• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM scores

Rodriguez

Multi
Star Wars Battlefront 8.0, 8.0, 9.0
Test Drive EOD 7.5, 4.5, 8.0
The Guy Game 1.5, 1.0, 0.0 (Shame of the Month)
Shellshock Nam 67 7.0, 6.0, 4.0
Second Sight 5.5, 7.5, 6.5
Def Jam FFNY 8.5, 8.5, 9.0
T3 Redemption 4.0, 2.5, 5.0
Juiced 7.0, 7.0, 6.5
Tiger Woods 2005 8.5, 8.0, 9.5
Mega Man X Command Mission 6.5, 6.5, 6.0
Headhunter Redemption 5.0, 6.0, 5.5

PS2
Katamari Damacy 8.5, 8.5, 8.5
Sly 2 9.0, 8.5, 9.0 (Game of the Month)
DDR Extreme 8.5, 8.0, 8.5
Gradius V 7.0, 8.5, 8.0
Under the Skin 5.5, 4.0, 4.0
Shadow Hearts Covenant 7.5, 8.5, 7.0

XBOX
Fable 7.5, 8.0, 9.0 (Jennifer, Mark, Greg)
Galleon 4.0, 5.0, 4.5
KUFTC 7.5, 8.0, 8.0

Gamecube
Donkey Konga 8.0, 7.0, 7.5
WWE DoR 5.5, 5.0, 6.5

GBA
Mario Pinball 5.5, 3.5, 3.0
Advance Guardian Heroes 6.0, 7.0, 7.5
Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen 7.0, 8.0, 8.0

Rumors
- Several big name companies developing PSP/PS2 titles simultaneously, game saves compatible between versions.
- Sequels to Brute Force and Crimson Skies in development for XBOX.
- Kill Zone and Onimusha on PSP.
- Brando did some voice work on Godfather game before passing.
- New Indiana Jones game on next-gen consoles
- Work has started on: KOTOR 3 for XBOX 2, Gran Turismo 5 for PS3, Final Fantasy XIII for PS3.

Finally got an issue that wasn't in fucked up condition. :D New Brute Force, eh? Well, at least Alex and Brandon F will be happy.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
So who just overtook Ferricide as the worst reviewer evah?

Huh...why'd you delete the fable score?

Edit now the names are up:

[dc]
Proof women know nothing about games
[/dc]

Dyne

When I'm promised plural I demand plural!

EDIT: Thanks.

Katamari Damacy 8.5, 8.5, 8.5

Goodie!

IJoel

IT LIVES!

popcorn.jpg

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Woo, Katamari rocks! And Gradius V as well! And I'm not even into shoot 'em ups...such a great experience in two player mode. Love it. :)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
AniHawk said:
Well, the score for Mario Pinball didn't really come as a huge surprise. Maybe a bit lower than I was expecting.

Second Sight seems pretty reasonable based on what I've played of it so far.

Under the Skin, well...could've gone either way. It went bad, it seems. :|

[/QUOTE]

Please tell me the Collective are working on the project. Those guys know their beatemups.

And its great to see Battlefront turned out well. Though the proof in the pudding will be when I play it rather than take some media review as gospel. Still,the movies at IGN have the game looking bad ass,its just a case of *did the game come together well in its final stages.* As always I'm either gonna go on a gut feeling and buy,or just listen for impressions from you guys. Right now I'm leaning towards buying it though. The game looks too freakin good to suck. Umm I hope.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Rodriguez said:

Yesssssss...great news! I just hope there will be more adventure/story, and less action. But I doubt that will be the case. :|

Xellos

T-1000_Model3 said:

Please tell me the Collective are working on the project. Those guys know their beatemups.

Just as long as Lucasarts provides major help them with the game's script. Emperor's Tomb was a fun BEU but the story and characters were sub-par. More adventure elements would be nice too.

Defensor said:
"Terminated."

Haha,you think?

Weird,cause IGN gave the game a 7 overall,who to believe?

For me this one will be purchased for a slow month,like next Spring,when the game is in the bargain area of my GameStop. I wonder if this game is better than Dawn of Fate though. As bad a camera as that one had,I quite enjoyed the game anyway.

Mason

How did Terminator end up with such a low score when all the mags/sites were praising it for being so much better than all the other games and having so much potential?

Kon Tiki

Banned
Game reviews should mention in every review if they played the game to completion.

I am not suggesting that they do play to completion. I am aware there are a lot of games to go through every month, I am also aware that not all games are finished. It would be nice to know if a score reflected the whole game or not.

Just a suggestion.

Coop

Kiriku said:
Yesssssss...great news! I just hope there will be more adventure/story, and less action. But I doubt that will be the case. :|

A sequel to Fate of Atlantis would be awesome. But it's lucasarts man!

funcojoe

Reviews are so all over the place anymore these days, so many different tastes in gaming. What I'm gonna start doing is find a guy who likes the same type of games as me and scores games where I would score them and only read his reviews.

Not that I'm complaining about Katamari's scores or anything, since 8.5s are far from bad... But I can guarantee you that months or years from now, these reviewers (and anyone else who plays it) will look back much more fondly on Katamari Damacy than any Sly Cooper nonsense.

Case in point: Rez got 8.5, 7.5, 7.5. Parappa the Rapper got 8.5, 8.0, 7.5. And, just to pull one out of a hat, Rally Cross 2 got 9.0, 8.5, 8.0. I bet those guys can still remember almost every detail of Rez, and could probably still sing every song from Parappa to this day. I seriously doubt they could recall a single thing about Rally Cross 2, though.

For whatever reason, completely awesome "cult hit" games are always doomed to these sorts of wishy-washy good-but-not-great scores in mainstream magazines, regardless of how much the people reviewing them actually love them. It's like they're afraid of the backlash from giving a game like Katamari the 9+ that it deserves. Yet stuff like "NHL 2K3" gets them (9.5, 9.5, 8.5) without a second thought. So, so lame.

Flatbread

I purchased serious sam for the xbox and played the first encounter. What an intense shooter that reminds of the great action games like halo, ninja gaiden, and metal arms in terms of gameplay.

So I go to gamerankings and see that EGM gives serious sam for the xbox a 35%.
It was the lowest score by far(50% being the next lowest score.)

35%, huh? In terms of gameplay I really cant understand where you could ever rate this as one of the worse games. Personally I think they overvalue things like graphics, presentation and story, but its not like they are consistent enough to really compare reviews or see consistent trends.

I have no idea why jen gave fable a 7.5, but maybe(part of it) she didnt like that there are no female characters to play? (To be honest, I dont know if females are not available is true, I remember them saying there only have a white race).

Top Bottom