• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gurren Lagann Blu Ray set announced for North America (Vol. 1 11/11, Vol. 2 12/9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
And this time it doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I mean, it still follows the typical Aniplex bullshit convention of 5 episodes a release but it's better than what we had before.

Vol. 1

tv_series_vol1_a_l.png

Languages: Japanese & English
Subtitles: English
Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen
Episodes: Episodes 1-5
Number of Disc: 1 BD disc
Total Run Time: Approx. 125 min.
Rating: 13 UP

Bonus Contents
  • Textless Opening and Ending
  • Episode 5 Preview (OA version)
Bonus Materials
  • 16-page Booklet: Interviews with Creators & Illustration Gallery
  • 2-sided Poster

Vol. 2 is basically the same but it contains episodes 6-10 (& Episode 6 On Air Version).

LINK

Aniplex gonna Aniplex. Though compared to the import release this is a godsend to the wallet.

Honestly I just wish Aniplex would put their products on sale once in a while.

Kieli

And I thought $60 buck releases from NISAmerica were at the borderline between purchase and no-purchase.

Einhander

I've never seen this show before, but I've had it continuously recommended to me. In the early 2000s, I used to buy a lot of anime on VHS and DVD. They had the exact same number of episodes included per cassette or disc, but they certainly didn't cost $60 per volume. That's fucking absurd. I would pay like $30 to $40. That was still a lot of money to pay, and I always hated that they charged that much per volume.

dan2026

Is there a business term for the 'sell high to a small number of people' strategy that anime producers in Japan (and Aniplex) employ?

Other that 'shit', 'anti-consumer' etc.

Somnid

This set will be around $300 with tax though.

Still horrible. And I'm part of the problem, buying Fate/Zero. But I mean, come on, its Fate/Zero.

The box set has the movies and parallel works 1 & 2 plus an art book. It's really not much better. I waited years for a < $100 bluray set, seems pretty silly in retrospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom