• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

roytheone

Dont Forget the Best Part.

You will recieve a role pm from your GM before the game starts. That is usualy 24~48 hours before the game starts.

The excitement of seeing the yellow message icon lit up, followed by the crushing disappointment when you read ordinary town!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The excitement of seeing the yellow message icon lit up, followed by the crushing disappointment when you read ordinary town!

I like being ordinary town. You live longer, and that's the best ability a good player can have.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like being ordinary town. You live longer, and that's the best ability a good player can have.

I claimed ordinary town once. I got lynched for it.

Don't believe the crustacean's lies.

Palmer_v1

Being Ordinary Town gives you freedom and shows who the best players are. If you're crutching on power roles to do your scum hunting, you have failed.

Haly

I'm crutching on better players to do my scum hunting.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just trying to maintain a great shitpost ratio.

Is a great ratio one with a high amount of posts per shit or one with a high amount of shits per post?

Palmer_v1

Is a great ratio one with a high amount of posts per shit or one with a high amount of shits per post?

Shits per post, weighted against your ability to survive. The dream for Cabot is to:

A. Survive an entire game without having contributed a thing.
B. Not be the worst doctor(s) in GAFia history.

cabot

Shits per post, weighted against your ability to survive. The dream for Cabot is to:

A. Survive an entire game without having contributed a thing.
B. Not be the worst doctor(s) in GAFia history.

It's gonna happen, Palmer. One day.

Well, A. I'm less confident on B.

Sophia

You all make Ordinary Town sound so fun! Maybe someday I'll get to try it.

Ordinary Town actually is pretty fun in it's own ways. You have no extra obligation to stay alive, so you have the ability to put yourself on the line without any worry. It's also much more ideal for an ordinary townie to get into the area of potential lynch candidates, because you have nothing to lose fighting back and even if you fail, you still helped town win.

That being said, after five games of either ordinary town or the closest thing to it (Yay passive roleblocker. Twice) I'd prefer to be something else. :p

Kyanrute

I see others too enjoy the bliss that is Ordinary Town. It truly is the best role and I myself enjoy it greatly as well. With that in mind...

He
Vampire/Persona/Pop/Playstation
GMT+2

Sorian

Banned
Damn, all these boring white breads at the top of the page. Town vig is the best role, I've already proven more than capable enough at both talking a lynch in the exact direction I want it to go and having ace reads. Town vig has the added benefit of also letting me take someone out back at night and killing them without all the extra work on convincing others.

Edit: inb4 I called others boring white bread and someone flips it on me for being a 50ppp loser.

Damn, all these boring white breads at the top of the page. Town vig is the best role, I've already proven more than capable enough at both talking a lynch in the exact direction I want it to go and having ace reads. Town vig has the added benefit of also letting me take someone out back at night and killing them without all the extra work on convincing others.

Edit: inb4 I called others boring white bread and someone flips it on me for being a 50ppp loser.

Don't need to be a vig to do that these days, just fake claim cop.

Swamped

Banned
I was a vig one, it was indeed super fun. But ordinary town is great too, GAMBITS GALORE.

We need more sign ups! Do we need to PM old players?

Bronx-Man

Banned
That never works
1038.gif

nin1000

Banned
Pronoun: He
Preferred game(s): Pop
Time-zone: Gmt +1

Vanilla Town is the most fun ( right after town vigi, since you can take down those that suck ) since you can let loose. Even though i have been playing this game the wrong way apparently since i try to survive :3

Being Ordinary Town gives you freedom and shows who the best players are. If you're crutching on power roles to do your scum hunting, you have failed.

Ordinary villager is my favorite role

How typical of the OLD MONEY players of our Mafia: The Party Game community to continue to spread this kind of advice that pretends to be lifehacking, but in reality is rhetoric only meant to keep players who are assigned terrible Ordinary Roles, in their "place"

"Be happy with having the worst Role in the game! Your life depends on it!"

"The worst Role in the game is really the best because being the worst is being free! What could be better than freedom?! And since you're free, you don't deserve the fruits of the better Roles' work! To yearn is to fail, to earn is to win!"

"I'd be happy if I had the worst Role in the game, so everyone should be too! Conform, new players, conform!"

Let me tell you, dear NEW: <PLAYER_NAME>; should you ever find yourself in a game of Mafia: The Party Game here within our GAFia community, beware the TRIFECTA OF LIARS and THEIR LIES. Do not listen to the ancients. Do not heed them. Beware!

THEY are not the Power. The Power is FUN?

The Power Role is YOU!?

All Roles are all YOU are all:

Haly

Trying to survive is a scumtell.

Ourobolus

Banned
Pronoun: He
Preferred game(s): Pop
Time-zone: Gmt +1

Vanilla Town is the most fun ( right after town vigi, since you can take down those that suck ) since you can let loose. Even though i have been playing this game the wrong way apparently since i try to survive :3
Oh please. There's nothing more satisfying than finally being killed and you can relax

Palmer_v1

How typical of the OLD MONEY players of our Mafia: The Party Game community to continue to spread this kind of advice that pretends to be lifehacking, but in reality is rhetoric only meant to keep players who are assigned terrible Ordinary Roles, in their "place"

"Be happy with having the worst Role in the game! Your life depends on it!"

"The worst Role in the game is really the best because being the worst is being free! What could be better than freedom?! And since you're free, you don't deserve the fruits of the better Roles' work! To yearn is to fail, to earn is to win!"

"I'd be happy if I had the worst Role in the game, so everyone should be too! Conform, new players, conform!"

Let me tell you, dear NEW: <PLAYER_NAME>; should you ever find yourself in a game of Mafia: The Party Game here within our GAFia community, beware the TRIFECTA OF LIARS and THEIR LIES. Do not listen to the ancients. Do not heed them. Beware!

THEY are not the Power. The Power is FUN?

The Power Role is YOU!?

All Roles are all YOU are all:

I would never tell a lie. That's why I'd be terrible scum. Nope, just an Ordinary Townie every time, doing ordinary townie things.

Fireblend

Banned
It sucks that I won't be able to play in any of the main season games since I'll be travelling most of December, but have fun everyone and welcome new players! If you want to read good previous mafia games I recommend the ones in which I win. They exist.

Top Bottom