• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
11675437044_931a8a9806_o.png

Welp. Another month. The first calendar quarter (4 months) of 2014 is now over and done with. Hope life fares well for you all? If not, seek some retail therapy ;)

The monthly tradition on NeoGAF! Since November 2006 <3 !!!

For those of you new to this thread, this is a place for us to show off our new pickups and discuss them!

REMINDER! Or get banned!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

Mods are <3 and have banned people that DO NOT READ/FOLLOW the op!

ALSO!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

Do not CRITICIZE other people's pick ups. This is a friendly thread. No need for insults!

ARCHIVES:

Oh yea I wanted to say one more thing!!

6434662657_d8e641d917_o.jpg

isJt9IKw0XRnA.jpg

---

April was great! It was my birthday just the other week and usually I'm traveling, but this time I got to spend it at home with my family and close friends. <3

Before I alarm anyone, if you don't know me... I'd like to let you know that I love video games, arcade sticks and sneakers. That being said...

Here are my favorite pickups from APRIL!

10004161_735129306527901_1848447309_n.jpg

Took home some old prototypes of a product I helped design a long time ago. These are the Mad Catz FightStick PROs.

15e70902bc6511e382920002c9549ae0_8.jpg

My daughter LOVES Ranma 1/2!

926987_765030256840889_1227890645_n.jpg

A classic! The Team Jordan 1 was re-retro'd again for 2014! Originally released in 1997.

916464_618020078279356_1668088575_n.jpg

One of Andre Agassi's many signature shoes. The 'Turbo Green' colorway of the Nike Air Tech Challenge II!

e151dcecc44011e3a9ab0002c9b2406a_8.jpg

I was so happy to get TWO brand new Namco Arcade Sticks earlier in April!

10261123_232173753641589_1294469069_n.jpg

Of course I had to get one of the original colorways, the 'Hot Lava' made famous by Andre Agassi during the 1992 French Open where he made it to the finals.

f68f8ee4c4d411e383a00002c9dba918_8.jpg

A big fan of Berserk! Loved the movie trilogy so I had to complete it...

10261176_569877409776806_543091093_n.jpg

A friend of mine, Glenn Cravens, authored a book highlighting one of the most famous(infamous?) competitive gaming moments of ALL TIME! -

927637_1401422396802580_1933190629_n.jpg

This beautiful young lady got me flowers for my birthday <3

916460_1408618879412764_2134662842_n.jpg

Went up to Sacramento for a FGC event and someone asked me if I wanted to buy this! I did, on the spot. Cashed him out! Shoutouts to fellow NeoGAF members looking out for each other!

74f88c7ac9be11e3acff24be059c6700_8.jpg

Acquired the NEW 2014 version of the Sanwa silent stick thanks to my friends at Arcade Shock!

a621305ecc3411e39f010002c955bce8_8.jpg

New phone case for me!

55693154cd0e11e385e40002c954a0d6_8.jpg

Wasn't even on the hunt for these classic 2002 Nike SB Dunk SB Low Pro "Supremes" ... but hey... I'll take it. Got a great deal on them! If you want to read more about my top 5 favorite sneaker pick-ups of this year, check my blog post here: http://arcadestick.wordpress.com/2014/04/27/2014-first-quarter-review-sneaker-pick-ups/

925844_282999005211144_225703184_n.jpg

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle! The English physical disc version is an Amazon & Club Namco exclusive! Don't miss out!

GOOD FIGHT. GOOD NIGHT! How did you spend your April? Also, post up your MAY stuff!

If you want to find out more about my adventures (in photos), follow me on instagram here: http://instagram.com/markman23 !

Decided last weekend that I've been neglecting my Vita, so picked all these guys up.

Exams right up to the end of April has kept me from digging in to any of them yet though. Going to change that this weekend.

Damn Mark, what's the total on VSHGs and NPC-102s now? It's gotta be like double-digit for the NPC-102s. I really want to get my hands on a mint VSHG to replace the somewhat beat up one I got off eBay.

Anyway I picked up a Sony BVM-20F1U, I love it. Already finished a couple RGB mods, just need to make a SCART to BNC cable.

X4rfTeP.jpg

Love the scanlines for 240p content.
Q7n1QCg.png

Shun

Golden%20Moments.jpg

Friend of mine gave me the Air Jordan Golden Moments Pack VIs and VIIs, brand new.

Comes with the box and the entire Olympic cases.

I have no idea if I should wear them or not.

Lemstar

PSN pickups (not pictured):
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Million Fighters Pack
Super Stardust HD
Retro/Grade

PlayStation Vita TV

6hPQkZv.jpg

Stick parts - Hori Hayabusa joystick and Kuro buttons; PhreakMods Link JLF shaft

qHBlQ29.jpg

The Emperor's Guide to Tamriel (The Elder Scrolls Online CE extra)

vVDT8dQ.jpg

Catherine CE (360) and Japanese version (PS3)

CQYre5X.jpg

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma CE (PS3)

uk1E5k0.jpg

Steins;Gate (PC)

K0GxVSv.jpg

The Hunger Games and Catching Fire G2 Steelbooks

i6Zm0cT.png

Persona 4 Ultimax Arcade Cabinet 1/12 model kit - prize from Focus Attack

qbu0qei.jpg

DS games

YkvF09h.jpg

Heroes of Might and Magic II and III from GOG

LoyDSFf.png

That no one commented on my beautiful Japanese Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask game guides and BRAND NEW SEALED COPY of the Japanese version of Pokémon Stadium Gold and Silver is a god damn national tragedy.

Well, I just didn't think it was worth using it. I can just snap a simple photo and publish it on gaf quicker using just a smartphone. Plus, I'm just a complete newbie when it comes to photography and only have the kit lenses, so you'll find much more grounded opinions and samples on dedicated sites like dpreview.com and others.
With that said, coming from a mostly smartphones and cheap point-and-shoot background the A6000 is almost overwhelming, but I'm loving the AF and the "machine-gun fast" burst mode for photos with a lot of movement.

It's ALWAYS worth using if you're going to get some bokeh out of it!

I'm aware of those...sorts...of sites and peoples and their opinions, such as they are. I'm asking YOU, dear GAFfer. Are you planning to make use of the video recording features, by the way?

[I WILL POST A SWEET PIC OF SOMETHING HERE SOON]

PSP pickups:
- NeoGeo Heroes ~ Ultimate Shooting
- Ginga Ojousama Densetsu
- Parodius Portable
- Star Soldier

PS3 / Wii U pickups:
- inFamous 2
- Short Peace + preorder artbook
- Batman Arkham Origins
- Limited Edition of LEGO City Undercover
- and the Dark Souls 2 guide

Finally some more MSX pickups for the collection:
- Comic Bakery
- Antarctic Adventure
- Bubble Bobble
- Haja no Fuuin

The last game was later ported to the SEGA Master System and released in the West as Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord. It comes with a cloth map and a figurine. You're supposed to use them while playing to keep track of where you are in the game. So, like an in-game map, but not in-game. ;-)

deroli

Bought new stuff for the hall in my apartment. To be precise, both of them are used pieces I got from a second hand website:

A beautiful commode. The yellow is super bright in reality. Unfortunately, some of the white paint already came off, so I will have to do some retouching work.
diekommodeezch4.jpg

A clothing hook. Depicted in its original white color that made it barely visible in front of the wall. I first repainted it anthracite, which I found to be a bit too dark for that room. So I gave it a lighter grey finish afterwards. I'm very happy with the result. Not perfect, but much better than I imagined. I just hope the paint is durable and scratch-resistant.
wandhakenvorhernachheeyeid.png

Spades

tumblr_n4w7qhNPYi1qiv7luo1_500.jpg

Okay, so the baby was actually a March pickup but I asked the wife what arrived in the mail today and this was the photo she sent me!

WEGGLES

Bought new stuff for the hall in my apartment. To be precise, both of them are used pieces I got from a second hand website:

A beautiful commode. The yellow is super bright in reality. Unfortunately, some of the white paint already came off, so I will have to do some retouching work.
http://abload.de/img/diekommodeezch4.jpg[img]

[/QUOTE]

Isn't a commode a toilet?

Koin0p

Neo Member
LTTP and my first Gaf post, so going to make it count with my best SS screenshot so far, hope you like it.

i90DgUKjTtfKH.jpg

Hope I can post some of my other screenshots in the SS thread after this, but for some reason Gaf has been blocking my login attempts and I have no idea why. Just want to be a part of this awesome contest and share my screenshots. Fingers crossed that I'll be back. :)

Custom chain mail bracelet made by a friend of a friend.
I don't usually wear bracelets b/c they get in the way when I'm typing, but this one is nice and comfy.

AmyS

Got home from GameStop just over an hour ago with two new items and one pre-owned item:

dh8ZpJq.jpg

dz9aKYG.jpg

mxwI844.jpg

Also within the last 10 min I bought, downloaded+installed Raiden IV: Overkill from the PS3's digital store.

OxsxXwV.jpg

Dammit,
I really ought to have earmarked the money I just spent today towards the purchase of a PS VITA (new, but the original OLED model, not Vita 2000 LCD).

Me getting a VITA just seems to get pushed back, month after month. Now I regret not just gettin' a VITA on November 14th of last year while I was at GS paying for the PlayStation 4 six something hours before the midnight launch.
:/

Jumped back on the WiiU train with the $199 refurb of Nintendo.com with a $20 Wii Remote+/Nunchuck. Really just wanted to finish the Wii Zelda games after some starts and stops. ZombieU was $12 and I heard positive things about it.

Some new issues of Retro Gamer arrived as well.

Also bought a backlight modded GBA that has a brand new case. This thing is AWESOME! Best way to play GB/GBC/GBA games by far. Much more comfortable than GBA SP 101s.

John Blade

DSCN0020_zps3a3517ff.jpg

Didn't expect to find this item in good working condition at a price that I won't refuse to pay for ($150 dollars). Loving it so far.

AmyS

- Haja no Fuuin

The last game was later ported to the SEGA Master System and released in the West as Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord. It comes with a cloth map and a figurine. You're supposed to use them while playing to keep track of where you are in the game. So, like an in-game map, but not in-game. ;-)

Aw Neat!

Back in '89 at the Toys 'R US store in Niles, IL, just across the street from Golf Mill shopping Center (outside of Chicago) I'd often see Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord for the Sega Master System. You know, on those shelves TRU had with the box covers you could lift up to see what's on the back, and where the purchase-tickets were.

I always passed up getting that game. I eventually went with a different RPG, with a different 4 heroes on the front cover.
Phantasy Star

Miracle Warriors sure looked cool, though. Eventually tried it out in an emu, maybe around 1999 or 2000, but never got very far.

Never knew what Japanese version of the game on the Sega Mark III was called.

U.S. / North American Sega Master System front and back cover:

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1228454353-00.jpg
http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1228454492-00.jpg

Haja no Fuuin is also on other Japanese computer platforms, as well as the Famicom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Warriors:_Seal_of_the_Dark_Lord

I also see there was a sequel on the MSX2

VF7W0RKl.jpg

Got my first of many pairs of Concord lows this past week. Hopefully getting at least one or two more pairs this weekend.

Target had these on clearance and wanted a new pair of beater headphones; the sound is clear enough for the price to compliment my QC2's...
BtqVaXNl.jpg

jay23

Hey Mark what kind of deal did you get on those Supreme SBs? Those are my grails.

Nice early pick up of Concord lows above, huge fan of lowtop XIs. Had the red and citrus pairs when they dropped back in 01.

Got home from GameStop just over an hour ago with two new items and one pre-owned item:

Also within the last 10 min I bought, downloaded+installed Raiden IV: Overkill from the PS3's digital store.

OxsxXwV.jpg

Hold up they have Raiden IV and Altered Beast on the PSN!?

I've been in a weird DS mood lately, and I've picked these up over the last month on Amazon and eBay deals:

Px2cVcY.jpg

I also picked up a BenQ RL2460HT Gaming Monitor, and it makes my PS3 and Xbox 360 look RIDICULOUSLY GORGEOUS! It's really given those system's visuals all new life. I'll never play those consoles on my big screen TV again! This just looks and reacts so much better!

F3daVz1.jpg

A little closer up...

aCbdm06.jpg

Top Bottom