• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Since November 2006 <3...

This is GAMING! This month is going to be insane.

Final Fantasy XIII
Yakuza 3
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
Mega Man 10
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
God of War III
Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City (PS3)
Hokuto Musou (Fist of the North Star Warriors!)
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
BlazBlue Portable
Cave Story
Red Steel 2

And the StarCraft II Beta is going on...

2vttkxe.png

Special thanks to HUELEN10 for the new banner! (If anyone wants to make a new banner for this month, you're more than welcome to do so) !

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

200g12c.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:
Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

200g12c.jpg

Here are my favorite pick ups from last month:

(Wow it was a really slow month for me, lol)...

4331078341_bd818171d4.jpg

4231212507_14c4d3294a.jpg

I'm going to Japan on Thursday, so expect a lot more cool stuff!

I got some new shoes too, does anyone care to see that? T.T

ibu

Just a re-cap of last months pick-ups for me.

Heavy Rain Collectors Edition

2hx3fur.jpg

2qtft7b.jpg

And my new blackberry upgrade. The Blackberry Bold 9700 I have been using a blackberry for around 3 years now. I have considered switching to an iPhone but still I have for some reason or other stuck with the Blackberry brand, reliable, reasonable cost and does all the functions I need (Email, Twitter, Blogging, BBM and other Messenger clients).

2hheoet.jpg

This month I will probably pick up FFXIII and God of War and maybe a new Netbook all being well.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
:lol Eventually these threads are going to start popping up mid-month.

Not much for me in February...Just Arkham Asylum from the GFWL sale.

Stuff from this week, since I haven't posted in a pick-up thread in a while:

2q3x1s4.jpg

k3ae4y.jpg

29esiuq.jpg

- Lights' The Listening
- Flight of the Conchords' I Told You I Was Freaky
- Alkaline Trio's This Addiction

- Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths Blu-ray with Owlman figure.

- Muppets in Space DVD

U2NUMB

My 2 most anticipated games got no love in the OP... Battlefield BC 2 and The Show....

Tuesday is going to be amazing.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
U2NUMB said:
My 2 most anticipated games got no love in the OP... Battlefield BC 2 and The Show....

Tuesday is going to be amazing.

I was going to say the same thing. Why isn't Battlefield Bad Company 2 not on the list? That is my most anticipated pick-up in a loooong time.

Yazuka

Since the stuff I've ordered in the end of February still hasn't arrived, I post some of the stuff I got in January and February.

Finally got myself a HDTV in January. One of my best purchases of the year already.
Its a Philips 32inch tv, which I'm very pleased with. Sorry for the dark picture.

And then there where some game pickups also.

Bii

I didn't have too many pick-ups in February as I was saving my dough for these bad boys:

4396605255_b7b41f0e6b_o.jpg

Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L and Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens. These two are easily my favorites compared to the smaller things I bought last month (microSD cards, Blu-Rays, and digital downloads). And here are my first pick-ups for March (well, end of February since it's only 8:30pm here in Cali):

4395831824_54bd9b2c2a_o.jpg

1600 Microsoft Points x2. $32.
Had only 650 points left on my account and was in need of some more; good thing Amazon had each of these cards for ~$16 and grabbed two before they were sold out. I had thought the Penny Arcade games were $5/400 points since that's how much they are on Steam, but they're not. :( It would've been nice to play it on a couch but I guess I'll settle for the Steam versions. I'll definitely use this for Perfect Dark and...well, I don't know. I skimmed through the XBLA store and nothing caught my eye that I didn't have already.

4395849700_674304db1e_o.jpg

Fashion for Haiti Tee. The Council of Fashion Designers of America Foundation, Inc. Men's 1 D (Small). $25
Gardener Canvas Slip-On Shoes. Ralph Lauren. Grey/Blue. $55
I really love the design of this shirt. Although this is a small, it fits like a medium.
I forgot to post the shoes last month as I bought them in February. So here they are.

4395064421_917f85915e_o.jpg

Panzer Dragoon Orta. Xbox. $6.
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1. PS2. $2.
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. PS2. $2.
Grimgrimoire. PS2. $11.
Bought all these from Mr. Spinnington. Didn't have a chance to take a picture of them until now. The only game I've played so far from the bunch is Battle Coliseum. Pretty fun game but I won't be getting too deep into it.

I really want a PS3 Femme Fatale Stick but they're sold out at the Gameshark store (and to get a free keychain with the order ends today). :(
MarkMan, do you know if they'll restock them any time soon?

Loxley

I'm really enjoying Ballad so far, I'm only about an hour into my first playthrough of Fallout 3, and Left 4 Dead 2 is- as the guys at Giantbomb would likely put it- "One Left 4 Dead-ass game".

Tokubetsu

Bii said:
I didn't have too many pick-ups in February as I was saving my dough for these bad boys:

4396605255_b7b41f0e6b_o.jpg

Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L and Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens. These two are easily my favorites compared to the smaller things I bought last month (microSD cards, Blu-Rays, and digital downloads). And here are my first pick-ups for March (well, end of February since it's only 8:30pm here in Cali):

4395831824_54bd9b2c2a_o.jpg

1600 Microsoft Points x2. $32.
Had only 650 points left on my account and was in need of some more; good thing Amazon had each of these cards for ~$16 and grabbed two before they were sold out. I had thought the Penny Arcade games were $5/400 points since that's how much they are on Steam, but they're not. :( It would've been nice to play it on a couch but I guess I'll settle for the Steam versions. I'll definitely use this for Perfect Dark and...well, I don't know. I skimmed through the XBLA store and nothing caught my eye that I didn't have already.

4395849700_674304db1e_o.jpg

Fashion for Haiti Tee. The Council of Fashion Designers of America Foundation, Inc. Men's 1 D (Small). $25
Gardener Canvas Slip-On Shoes. Ralph Lauren. Grey/Blue. $55
I really love the design of this shirt. Although this is a small, it fits like a medium.
I forgot to post the shoes last month as I bought them in February. So here they are.

4395064421_917f85915e_o.jpg

Panzer Dragoon Orta. Xbox. $6.
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1. PS2. $2.
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. PS2. $2.
Grimgrimoire. PS2. $11.
Bought all these from Mr. Spinnington. Didn't have a chance to take a picture of them until now. The only game I've played so far from the bunch is Battle Coliseum. Pretty fun game but I won't be getting too deep into it.

I really want a PS3 Femme Fatale Stick but they're sold out at the Gameshark store (and to get a free keychain with the order ends today). :(
MarkMan, do you know if they'll restock them any time soon?

I want those pants :lol :lol :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
25730_330914073882_507353882_3618699_2000036_n.jpg

Yo, this shit was from 1989! I loved these these cards when I was a kid!

My daughter got the best card/sticker out of the packs so far...

4396817709_48dcd1672d.jpg

4391913714_e6ac5cc43c.jpg

4396818103_9e3cf38d55.jpg

4397583092_b38c2fc97c.jpg

PEZIX

Banned
MarkMan said:

Final Fantasy XIII
Yakuza 3
Mega Man 10
God of War III
BlazBlue Portable
Cave Story
Red Steel 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2

And the StarCraft II Beta is going on...

(ahem):D

jaydogg691

MarkMan said:
Since November 2006 <3...

Final Fantasy XIII
Yakuza 3
Mega Man 10
God of War III
BlazBlue Portable
Cave Story
Red Steel 2
And new PS3 Slims from the recent PS3 Massacre

Negator

Picked up a new TV stand from someone off Craigslist for $60, pretty awesome deal, almost like it's brand new.

spkc3m.jpg

Also received half my order from Amazon (What could the other half be? :D

sgj3ag.jpg

And here's some other miscellaneous stuff that I collected at the end of February, totally got lucky on the Baneslayer. Also 2000 Wii points for Megaman 9 and 10.

29ledco.jpg
ff758j.jpg

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Just got Tekken 6 and Valkyria Chronicles...surrrreee would be nice to be playing them right now....yuppppp...sure would....:lol *cries*

so3fkk.jpg

Made myself a nice purchase that ended up being far better than I'd even imagined. Tritton AX720 Surround sound headphones w/headset that works with PS3 and 360. Yes they're wired but for $130 they're fantastic! Uses digital optical input so you can use it for many many things, though I had to buy a little analog to digital adapter so that I could use it for my Wii as well. They have great sound quality and great sense of surround sound. The only complaint would be that the bass is sometimes weak but that's being picky because the bass isn't bad at all.
2rcbb05.jpg

2mgsivc.jpg

It has a usb input (all cables included btw) for the PS3 for it to work as a headset and a tiny little cable that plugs into your 360 controller for when you use the headset for 360. Don't want the headset on there? It's removable. It has an inline volume control for both the game and voice control (separate). I Honestly couldn't be much happier with this purchase. The thing that made me do it is that I still live with my parents and their bedroom is right alongside mine and at night (when I do the bulk of my gaming and movie watching) they always yell at me to turn it down even though the volume is already very low (walls are like friggin paper). So this has done me very well, at a reasonable price to boot.

Also, while abusing Gamestop's 50% extra for trade ins, I bought myself Heavy Rain (which I can't even play right now because of whatever the hell is wrong with PS3s right now).
2rnaq75.jpg

I also paid off a bunch of reserves for this month which will end up popping in this thread eventually. Battlefield Bad Company 2 LE (x360), God of War 3 UE, Final Fantasy XIII (ps3), and Pokemon Soul Silver. I have about $80 store credit left and I've made a whole 'nother stack of game to trade in (trying not to be such a pack rat with my games anymore) that I'll be using to reserve Monster Hunter Tri (w/classic controller pro), Mario Galaxy 2, and Metroid Other M. If I have enough left, I might pick up Darksiders as well. March is looking awfully nice right now :)

Sorry for the blurry pics, it's late, I'm tired and I'm too lazy to retake em :p

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ShirAhava said:
Just got Tekken 6 and Valkyria Chronicles...surrrreee would be nice to be playing them right now....yuppppp...sure would....:lol *cries*

http://i47.tinypic.com/so3fkk.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Well technically Valkyria Chronicles works fine right now.

King Chozo said:
Also, while abusing Gamestop's 50% extra for trade ins, I bought myself Heavy Rain (which I can't even play right now because of whatever the hell is wrong with PS3s right now).
Uhmm... Perhaps I am misunderstanding the whole problem with the PS3's right now. But wouldn't simply disconnecting the internet from the console make the game playable? I don't see how everyone is running around screaming saying PS3's wont work right now. From what I can gather it is just an online glitch. Worst case scenario you don't get your trophies for playing the game.

Risible

Devin Olsen said:
Uhmm... Perhaps I am misunderstanding the whole problem with the PS3's right now. But wouldn't simply disconnecting the internet from the console make the game playable? I don't see how everyone is running around screaming saying PS3's wont work right now. From what I can gather it is just an online glitch. Worst case scenario you don't get your trophies for playing the game.

If it was that simple don't you think people would have done that? ;)

If you've applied the update it even blocks OFFLINE games. DOH! That's why people aren't able to play Heavy Rain, for instance, which is only single-player.

Risible said:
If it was that simple don't you think people would have done that? ;)

If you've applied the update it even blocks OFFLINE games. DOH! That's why people aren't able to play Heavy Rain, for instance, which is only single-player.
Oh wow holy shit....

I just assumed. . . I was reading the thread a little last night and saw someone mentioned it working for them after they unplugged the internet...

That is completely ridiculous. Has Sony said anything about an ETA for getting the system back online?

Errmm.. This is very off topic! I apologize

a1m

Banned
First march pick-up, suhhhhweeeeeeeeeet. (Three is for size reference)

2h5inwz.jpg

nmkaif.jpg

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 -speakers.

Bad_Boy said:
i dont get whats the point of having February recap posts in the march thread.
QFT.

Top Bottom