• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DAoC: Catacombs Screenshots (56k go play EQ)

ManaByte

Gold Member
ChainedSoul.jpg

Elf_faceCustomizer.jpg

forest_battle.jpg

frostalffemale.jpg

highlander.jpg

lurikeen.jpg

norseman.jpg

theveil.jpg

halfogre.jpg

aqueducts.jpg

Valkyrie.jpg

theveil02.jpg

HOLY SHIT I WANT THIS NOW MYTHIC YOU FUCKS!

LOVE the new customization features. Tree people better still be in but I wanna start a vampire anyway

I must say... AWESOME.

I'm tiring of DAoC -I'm jumping ship to WoW (new beginning)-, but i'm still picking this up.

Love the new Create-A-Char format, and HIGHLANDERS ROOLZ!!!one!11! So happy to see screens of the new races.

Umm, i've played all realms for so long, but i'm clueless as to what race that is below:

frostalffemale.jpg

Err nvm. :lol Figured it out from link location. Frostalf eh? Not too shabby.

SaitoH said:
Looks a tad better than when I played back at launch.

^_~

Wow, you need to get new glasses. One's without the bullshit tint. (If that was sarcasm, ignore this plz)

I would like to play this, but I can't since I don't have a credit card :( Wish they had a card (or do they have one?)

BTW, does anyone know if WoW is going to have a subscription card, like the ones that SOE use?

SaitoH

It was sarcasm. I thought the winky face would be enough to make that obvious. Anyway, it does look fantastic.

^w^

Takuan

If I had a better rig I'd give this a spin. My Ti4200 gagged on vanilla DAoC, I don't even want to think about how it'd run the new expansion.

ManaByte

Gold Member
New Frontiers was a PvP (and free) expansion. Catacombs is a PvE expansion. Inconnu, Shar, and Kobalds are now getting cities of their own underground and they are adding instanced adventures (like LDON) that can be done solo or grouped. So if you're solo, the instance is automatically tuned to your level range like in LDON as opposed to how it works in WoW where the level of the mobs in the instance are the same no matter what level you are.

where the hell have all you people been? I have been playing DAoC (Merlin Albion) since June of last year. I haven't seen any of you guys yet!

Top Bottom