit, son. Nice.

Haha, thanks.

I got that from canon refurb as well, worst part was the sales tax on it :(
i love it though.

Those straps with quick release buckles make me uneasy, I worry about them breaking and also about dbags who might see it and just release it for kicks

Yea, that sales tax hit me unexpectedly. I saw it and was like 'wtf?!', but I swallowed it anyways since it was still better than retail.

I've never even thought of anyone releasing my straps like that. The day someone does that is the day someone goes to the hospital...

That being said, the Carry Speed has a really good 3-point latch system.

04OjuZs.jpg

YARD SALE HAUL

Nes games 1$ each
Lunar 2 guide (is it valuable or something?) 10$
Gamecube games 5$ each
Bluerays (not a scratch on them, surprisingly) 2.50$ each

BOTEC

This was not how I wanted to start off the month of June, but National Console Support has failed me.

Gu9Lhrq.jpg

I've had these games for years, but they were the Japanese Dreamcast versions, which don't have the English dialog option like most other SNK releases. So I decided to complete my English language KOF set. 2000 is still pretty cool, 2001 is a colossal piece of shit though.

TheGamer

I picked up a few of these items in May, but never had a chance to post them.

I finally got the console I always wanted when I was a kid. It's a good start to my Gamecube collection.

I also got some reading material and guides:

Also, some of my favorite movies on Blu-ray:

Artorias

Banned
Just a few things to watch and a skylander I've been wanting. My old copy of Mononoke started skipping during one of the final scenes. It's so weird to have one that actually says Disney now instead of Miramax.

Top Bottom