• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM scores

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm shocked at some of the scores... 7.5 for Fable... 7.0's for Gradius V... I personally couldn't care less about Sly 2, I thought the first game was pretty ass and I don't like platformers... I'm also disappointed about Advance Guardian Heroes, and surprised Mario Pinball scored so low. EGM seems to love to give low scores to games, lately...

But, someone told me, taht reviews are made this way for the mainstream, so that's why a hardcore, cult classic will get a lower store than the latest shovelware ESPN/Madden game.

Rodriguez said:
- Several big name companies developing PSP/PS2 titles simultaneously, game saves compatible between versions.

let me just say this. .. SONY/these company are mad if they think they'll be getting JOE public to buy 2 copies of the same game. so; games for psp/ps2 combined = 100 bucks brand new.

DOOMED

snapty00

Banned
The Mario Pinball scores sound about right.

It's really hard to believe that Nintendo is publishing this game. Even other worthless Mario shit that I didn't like from Nintendo, like Super Mario Sunshine and the later Mario Party games, at least had decent and semi-professional presentations. I'd swear Mario Pinball were made by a couple of amateur hacks if I didn't know any better.

djtiesto said:
I'm shocked at some of the scores... 7.5 for Fable... 7.0's for Gradius V... I personally couldn't care less about Sly 2, I thought the first game was pretty ass and I don't like platformers... I'm also disappointed about Advance Guardian Heroes, and surprised Mario Pinball scored so low. EGM seems to love to give low scores to games, lately...

But, someone told me, taht reviews are made this way for the mainstream, so that's why a hardcore, cult classic will get a lower store than the latest shovelware ESPN/Madden game.
Mario Pinball is definitely a 3.0 game.

ah so... and why is mario pinball that bad? Didn't Nintendo make Pokemon pinball and wasn't that a corker (as in really good)? I remember reading good reviews for Pokemon pinball so... wtf wth?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I played the import of Mario Pinball a little and didn't think it was THAT bad. The graphics and sounds were excellent, and it seemed like the typical pinball stuff. Guess that whacky language barrier threw me off. ;)

jarrod

Banned
dog$ said:
Yeah, just like how Prime & Zero Misson totally owned Nintendo there.
Actually, part of GameCube's growth problem was that it's targeted family market were happy with their GBAs and PSones... crossover marketing doesn't always work out and good luck to Sony convincing their PS2 fanbase to jump on PSP with PS3 waiting only a year later....

Top Bottom