• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show us your gaming goods!

masterkajo

Reckoner said:
k1we11.jpg

I woke up and quickly ran into the first game store I saw in the shopping. Got it, and Alan wants my help!

I will get my copy today. My local game shop is offering a special deal (advertised at the website) for everyone who buys the game today and tells them "damn good coffee", gets the game for 15 Euros less as well as a damn good coffee. That phrase rings some bells... I am really looking forward to this game and how much else it borrows from Twin Peaks.

Incredible pick-up month!
Went to Barcelona's Comic Expo during free comic day (first time here in Spain) and it was awesome. Also bought some things during the week.
All Pick-ups:
*From the Barcelona Comic Expo (and Barcelona City):
-Blacksad volumes 1, 2 and 3 (3rd one is Special Edition).
-Chosp
-Haruhi Suzumiya comic volume 4
-Scott Pilgrim Special Volume (this one was free for free comic day and also had the dates for the 6th volume and the movie in Spain)
-Bharma Energy Drink (from a Lost Pub in Barcelona)
*Rest of the week:
-Ipod Touch 8 gigabytes 2nd Generation (my first apple product and I love it).
-Sin and Punishment
-Wario Ware D.I.Y
rmiptt.jpg

In more detail:
-Blacksad: awesome european comic books, drawn and written by two spanish authors (Diaz Canales and Guarnido) that work in Disney animation Studios. The drawing is absolutly superb colored in watercolors and the story is also great, detective adventures in a post-world war II hypothetical america.
wv1oo2.jpg

-Chosp: From Italian author Barbucci creator of Skydoll, very fun and well drawn comic based on a fantasy hollywoodland. Lots of tributes to movies and a fun story.
Also meet Barbucci in person were he signed my a copy, he is a fantastic guy and does the best signatures ever, he drew to all the people a 5 minutes sketch of the character they wanted, 2 hours waiting but it surely worth it.
686cmd.jpg

5vzlae.jpg

11m9saf.jpg

-Ipod Touch and Bharma Energy Drink: The best thing is not the drink itself but were they give it to you. The Bharma (Bar and Dharma) is a pub in Barcelona themed with Lost, form the entrance to the interiors, even the restrooms! Theres the plane, the hatch, the fake dharma door and the restrooms are the temple (and when you go to piss you can hear the black smoke behind! :lol ), theres Lost Giacchino music and they put the episodes in a big screen. I put some photos so you can see how awesome is it.
11uxgle.jpg

v30zk2.jpg

2py3pdd.jpg

sxdsat.jpg

28re0pt.jpg

4kdus.jpg

240yn12.jpg

-Qurupeco Monster Hunter Tri figure (the free NoE one), this just came by mail when I was uploadind the pictures. Just in time! :lol
vdzgcp.jpg

SpacePirate Ridley said:
-Qurupeco Monster Hunter Tri figure (the free NoE one), this just came by mail when I was uploadind the pictures. Just in time! :lol
vdzgcp.jpg
I'm sorry but without the rest of his body, Qurupeco just looks inappropriate. :lol

Haven't posted for ages, so here's me catching up:

2i9tug7.jpg

-Ouran High School Host Club box set DVD. Heard good things about it, so took the £18 plunge.
-3D Dot Game Heroes. Came today, can't wait to give it a play :)
-Terminator: SCC series 2. Just when it started to get amazing, they cancelled it. Bugger.
-Alter Yui Hirasawa figure. So awesome. Even the strings on her guitar are real-ish.
-Figma Mugi. Didn't care for her much at first, but I like her now :p
-Ben Sherman watch. This is rockin'... couldn't resist the sparkly blue face.

2dryj6e.jpg

-Dragonball Raging Blast. Fifteen quid on Zavvi, it's alright I guess.
-Nintendo DSi XL. My 4th DS. Pokemon HeartGold on this is awesome. Next best thing to a DSplayer addon for the Wii.
-Black Wii Remote + Motion+. Hot.
-A can of Spread Eagle for those quiet boring nights :lol

I'm sure I've bought more lately, but I have a bad memory.

Efrendal

kazuma_pt said:
have to ask, what are those things on your analogs? are they good?
Caps4stix
http://www.bespoke-solutions.net/

So far i have nothing but praise for them. They give a much better grip on the analog sticks, they look good on the controller and they're really cheap. I would definitely recommend them if you don't like how the original analog sticks feel in your hands.

Efrendal said:
Caps4stix

So far i have nothing but praise for them. They give a much better grip on the analog sticks, they look good on the controller and they're really cheap. I would definitely recommend them if you don't like how the original analog sticks feel in your hands.

Thanks man! I might just have to pick these up

I actually ordered these guys from llama

thumbsticks%20069.jpg

Efrendal said:
Caps4stix

i'm always up for some extra grip, especially for the wii nunchuk. bought 6 for my ps3/ps2 pads and one for my nunchuk. thanks:D

Starbeh

Neo Member
iaGzLiISl.jpg

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle was so great i've decided to read the rest of Murakami's books.

Also picked up the long awaited 3D Dot Game Heroes for in between Monster Hunter sessions :x.

Efrendal said:
Caps4stix

This may sound stupid, but my thumb almost always slides off the analog stick (PS3) when I'm about to take a shot in Fifa 10. I think I notice it there because I will usually be holding it in one direction for an extended period of time. Do these things help with the stickiness of the sticks?

Efrendal

PalaceBrother said:
This may sound stupid, but my thumb almost always slides off the analog stick (PS3) when I'm about to take a shot in Fifa 10. I think I notice it there because I will usually be holding it in one direction for an extended period of time. Do these things help with the stickiness of the sticks?
That's actually the exact reason why i bought them for my ds3; my thumbs kept slipping off the analogs. with them on -> no more thumb slipping so the answer is yes they do help with the stickiness.

Kjellson said:
Finally got my original German language Kraftwerk box set from Amazon.de today:

ipshnk.jpg

eba3c8.jpg

9lkfu1.jpg

The box also contained giant image booklets for each album. Awesome.
Nice pickup! Time to put Kraftwerk on the stereo.

alienxx45

Android18a said:
Haven't posted for ages, so here's me catching up:

-Ouran High School Host Club box set DVD. Heard good things about it, so took the £18 plunge.
-3D Dot Game Heroes. Came today, can't wait to give it a play :)
-Terminator: SCC series 2. Just when it started to get amazing, they cancelled it. Bugger.
-Alter Yui Hirasawa figure. So awesome. Even the strings on her guitar are real-ish.
-Figma Mugi. Didn't care for her much at first, but I like her now :p
-Ben Sherman watch. This is rockin'... couldn't resist the sparkly blue face.

Name?
i like sparkly things too... :D

Celcius

°Temp. member
woo audio headphone stand and the 250th issue of Nintendo Power (with the awesome cover):

wooaudio.jpg

plus (not pictured): a new side panel for my CM Stacker 830

robot

Efrendal said:
You're welcome :D

You should get some commission - I just ordered a pair for my ps3 controller cause I'm always sliding off of the nubs, and threw a pair for the 360 in there for the hell of it.

Dirk Shmiggler

Neo Member
110kkkh.jpg

Genuine issue P.38 from WWII.. has all correct waffenamts and eagle/swastika proofs..and serial numbers matching. officer issue. valued around $1200. i had been cleaning it and forgot to put the rear sight back on for the pic...

Shoots in 3 inch groups, some almost 70 years later. German engineering apparently is timeless.. feels like a bank vault in those terms..

*standard WWII collection disclaimer*
"I in no way endorse the actions of the group that this sprang from, purely from a curio and relic point of view"

Imagine shooting this thing... it is perfectly balanced... I have found an entirely new hobby b/c of this acquisition...

jbpaz

r8xz0y.jpg

n143tz.jpg

sorry for the 6.0 megapixel camera quality. lol
Really nice pc I got yesterday. Runs amazing! I love it!
I ordered a Asus 23.6 inch monitor with it too.

Big Papa Husker said:
I stopped into Gamestop to pick up The Sky Crawlers for Wii since it dropped to $10 new and ended up buying a couple more games...

Wow GBA games with box at Gamestop? Was this store originally a EB? Thought all GS pulped their boxes years ago.

MiniBossman said:
Wow GBA games with box at Gamestop? Was this store originally a EB? Thought all GS pulped their boxes years ago.
No, it just opened in 2007. The manager there said they if people trade in GBA games with boxes they will sell them that way. I was just as surprised as you.

EDIT: I just opened them up to see if either had the inserts and the Fire Emblem has everything... a Nintendo Power slip, GB Player slip and warranty info card. Heck, the cart is even in the plastic wrapper.

According to the Gamestop price sticker the games were traded in 4/11/10. I wonder if I missed out on any other games that same person traded in...

ngower

SpacePirate Ridley said:

Ha! There's a sandwich shop in Lowell, MA called Dharma Buns (play on Dharma Initiative and Kerouac's Dharma Bums).

I'm not sure what the rules are for posting other's images, so I'll just say Google it...

PunkRock247

Neo Member
New Games:
2yv5251.jpg

I have already played Resistance 2 and inFamous, but I bought them before I could only get the ugly greatest hits boxes:
23h51k4.jpg

Finally, I wanted to drink something that was older than me for my 30th birthday. Distilled on December 17, 1976:
t5pxqq.jpg

Big Papa Husker said:
No, it just opened in 2007. The manager there said they if people trade in GBA games with boxes they will sell them that way. I was just as surprised as you.

EDIT: I just opened them up to see if either had the inserts and the Fire Emblem has everything... a Nintendo Power slip, GB Player slip and warranty info card. Heck, the cart is even in the plastic wrapper.

According to the Gamestop price sticker the games were traded in 4/11/10. I wonder if I missed out on any other games that same person traded in...

Sounds like a pretty cool store. I traded in a GBA game to GS a few months ago, and they trashed all the packaging right in front of me.

Loxley

Dirk Shmiggler said:
110kkkh.jpg

Genuine issue P.38 from WWII.. has all correct waffenamts and eagle/swastika proofs..and serial numbers matching. officer issue. valued around $1200. i had been cleaning it and forgot to put the rear sight back on for the pic...

Shoots in 3 inch groups, some almost 70 years later. German engineering apparently is timeless.. feels like a bank vault in those terms..

*standard WWII collection disclaimer*
"I in no way endorse the actions of the group that this sprang from, purely from a curio and relic point of view"

Imagine shooting this thing... it is perfectly balanced... I have found an entirely new hobby b/c of this acquisition...

Very nice pickup man, I'm a WWII history nerd myself, so seeing authentic gems from the period are definitely post worthy. I wouldn't be concerned about posting it, I can't imagine anyone thinking that by posting a pistol used 70 years ago by the Wehrmacht that clearly means you endorse said group's ideals or anything of the sort.

People have posted much more...questionable items in these threads in months past, so nothing to be worried about.

JEKKI

geeeez man $7 for a one copy of EGM?!?!

mmzqzc.jpg

in contrast to...

o8xydy.jpg

5 for $5 guides on the last day of Hollywood Video.

Jamie Chung is hot!!!

162fti.jpg

2h654k6.jpg

akin1v.jpg

20fp7jn.jpg

Hopefully they get Steam going at... *pardon the pun*... full Steam so that I can play me some awesome WASD PC games. It's been too long.

stonedwal

ibu said:
First off welcome to the clan. I take it yours is the black back iPhone? What size it?
I just bought a white 16gb 3gs, I keep hearing from people about the new one coming out in June, but I will get the new iphone as a free upgrade at the beginning of the year if I don't get one before.

Also congrats on the upcoming Anniversary.
It's a black 16GB 3GS. The missus needed me to have a phone so she could contact me while she was at work - we were in something of a blackspot in 2G coverage, but 3G is fine. She has said she will take the 3GS if I opt to get the new model. Thanks for the congratulations - it's been three years now, and we're in the process of organising all of our documentation for the wedding :D

After spending over 300 hours in MH3, I totally forgot about the monthly pickup thread.

CCpro, MH3, Motion+ and a dirt cheap (literally) wireless KB

Top Bottom