• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Today's pickups:
DC8973F8-7617-43F5-9E11-742E190AEB77-2143-0000014D3304C42D_zps2a1870fb.jpg

I had one of the "Original Gummi Bears" from America once. They taste totally different from the ones I can get here in Germany at the official factory-store in my hometown.

Here are my pickups from last month:

b6E4JdW.jpg

Oyasumi Punpun 01
Ikigami 04
I am a Hero 04
Billy Bat 03+04

Sethos

Banned
My 55" Panasonic is gathering dust because I spent a majority of my time in front of the PC. So, I decided to get a 32" Sony KDL-32W653A which will act as my secondary monitor / console screen. Obviously it had to be Sony to compliment the upcoming PS4.

12h3ud5.png

My 55" Panasonic is gathering dust because I spent a majority of my time in front of the PC. So, I decided to get a 32" Sony KDL-32W653A which will act as my secondary monitor / console screen. Obviously it had to be Sony to compliment the upcoming PS4.

12h3ud5.png

Cool. Been thinking about adding a 30-ish TV for my PC gaming. How's the viewing angle/resolution/PQ at this "dekstop" distance? Any advice on what to look for?

Sethos

Banned
Cool. Been thinking about adding a 30-ish TV for my PC gaming. How's the viewing angle/resolution/PQ at this "dekstop" distance? Any advice on what to look for?

Obviously being a 1080p image, you won't see those crystal clear images as you would a normal PC monitor due to the lower pixel density. However mine will mainly be running movies or webTV, so I won't notice it that much. So the further away you can get it, the better really, depending on use. It also has the added bonus of being able to output sound normally with consoles, meaning I can get it through speakers or plug in my headset -- Then I don't have to invest in all sorts of fancy boxes and whatnot.

That exact Sony TV came highly recommended ( Part of their 2013 line ) in the 32" range, superb quality, good viewing angles and a very nice design plus a small bezel. However it does cost a bit more. It's hard to find a good quality 32" because that's just at the threshold of not getting all those new, fancy image enhancing technology so a lot of the 32" TVs and below are a bit so-so, hence why I got the Sony.

SpyGuy239

Bauer91

Obviously being a 1080p image, you won't see those crystal clear images as you would a normal PC monitor due to the lower pixel density. However mine will mainly be running movies or webTV, so I won't notice it that much. So the further away you can get it, the better really, depending on use. It also has the added bonus of being able to output sound normally with consoles, meaning I can get it through speakers or plug in my headset -- Then I don't have to invest in all sorts of fancy boxes and whatnot.

That exact Sony TV came highly recommended ( Part of their 2013 line ) in the 32" range, superb quality, good viewing angles and a very nice design plus a small bezel. However it does cost a bit more. It's hard to find a good quality 32" because that's just at the threshold of not getting all those new, fancy image enhancing technology so a lot of the 32" TVs and below are a bit so-so, hence why I got the Sony.

How's the input lag? If it's anything like the high-end W905 (8ms compared to lag-free CRT) it should be one hell of a gaming TV.

Sylver

Banned
Pre-ordered The Last Of Us digital edition. :D
5drhEZV.png

Sony now release Killzone 2, Killzone 3 SP, God of War 3, GoW: Ascension digital.

p8iy2bp.jpg

Hori PS Vita grip (can't show attached since my Vita is my camera) and a Deathscythe Hell EW model kit. Time to get building on this sucker.

I had one of the "Original Gummi Bears" from America once. They taste totally different from the ones I can get here in Germany at the official factory-store in my hometown.

What throws me off consistently about the Haribo Gold-Bears is that red = raspberry and green = strawberry whereas here in the US, red = cherry, green = lime. Still, I usually grab them for a change of pace compared to the usual Target/7-11 versions I normally pick up.

Beth Cyra

p8iy2bp.jpg

Hori PS Vita grip (can't show attached since my Vita is my camera) and a Deathscythe Hell EW model kit. Time to get building on this sucker.

Just grabbed the Clear and Chrome version of this (D-Hell). it's a cool little kit, but it's so bad comapred to current HG releases it almost hurts.

Sagitario

Found this while taking a walk downtown. At $100 MXN it was a pretty good deal, but it rang at $50 so even better. It has been like 8 years since I´ve last played FFIV, so I thought I´d give it a go since it is actually pretty short.

ET4bW2zl.jpg

I never find deals like this at my locals Gamers store :(

Grief.exe

12h3ud5.png

What headphones are those?

May I direct you to: http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-discussion/

1/6 figures is a great hobby =D (albeit a very very expensive one ): )

Also picked up one more GTX 560Ti => I wanted to dabble in my first SLI experience and it's been great so far. PC sounds like a Jet Engine now though!

919887_10151356923645426_1147765396_o.jpg

Thinking of picking up another 23" LED screen as well.

I have the same random GPU set up

MSI Twin Frozr + EVGA 560 Ti

sikkinixx

8941493957_96f30a6972_c.jpg

Local Salvation Army had a nice rotary phone and the lady liked that it was pink. Was $69 (rofl, crazy high price) but marked to $9 "AS-IS". At first I thought it was the crack on the dial (which kinda sucks) but the plug end was borked, and it wouldn't ring nor dial. And yeah... the ear piece was clogged with ear wax.

So some cleaning, rewiring the whole thing and a new wall cord it works fine n dandy.

Yes Boss!

Care package from Amiami arrived. I took advantage of their monthly consolidation service so shipping works out to only $50.

Fighter. With D&D getting a disc, I went for this:

Ikaruga plastic model Kit for my gameroom:

Shooting Love 10th. Most anticipated shooter this month:

SDOJ:

And my Kongiku. She is very cute. Got get her a battery to light her up. Fifth figure!

This beauty just arrived:

i7DeDQC9SWBSR.jpg

Super Metroid on the Wii U was my first Metroid, and I absolutely loved it. I'm planning on picking up Zero Mission and Fusion as well.

some more pickups have started trickling in...

ijbBwItl.jpg

24UsIjol.jpg

TV was a few bucks and the SFC was $30 complete

bPi8ETll.jpg

For MarkMan to be jelly of....JK (I think he got this release...)

JulianImp

I came across Epic Mickey 2 on the last days of May, and I picked it up because I don't have that many multiplayer games. I don't have a second nunchuk, so I might buy get one soon.

Today, I went to a second game retail store, where I found Pandora's Tower, which I knew I wanted because it seemed like a good game, as well as the mechanics of generating constant tension between going out to get supplies and returning to your base to stave off Elena's curse, and Lost in Shadow, which I wanted to try out simply because I'm really interested in the concept of a platform game where the characters and platforms are shadows projected onto the environment, and the game mechanics they use alongside it.

I also bought some rechargeable AA and AAA batteries for my Wiimotes and other devices, since the ones I have look like they're slowly running out of juice faster and faster. Luckily, I'll probably be able to get my hands on some of those sweet official rechargeable Wiimote battery packs later on (alongside a WiiU at around the end of the year, hopefully).

My Wii library now sits at 29 games (and hopefully counting). Now that I have a job, I can finally buy and experience games I wouldn't have played otherwise (which is why I nearly always bought first-party games in the previous console generations). So far, Resident Evil 4 has been really fun (except for the "shack full of ganado" part, where I got owned several times before finally managed to survive the assault), and it's the first time since forever when I actually have a console game backlog. I often played my old games over and over simply because I didn't have anything else I could play, but now I finally have enough variety to choose the game I want to play depending on my mood.

I'll probably go and check out a third games store soon... hopefully they'll have some good Wii games there as well (and finally finding a DS game that isn't Lego <whatever> would be great, too)!

GulAtiCa

Good choice on Lost in Shadow & Pandora's Tower. I've only played maybe half of it so far, but I've really enjoyed it.

AlexBasch

Was browsing around in a second-hand game shop and found this.

Place was filled with COD's, Assassin's Creeds and whatnot, so this was in the bargain bin for approximately $8. Can't be that bad.

Aptos

3DS XL and some games. Loving the system so far! Also got a Dynaflex PowerBall to exercise the wrist (gaming's been taking its toll)...

3kQHKVZl.jpg

Picked up a Tiki with a Titan. Gotta love that PC gaming! It's got a 3770K @ 4.2 GHz, 16GB 1866MHz RAM, 512GB Crucial M4 SSD, 2TB Western Digital Green HD, and a GTX Titan.

LbXruV6l.jpg

AVMdLgIl.jpg

yixnPjal.jpg

And a new puppy from the animal rescue! His name is Moose.

QrCJU0Yl.jpg

Gskyace

Bought the best games I've played in my childhood.
Yup, most of my games on PS and PS2 are Gundam.
While R4 is so amazing, my first racing game I remember.
Char's Attack is a new one with plastic box broken, and everything else is second hand.

Just waiting for The Last of Us now.
Will keep update.

JEKKI

damnation I wanna go to Germany now!!!

Anna Kendrick was there, I saw it on her instagram.

she is mai waifu!!

Draper

Char's Attack is a new one with plastic box broken, and everything else is second hand.

Will keep update.

Wow, I am so damn jealous of all that The last of Us stuff. You lucky man. :(

maverick40

Will keep update.

How did you get the Last of Us stuff?

The_Monk

It's been a while since my last pick-up post but times are hard so I need to keep on saving where I can.

Got a PS Vita Case, I do not go outside with my Vita so I decided to get a Clean/Simple Case instead of going for more protection.

7rcT1dIl.jpg

JulianImp

Just picked up this little lot from the local charity shop, well happy!

Amazing, everything appears to be in really good condition!

Also, is the SP front or backlit? I really like how my frontlit unit can be played even with outdoor lighting unlike my backlit DSes, but I'm not sure if the backlit some any advantages over it that I'm not aware of.

Top Bottom