• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ferrari F430 shots and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
The basics: revamped 360 styling with an Enzo rear-end aerodynamics package and generally more air intakes for 4.3 litre engine (@ 490 Bhp).

0-60 : 3.9 seconds
top speed : just shy of 200 MPH.

Debut : Paris Motorshow Sept 2004.
Sale: late 2004.

http://www.f1design.us/webgallery_f430/index.htm

Test shots of the development car from Italy:

http://speed.supercars.net/boardpics/2004-7-14/2512479-gallardoc.jpg (rear looks blocky due to covered up diffuser/extractor).

http://speed.supercars.net/boardpics/2004-7-18/2520831-gallardob.jpg

Get your orders in!!!

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Looks sweet, but I must say I'm not too thrilled with the way exotic car design has been headed lately. I like for there to be some angularity in an exotic sports car.

Still, I suppose I'd take one for free. :)

Oh Jesus that front end looks hideos. That headlamp and air intake is just out of place with rest of the car.

You let the Italians design Ferraris without the aid of Americans these days, and this crap is what you get.....

f430_3_4_ant_basso_grigiaSM.jpg

f430_anteriore_grigiaSM.jpg

f430_3_4_post_grigiaSM.jpg

Yes, Americans, at the bleeding edge of aesthetic car design. You had a point in the 70's but come on....

Pininfarina has always been predominantly Italian. Besides Okuyama left after the design phase, if that's who you're referring to. The intakes at the front are bigger than the 360 but not enough to render the car 'hideous' imo. Agree to disagree i suppose.

celestial body said:
Yes, Americans, at the bleeding edge of aesthetic car design. You had a point a point in the 70's but come on....Pininfarina has always been predominantly Italian. Besides Okuyama left after the design phase, if that's who you're referring to. The intakes at the front are bigger than the 360 but not enough to render the car 'hideous' imo. Agree to disagree i suppose.

Ken Okuyama left before this abomination. I think the last thing he did at Pininfarina was the Enzo.

After a while, the headlamps seem fine. But the front intakes... wtf is with their shape? I don't see it mashing with anything in the rest fo the car. Just wrong wrong wrong.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Is it true that Ferrari's are easily out performed by cars that cost a fraction of the price? I saw a GTO smoke one recently on a test track.

4508.jpg
F3AR IT!

DaCocoBrova said:
Is it true that Ferrari's are easily out performed by cars that cost a fraction of the price? I saw a GTO smoke one recently on a test track.

4508.jpg
F3AR IT!

if you want to look at it that way, then there are some 40k kit cars that could beat pretty much any road legal car on the track

DaCocoBrova said:

Stright line performance isn't everything. The moment the GTO had to take a curve, it'd be game over. ;)

However, the 360 Modena was 0WN3D in that video with NSX-R, M3 CSL, 911 Turbo, Gallardo, and Murcielago.

Well the rival of the GT is the 360 and they are in the same price bracket (100,000 quid). It is probably true that it outperforms the 360 on the track though it remains to be seen how it fares compared to the F430 given the improved weight distribution, aero and power to weight ratio.

If you talk Ferrari Enzo then that smokes everything bar perhaps the Mclaren F1 but at 750 grand it better bloody do.

A good contest for what's out there now is Ford GT vs 360 Challenge stradale vs Murcielago.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Stright line performance isn't everything. The moment the GTO had to take a curve, it'd be game over.

Ironically, that's where the Ferrari was getting smoked. An F355 I believe.

Shog: No, though i'm not sure exactly what you mean...

To be fair that pic doesn't do the Zonda justice at all, have to see it live or in better shots certainly to get a good idea. It's a 300 grand car again so you're looking at Porsche Carrera/Koennigseg (sp) territory there. Not sure how it's like on track but it's something of a torque monster so generally speaking you're 0-60, top speed, 0-100 figures will all look nice and dandy.....question is if it has come at the expense of drivability.

DaCocoBrova said:
Ironically, that's where the Ferrari was getting smoked. An F355 I believe.

Wait, you are telling me a 60's/70's Pontiac GTO with leapsprings in the rear owned a F355 in handling? Doubtful.

Probably the driver sucked ass or was afraid to ruin his expensive car.

celestial body said:
Shog: No, though i'm not sure exactly what you mean...

Those are well respected British car design schools.

To be fair that pic doesn't do the Zonda justice at all, have to see it live or in better shots certainly to get a good idea.

Seen it in person at a car show. Hideos.

DaCocoBrova said:
Ford Shog. Ford.

It was on Discovery, Spike, TLC... One of them

That's not a "GTO"! You had me all confused.

Ford GT, which you posted a pic of will definitley smoke a F355. It's also hella expensive. More than the F355 IIRC.

That's the new GT, the replacement to the GT40. Again a fair comparison would be a 360 CS or gallardo seeing that the 360 modena is 6 years old and about to be superceeded.

EDIT: oh a 355, yeah it should smoke that :)

Pimpwerx

Ford GT is bad to the ass. It has totally kicked the Viper on the teeth as the best American car IMO. The F430 looks good. Definitely like a beefed-up 360. Is it given a name yet? I mean, is it a Modena? AFAIK, Ferrari kept the Maranello name when they moved the F550 to the F575. PEACE.

Shinobi

I had the honour of seeing both the original GT40 and the new GT in person at the Toronto auto show a few months back. Took some pictures of those cars as well. Really cool machines. The Ford GT just looks like a beast...something like 500 hp and close to 190 mph. That's some serious shit. Probably be the best American car ever made by a country mile.

This new Ferrari looks fine to me...not as striking as the 360 Modena (though what is), but it's a lot easier on the eyes initially then the Enzo, which took a long time for me to get used to (though seeing that in person certainly helped).

DCX

DCX
The car looks very nice, i agree about the front end, but then again it's trying something new.

DCX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom