• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Theecliff

Banned
Originally posted this in the Second Son OT, excuse the poor camera quality of my iPad:

Finally got hold of a PS4!
Knack bundle was the only bundle available though :p

1Lhda20.jpg

So bootiful

Now that I've finally got my hands on the console, I'm gonna go ahead and preorder the Second Son Special Edition. My new PS4 is ready for some next gen superhero sexiness.

(Also, ignore the LAMY pen, was trying to quickly hide some personal info that was on a sticker on the box so covered it with the closest thing I could find :p)

RiggyRob

A bit delayed, but thanks to the Argos deal in the Cheap Arse Gaffer thread I managed to get Xenoblade with the Classic Controller for £29:

Missed out on it being £15, but I guess I can always sell the copy I bought from Amazon for £42(!) on eBay.

Just picked up these thanks to a kind person on Hotdeals not wanting his reservation anymore. I may possibly have a reservation that comes through tomorrow at the Hammersmith branch that someone can have if they want to pick up.

rataven

Pickups from the last couple of weeks or so.

Volume three of the Game of Thrones graphic novel, to go along with volumes one and two
IMG_1591.jpg

New Blus
IMG_1597.jpg

A couple new sets to round out my LEGO LotR collection
IMG_1594.jpg

The Legend of Zelda Strategy Guide Collection
IMG_1603.jpg

Lightning Returns CE. Picked this up last month but forgot to post it. I've had a surprisingly good time playing it. Story is way corny though.
IMG_1570.jpg

Dark Souls II Collector's Edition, sitting on top of the CE strategy guide.
IMG_1599.jpg

And Final Fantasy X goodies. I'd forgotten that I pre-ordered from Amazon, as well as the SE store, so I ended up with two PS3 copies. Which worked out nicely because I do like the LE cover more than the CE.
IMG_1598.jpg

Khatoz

Got this yesterday:

znwITDU.jpg

PS4 had a huge fracture near the bluray drive, returned to amazon and got a new one from Best Buy.

Sora_N

Dayum. That set looks fantastic. I have total Pick-Up envy.

Unrelated, I went on a tiny digital shopping spree last night:

bqdKdq7.jpg

Wow the FFX purchase looks misleading, doesn't that sort of imply it's a cross-buy game? I really wish it was though.

I've wanted that shirt ever since I saw the episode. I'm so glad it exists.

That's one sexy LE!

I wanted it too and then BBC made my wish come true, lol. Same with the "I Don't Shave for Sherlock Holmes" shirt.

And the LE is gorgeous in hand. Supposedly the discs are region-free but since I already own the Region A version, I'm more than happy to leave these in the set as is. The little notebook that comes with the set will probably be in use while I'll read through the script sometime. I love Mrs. Hudson's letter, it's cute.

curb

Banned
Wow the FFX purchase looks misleading, doesn't that sort of imply it's a cross-buy game? I really wish it was though.

Yeah, I don't like the way they show that. It should indicate that it's downloadable on those platforms and not playable.

glaurung

(Also, ignore the LAMY pen, was trying to quickly hide some personal info that was on a sticker on the box so covered it with the closest thing I could find :p)
I think LAMY fountain pens are awesome. I'd get some if I weren't so fucking poor all the time.

meppi

!! First PSP game I got. Well, actually I got Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G alongside my Japanese PSP, but same game. The hours I spent on that game... Enjoy!

Ah great to hear! :)
I only played the 3DS and Wii/Wii U versions so far, but didn't get very far into them as I got distracted by other games.
Heard a ton of good things about the PSP games so I really want to give them a play through as well. Not sure if I should wait till I get the first Monster Hunter Freedom game and take it from there. Might be a good idea...

Just ordered quite a few more PSP games. So much great stuff on that little system!

Ah great to hear! :)
I only played the 3DS and Wii/Wii U versions so far, but didn't get very far into them as I got distracted by other games.
Heard a ton of good things about the PSP games so I really want to give them a play through as well. Not sure if I should wait till I get the first Monster Hunter Freedom game and take it from there. Might be a good idea...

Just ordered quite a few more PSP games. So much great stuff on that little system!

The PSP games (well, I've only played Unite, but I assume the first game is similar) feel a little more rough compared to Monster Hunter Tri and its ports imo. There's a lot of tutorial missions you have to plough through first. The introduction is considerably smoother in Tri.

But nevertheless those games are worthwhile.

Lombax

Banned
Not really a pickup but I just paid off my car loan, and two credit cards. I am now 100% DEBT FREE!

Feels amazing.

33yC6ig.gif

dab0ne

Well I picked up a couple of statues to go with my resi 3 nemesis statue but I sent them to my brothers house in the states since I didn't want to ship them again. Won't post pics until August since that's when I'll be home but I did buy them in March. I know I can only post my own pics but since I don't have any ill just say what they are:

HCG Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine.

Edit: ^^ Congrats Lombax!!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
1236788_10153967257480440_1368316440_n.jpg

they had FFX vita and i preordered it, but they werent allowed to sell it yet, gotta go back tomorrow :(

Can anyone tell me how much X-2's filesize is

Quality face and neck stabbing. Awesome pick-up.

It's all thanks to the lovely @chibijenova. I highly recommend picking one up for yourself, your friends, your family and your enemies; they are hella dope and you'll be supporting a great cause as well. Also, I'll EXCLUSIVELY HINT at revealing that...something could be happening soon regarding Jen's work, Giant Bomb dot com, video games and livestreaming video games for the benefit of a certain charity.

"This cute hoop art features my favorite Ryan Davis quote. The entire cost of this item (excluding shipping) is donated to the National Sleep Foundation for reasearch in sleep apnea. The hoop measures 6" across. This was hand stitched with 100% cottom DMC floss upon white linen. I can only take 5 requests at this time." - Link to Jen's Etsy shop

More Ryan Davis "uh uh uh uh uh" Pieces Available - Jen's post on Giant Bomb

wongja

Neo Member
Where did you get a 3D blu-ray of this? I thought the blu-ray version comes only in 2D.
From hk stores
We have 3 versions (sucks)
1. 3d + 2d (steel book version)
2. 3d
3. 2d

But the prices are all closed therefore everyone is getting the steel book versions
And lack of stock....

The_Monk

Finally some time to post my recent pick-ups for my fellow GAFfers!
Sunday was my birthday so I got a little something.

Got this nice box with some fancy cream to keep my skin hydrated (yes, I'm getting older indeed).

0ZFXdO5l.jpg

Received a Telegram made of Chocolate in the mail!

q0OR1pil.jpg

Inside:

ZHPupW5l.jpg

It says something like: "You are my pride".

KNACK !

4GBoZ6El.jpg

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition PS4

BPKei6ol.jpg

I already finished this game once with a friend and I also have the Steam Version (the other definitive version :p) but it was a very kind gift from a family friend. There is a Comic Book in there too, published by Dark Horse who was a gift from another retail store employee.

Final Fantasy X HD & Final Fantasy X-2 HD for the PS Vita

bzUUQhDl.jpg

I pre-ordered this game on the first week of January after pulling a all-night working. This was my reward for doing so but I honestly don't recommend doing that since it's no good for the brain.

Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes for the PS4

rk3O7QYl.jpg

I paid exactly 4.99€ for this game, which, considering the time it might take me to finish is the perfect amount. There was also an exclusive DLC for the upcoming Phantom Pain. :)

shandy706

Hopped out of my office for a couple minutes and picked this up. If you're in the US, I recommend buying it from Walmart.com if you can't find it (or any website with free to store delivery). The website said there wouldn't be a delivery of them till next week when I ordered yesterday. Got an e-mail this morning saying it was ready for pickup.

Was only $24.99. Everywhere else has marked it up...even freaking Gamestop wanted $30+ for it.

Argh...how did I forget that Final Fantasy X/X2 is out now. I have to pick it up.

Too many games to play right now. Another annoyance...I have $35 in credit online with the Microsoft store...I wish I could use it to buy FFX/X2..LOL

meppi

The PSP games (well, I've only played Unite, but I assume the first game is similar) feel a little more rough compared to Monster Hunter Tri and its ports imo. There's a lot of tutorial missions you have to plough through first. The introduction is considerably smoother in Tri.

But nevertheless those games are worthwhile.

I'm actually glad I got my first taste of the series with Tri since everyone says it's the game that welcomes newcomers like no other.
I'm fully expecting the prequels to be a bit rougher on all accounts, but I have no problem with that whatsoever. :)

Oh and this little bundle came in as I was off to work!

ixSo8ZLZcyiF.JPG

Top Bottom