• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz Album titled "Humanz" releases April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

GODDAMN ANDROMEDA IS FUCKING AMAZING

GHDODSFHGIOPDFSJGDFGD

FUUUUCK

Make an H-Sides for the love of God!
they said they had a shit load of songs left over from plastic beach, it actually hurts they didn't do some sort of sides for that too

Alpende

Does someone know if the Deluxe Vinyl on Amazon UK also contains the art book that's mentioned on the official store site? I kinda doubt it due to the price difference...

munroe

Hmm not sure about these 4 tracks. The gorillaz style I'm more of a fan of are tracks like Feel Good, DARE, melancholy hill, doncamatic, empire ants etc, so hope there's something on this new album in the same vein

they said they had a shit load of songs left over from plastic beach, it actually hurts they didn't do some sort of sides for that too

So here's the thing that confuses me. That stuff exists somewhere right? They could potentially release it some time? Or is it just planned stuff that never actually happened.

There was fucking 70 songs from the plastic beach sessions. I'm still mad.

If we don't get H sides.
Riot.

But the deluxe edition has 26 tracks so I'm good for now.

Also, is there anything in particular you guys want from the OT? I'm thinking brief history, album conception and summary, artwork, tracklist, links to all available songs, purchase links and a lore summary.

TM94

Me in the club when Andromeda comes on

102015-music-drake-hotline-bling-gif-9.gif

Gorillaz

So here's the thing that confuses me. That stuff exists somewhere right? They could potentially release it some time? Or is it just planned stuff that never actually happened.

It really does. It's never too late though, right?

...right?
Ship sailed imo. Damon seems the type to move on completely after done with a project. Damn shame seems he got burned out.
There was fucking 70 songs from the plastic beach sessions. I'm still mad.

If we don't get H sides.
Riot.

But the deluxe edition has 26 tracks so I'm good for now.

Also, is there anything in particular you guys want from the OT? I'm thinking brief history, album conception and summary, artwork, tracklist, links to all available songs, purchase links and a lore summary.

Wouldn't be surprised if majority of them were half finished and he didn't like some of them

Ship sailed imo. Damon seems the type to move on completely after done with a project. Damn shame seems he got burned out.

Wouldn't be surprised if majority of them were half finished and he didn't like some of them

It was implied that we could get Plastic Beach 2 and 3. A lot of them were likely unfinished yeah, but it likely didn't happen because they went broke doing Plastic Beach. Which is why we also got The Fall instead of P-Sides. The Fall cost nothing to make or release because it was done on an Ipad and originally only distributed digitally iirc.

pablito

Jesus. All the special packages of the vinyl sold out XD. Glad I just wanted the vinyl itself. Managed to grab one.

NeoForte

Ok heard the new singles, definitely feeling them all but holy crap Andromeda is amazing! I can't wait for the full album.

I can't bear to listen to any of them a second time :|

Maybe Ascension... maybe.

Need more Andromeda music.. more Damon and less special guests.

3 out of the 4 tracks are straight trash. Andromeda is definitely good tho.

Absolutely, but the track list has like one song without a featured artist, so.

hughesta

Banned
There's plenty of Damon on these tracks y'all

almost all of andromeda
he's in there for most of power
gets a verse on ascension
gets the hook and a a verse on saturnz

from the lil leaked bits w'eve got he also gets at least one verse and the hook on charger and he's on submission as well

Just listened to the four official releases. The second Staples verse was exactly what I expect from him, loved it. Andromeda and Ascension are the clear cut winners of the 4, other two I felt were good but not great. Looks good so far.

Shoutout to spotify for playing The Less I know the Better after Ascension

Wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of theirs but I've found their singles/videos catchy and interesting. Randomly chose the Saturn track and dug it up until the autotune. Why?

Qasiel

Out of the 4 I think Saturnz Barz is my favourite, followed by Andromeda. Saturnz Barz is giving me those El Manana vibes.

Not feeling Ascension at all.

Bgamer90

Banned
Andromeda is definitely the best song out of the first four.

Ascension is growing on me the more I listen to it -- mainly due to the chorus.

NotLiquid

Andromeda is actually reminding me a bit of Doncamatic.

That song was way too good to be left out of Plastic Beach (could easily be slotted in place of Broken) but I suppose it was finished after the album came out.

I really don't feel like the album art they went with was a coincidence here.

Fucking hell I'm filled with so many emotions from this new material.

When I first heard Hallelujah Money I mentioned how it sounded like Demon Days era Gorillaz.

It's a worthy aspiration.

-GJ-

wenis and I would like to team up for the OT if that's cool! We previously worked together on the Daft Punk RAM OT which people really seemed to like and I've already got some cool ideas for a Humanz OT, so if no one else claimed it yet we'd like to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom