• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Chairhome

Sorry for the terrible phone pic, but here's my FCBD haul (Agnes Garbowska and Jim Cheung were there, picked up a few AG prints with the kids and she did some quick sketches for free)

Also, excuse the mess :-D

Sinthetic

Fate/Zero Collector's Edition Blu-ray UK

Gallery HERE.

zGgOcqh.jpg

emjXVmX.jpg

Eureka Seven Complete Collection

WEfR2d6.jpg

Mars Attacks Zavvi Steelbook

fkaZmGw.jpg

Beetlejuice Zavvi Steelbook

Loakum

Banned
Space Jams are the best pair of Basketball shoes I ever owned! Were the newer Retro's the same quality? Mine were from 2000.

yelp. the space jams has the same quality as the newly retro'd 11 breds. I never owned the space jams when they 1st came out, so I can't compare it with the ones I got now.

jakeumms

gQAy7SNl.jpg

Space Battleship Yamato came yesterday from Amazon. It was $10 if you pre-ordered and, even though I already had an HD rip, I was happy to buy a legit copy at such a crazy low price.

The Universal Monsters box set is actually the UK version but it's region 0 so I can play it on my US PS3. The cover is subjectively not as cool as the US version, Dracula is missing one commentary and the inner-sleave holds the discs better but does away with the digibook approach that the US version has going on, but it's still basically the same set at a tenth of the price of the US version, even when importing from the UK. Universal what is going on with your pricing? Got it from Zavvi and it came pretty banged up. I was surprised as I have heard good things about them, particularly on this forum. Anybody else in the US have problems with them? Still, really happy to have this set and hope it's the first of many. These HD restorations are a revelation Blu Ray!

Andrew J.

Took advantage of the B2G1 sale at Gamestop:

Assassin's Creed, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and Prototype.

I don't technically have a PS3 yet, but it's on its way from Amazon. Look forward to that post next week!

PS Vita Slim 2000 Pink/Black

p5J1hhVl.jpg

r0p3t65l.jpg

COMICS!
AfZX3RTl.jpg

bQ3bf3Xl.jpg

Very nice! I love Blacksad (bought both books several times and gave them away as gifts), and I love the Vita 2000. I have the white and Carolina blue colorway and feel that this system is so much better than the OG model. The screen is nice and the console is more comfortable to play longer on.

LEGO May the Fourth (despite being only May Third right now) Haul (part one):

082dcbbfd403987d3eda28ef9171b1ae_zps4ff6e33a.jpg

The second part of the haul will probably show up next week, along with another minifig.

It was my wife's birthday, and she was talking about loving a certain tote bag so...

IMG_3410_zps72704e48.jpg

And some Japanese car magazines arrived in the mail...

IMG_3349_zps09cc20da.jpg

The R35 mook is making me rethink some of my future plans...

the past month has been a very busy month for me as far as pick-ups. i took a moment to snap some pics of two of the more interesting things i got.

1DTVXj3.jpg
CgxAmi0.jpg

iWkvF76.jpg

d8DDjqf.jpg

RlZKx4G.jpg

Cheska

Very nice! I love Blacksad (bought both books several times and gave them away as gifts), and I love the Vita 2000. I have the white and Carolina blue colorway and feel that this system is so much better than the OG model. The screen is nice and the console is more comfortable to play longer on.

I've heard such great things about Blacksad. Definitely can't wait to start reading it.

Is that a matte textured screen protector? If so, tell me more!
There's actually no screen protector on there.

does it look pink in person or is it more magenta or red?
I'd describe it as hot pink.

n0tail

Banned
After getting Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, which was my first Layton experience, I had to get the rest. I really enjoyed it.

HxTgOtVl.jpg

Also pre-ordered my first PS4 game. Decided to go digital as it'll be a game I play a lot with friends and I don't want to swap discs etc.

If2ciJxl.png

LAA

So behind in posting in this thread... ha ha. Will have to post some highlights soon...
Neat stuff as always guys!

Anion

My early birthday present to myself is here! I think I am done with pickups for the year.

10246765_10103068370148433_2840241362810759168_n.jpg
Woah! Congrats. One of my neighbors has a tesla and it looks stunning in real life.

Don't get too many speeding tickets
My neighbor gets tickets on a montly basis lol

haikira

Mixture of April and May pickups.

Was my birthday about two weeks ago. My mum got me these. Still haven't watched Catching Fire yet, but Infamous is amazing so far.
img_35207mjru1hjg1.png

Group of my friends got me this and a load of pods with it, for my Birthday. It's fucking great. Can whip up Lattes, hot chocolates and more in no time.
img_3532d3kqf50kmn.png

Same group of friends also me this. I love how they've got Wario playing the role of Trevor. Perfect casting =D
img_35430mjv9fikrj.png

Birthday present to myself. Saving it until I'm finished with Second Son.
img_35802ejrl5vjtq.jpg

I converted my PS3 FF14, to a PS4 license. Also grabbed Child of Light, Daylight and Pure Chess. Child of Light seems great so far, haven't really tried the other two.
20140503135845kykh2pphmk77.jpg

Haven't seen Wreck It Ralph yet and Finding Nemo is one of the very few Pixar films I've yet to see. Looking forward to watching both. DW8 is a good laugh for playing with friends and American Hustle is good watch.
img_3574mtkticrkw9.jpg

Picked up a bunch of cheap games and grabbed the last copy of Punch Out at my local target. My Back in my Play blue shirt also arrived!

Gameboy415

After getting Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, which was my first Layton experience, I had to get the rest. I really enjoyed it.

HxTgOtVl.jpg

Make sure to download all of the free Weekly Puzzles in each game ASAP - Nintendo WiFi Connection is getting shut down for good on May 20th!

gTrrDuG.jpg

Thanks to a friend of a friend, I finally got the Louvre 3DS Guide.

Nice! I still need to find a way to get a copy myself.... :S

JLynn

FROM APRIL:

Thor The Dark World Bluray with Loki cover (Sold my first version to a coworker)

Iek01Ezl.jpg

Space Adventure Cobra TV vol. 1 with that sweet ass Terasawa illustrated art box.

tORvTgGl.jpg

FROM MAY

Galaxy S5. So awesome.

uoJz3I2l.jpg

Mazinger Z TV vol. 1 and Last Window (Sequel to Hotel Dusk) DS. For the Euro peoples, a question. Do the authentic DS games have a Nintendo tear band?

4ZvvZwxl.jpg

Fresh white '90 Maxes for $88 at a grand opening sale

Qy2yvY5l.jpg

kierwynn

I never got around to posting in the April thread, so these are April and May pick ups combined. As usual, please forgive the cell phone pictures/crappy lighting.

Birthday pick ups from April!

A lovely scentsy from my boyfriend! I had one of these from when they first came out, but I knocked it over and broke it while cleaning one day, so he got me a new one for my birthday.

Colette figure

Hina Ichigo figure

Cardcaptor Sakura figure- I wasn't sure how to put her on her stand, so i just put her back in her box because I didn't want to other figuring it out when I was going to put her right back up anyway. (I keep all my figures in their boxes because I will be moving sometime within the next year, hopefully)

Mercedes figure- Probably one of my favorite figures so far. I've been keeping an eye out for the figure- it's usually pretty expensive on ebay, but managed to snag one for a good price used from amiami thanks to figinstock.

I also got an old Tear Grants figure from amiami, but I forgot to take a picture of it.

Not only is that a beautiful car, that looks like a beautiful neighbourhood. Congrats!

Thanks on both counts. I love the trees on my block. The other blocks on the street all had their trees chopped down but a neighbor on the block petitioned the city to keep ours. I'm so glad she did. It would be a shame to lose such nice old trees.

Westraid

acbfz8ck5.png

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for the Xbox 360.
Skipped ACIII since I heard it wasn't that great, and while I'm enjoying the pirate life, I'm a bit confused about what is going on outside of the storyline.

theMixxer

Neo Member
Demon Gaze CE, Steins;Gate CE, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle!

Bunch of anime courtesy of Amazon/Best Buy's Section23 sales. The Yu Yu Hakusho seasons I picked up from a local shop on the cheap.

Gatchaman was from that same sale. $60 of goodness. Eureka Seven Pt 1 LE + Pt 2 I got during the Funimation Easter sale.

Filling out my collection. Got lucky with Rocket Slime, Rhythm Thief, and Cave Story at GameStop as they had been recently traded in only days earlier and were in pristine condition.

Finally picked these up. So much more comfortable than my old Pulse Elites.

Golden Week Sale! Also picked up Rain on PS3 and Vagrant Story and Chrono Cross.

Top Bottom