• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EDGE scores (Ridge Racers, Lumines, Julgle Beat, Oddworld Stranger)

u_neek

Edge #146, February 2005

EDGE%20146.jpg

PSP
Ridge Racers (PSP, Namco): 8
Metal Gear Acid (PSP, Konami): 6
Lumines (PSP, Bandai): 8
Kollon (PSP, Cyberfront): 5
Dynasty Warriors (PSP, Koei): 5
Vampire Chronicle: Chaos Tower (PSP, Capcom): 6

Xbox
Star Wars KOTOR 2 - The Sith Lords (Xbox, LucasArts): 7
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (Xbox, EA): 9
MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf (Xbox, Microsoft): 6

Gamecube
Donkey Konga: Jungle Beat (GC, Nintendo): 8

Game Boy Advance
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA, Square Enix): 5
Donkey Kong: King of Swing (GBA, Nintendo): 5
Yoshi's Universal Gravitation (GBA, Nintendo): 4

Nintendo DS
Mr. Driller (NDS, Namco): 6

N-Gage
Pocket Kingdoms: Own the World (N-Gage, Nokia): 5

Dreamcast
Chaos Field (DC, Sega): 6

Source: GameFront

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Excellent and well deserved score for Stranger. This game is one the most impressive one I played on my Xbox visually (both technically and artistically), if not the most impressive at all. And of course it plays really well, if a bit repetitive.
I hope I will get Edge this month, the one from last month never arrived to me. Bloody french post office full of thieves.

Nice scores for Lumines and Ridge Racers.
Decent score for Mr Driller DS. the game is freaking hard to play.
very low score for pocket kingdom, the saviour of teh N-gage.

cja

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (Xbox, EA): 9
Wowzers.

Blimblim said:
I hope I will get Edge this month, the one from last month never arrived to me. Bloody french post office full of thieves.
Overseas subscribers at rllmukforums are complaining about not getting a copy, contact Future and demand they send you another!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wow @ Oddworld. I haven't been paying attention to his at all. I don't think other mags/sites have reviewed it yet?

edit - Jeez, this is flying very low on the radar. Gamespot only seem to have artwork for it and nothing else. This is an EA game, right? Surprised they're not pushing it harder with the media.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
cja said:
Overseas subscribers at rllmukforums are complaining about not getting a copy, contact Future and demand they send you another!

For what it's worth, I was complaining about not getting mine, too, but it finally showed up last night (in the USA). All hope's not lost!

Bebpo

Banned
u_neek said:
PSP
Metal Gear Acid (PSP, Konami): 6

o_O? Sure it's not the greatest s-rpg ever made, but it's pretty darn cool and original.

Game Boy Advance
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA, Square Enix): 5
I thought the general agreement was that this is a good game?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ouch for Donkey Kong: King of Swing. That one looked kinda cool to me. Hopefully Edge is just being hard on it, as I'd like there to be something cool on the GBA horizon for me that isn't a sequel.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Dream...cast?

I used to subscribe to N64 Magazine with Future, and one time no one was getting their subscription, but I didn't know so I complained and the editor sent me a copy personally. I got two in the end.

Sanjuro

Oddworld Stranger I'm dying to play, but honestly I want to play Chaos Field the most on that list. Dreamcast still rocks.

Mojojo

Yoshi's Universal Gravitation (GBA, Nintendo): 4

Is the game really that bad? Famitsu gave it 31/40..Or Edge decided all GBA games are crap after playing with the PSP?

Memles

Dan said:
Ouch for Donkey Kong: King of Swing. That one looked kinda cool to me. Hopefully Edge is just being hard on it, as I'd like there to be something cool on the GBA horizon for me that isn't a sequel.

What's confusing me is that I was unaware this game even had a US release date. Was that in the last press release and I just missed it or something? But yeah...it looked generally original and promising.

Miburou

Ridge Racers is cool, but why did they dumb the game down? Drifting requires little challenge and is hard to fuck up, and making contact with the walls barely affects your speed (unless of course you slammed into one).

aku:jiki

Memles said:
What's confusing me is that I was unaware this game even had a US release date.
Edge isn't an american magazine, and they review imports.

(Don't know if the DK game is one, though. Don't keep track of GBA.)

Memles

aku:jiki said:
Edge isn't an american magazine, and they review imports.

(Don't know if the DK game is one, though. Don't keep track of GBA.)

Oh, I know this. But the game wouldn't require much translation, and if it has apparently been released in Japan or Europe I would have at least expected a date attached to it when Nintendo announced its first quarter lineup...but it is scheduled for release in neither Japan or America. Which makes me wonder if it was that low profile a release that I missed it entirely.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Prine said:
After overwhelming impressions from som GAFFERS and Rllmuk'ers, Oddworld is on my pre-order list

I'm still holding out for the Games TM review sucka! ;)

Odnetnin

Banned
EDGE%20146.jpg

never mind the scores but HELLO! I see the clean uncluttered EDGE covers have returned. That DS cover with all the text broke my heart.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Memles said:
What's confusing me is that I was unaware this game even had a US release date. Was that in the last press release and I just missed it or something? But yeah...it looked generally original and promising.
I don't think it has an actual date, but it's still listed as a 2005 release on NoA's press site. So, for all we know, we should still be expecting it eventually. Europe has received a couple GBA releases much earlier than the US recently, like Donkey Kong Country 2 and Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. It's been weird like that, they get some much earlier while we get others far before them (ie. Mario vs DK).

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Damn, Future can't send me another edge 145, out of stock. Could anyone be nice enough to send me a scan or OCR of the Shenmue article ? If it's against the TOS (I'm *really* a subscriber, just unlucky), please delete this post.

cja

Blimblim, got your copy yet? It should only be out of stock until Future get returns from retailers in a week or two.

If you still haven't got the Shenmue scans I can do some quick and dirty digital camera pics. I'll make sure the text can be read but other than that it'll look naff. :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
cja said:
Blimblim, got your copy yet? It should only be out of stock until Future get returns from retailers in a week or two.

If you still haven't got the Shenmue scans I can do some quick and dirty digital camera pics. I'll make sure the text can be read but other than that it'll look naff. :)
Thanks for asking, I've been sent the scans. Great article :)

Top Bottom