• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

I'm down to upgrade to the new version whenever. Hopefully we can fill some vacancies.

I keep forgetting to check on my team. Bout to see how bad we've done the last couple weeks /:

Damn wanted to see how the season started before deciding on trading Alex Wood and it started terrible. So Alex is back on the market. Need an offensive OF or 3B. He's on pace for over a 7 WAR

springercomps_zpseezpz7lw.jpg

So it turns out that Springer is just a changeling that's been systematically programmed to take the form of old Brewers outfielders. I can't wait until he takes the form of Matt Mieske.

eznark

Banned
Holy shit! A 4 game winning streak? 1/2 out of the wild card? The rebuild is on its way boyz!

If only Peralta weren't a total unlucky shitshow.

I'd be down to upgrade to the new version. Been a crazy couple of months and I haven't been able to upload more than a handful of times, but my schedule is freeing up so I should be able to get back to almost daily soon. Man it's going to be tough rebuilding the Tigers though as the combination of me and the CPU has run them into the ground.

Oh man my team is horrible! Way more realistic than me winning that first WS lol

Yeah his numbers looked decent, just surprised when I saw 0-8

He had a similar start last season, not quite as bad I think, and still went on to win the Cy Young again. I don't think we were as bad offensively though. Miller is at a career high 11.1 k/9 and we're blowing it with the worst offense in the league.

Man, I fucking love Alex Abbott. Could be the best rule 5 guy in history!

And I foresee a problem down the road (common in my OOTP teams) where I have too many good, cheap players, and will have to watch my budget get destroyed when they hit arbitration, then watch my team crumble as they leave for free agency.

Brent,

Could you run Jorge Polanco (MIN) through the trade-o-matic and see if it spits anything out please.

He's available if there's any human interest as well- if anyone is looking for a young serviceable middle infielder- decent defender, and potential to be pretty good at the plate.

In addition to Jorge Polanco, Jose Altuve can be had for very little, if anyone is in need of some help @ 2B.

Also, I think the Dodgers are pissed that they're the only silicon player pulling their weight, having won the only title in the GOBL against 3 filthy human wins. They spit on us. You know why they can't stand us...it's the smell.

Oakland makes a 2nd trade today...

To ATL

Brett Lawrie (ML)
BJ Boyd (AAA)

To OAK

Alex Wood (ML)
Todd Frazier (ML)
Drake Fellows (A Rome)
Caleb Raleigh (R Danville)

Nice Kolby Allard is up to a 63 overall now. His era is over 5 though. I hope this trade helps out my offense but it looks like my pitching hasn't been amazing this season like the last couple.

Brad Hand almost had a no hitter, the only hit he allowed was in the 1st inning.

Felix Munoz is a hit machine. I have no idea how, he wasn't even my starter last year and I only played him because Bour sucked. He was 18/37 this sim O.O

Twine is hurt and I don't know with what yet :(

Kendry Flores and Brad Hand are playing so much better than I ever expected them too. My scout hates all my good players!! I should fire his ass

I call up top prospect Vladimir Gutierrez to help my pitching staff, he throws 4.2 IP before going down for the season with forearm stiffness.

Ugh. And a kid on my A-Ball team blew a UCL. It is such a bad year for Seattle pitching that I signed Mark Appel and re-signed 400 year old Alex Cobb.

Sanjuro

Anyone have any issues since the last version update?

I've tried a few times, but it brings up the steam update screen and crashes. Not even entering the game.

brentech

Please do not update your league file. I must have misread the date and simmed onto the day of the draft which prevents any further draft list changes.

I need someone (current as of yesterday) to upload their league file to dropbox or something so I can revert this mistake.

cBj1LTf.png

Honestly, it might just be better to keep it as is. Looks like most active people already submitted their updates, that's better than losing a bunch.

Sanjuro

Didn't have much time to mess with it, but it's like the client doesn't exist in Steam's database anymore. Tried from two different machines, get prompted for a 0 KB update. Uninstalled from one and there was no installation available. I did see something about a delay of Steam approving an update from late January.

Still been snagging OT, so haven't had the most of time. Bren, are you able to just do a GM CPU draft outline for me?

brentech

Yeah, I don't think I can go back a day. I was waiting to make my list until today, so I'm going to be getting a CPU draft as well. Doesn't seem like there is a whole lot I can do.

Yeah, I don't think I can go back a day. I was waiting to make my list until today, so I'm going to be getting a CPU draft as well. Doesn't seem like there is a whole lot I can do.

The best GMs are able to take unexpected setbacks in stride. Never retreat, never surrender, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead and some stuff.

The weird part is I had no draft picks to negotiate with.

Top Bottom