• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 2 info - the pistol is *back*

GhaleonEB

Posted over at halo.bungie.org:

A German Magazine called XBox Zone will have a Hands-On of the Halo 2 Beta in it.

Here is a Summary of the new Info:

New Maps:

Midship - A Covenant Cruiser.
Ivory Tower - The Top of a giant Skyscraper.
Waterworks - The Stalagnites on the screenshots are destroyable, they can even destroy a Tank if they fall down.

New Weapons:

Covenant Carbine - A Covenant Battle Rifle.
Covenant Energy Sniper Rifle - As the name says.
Brute Shot - A mortar that fires 4 grenades that explode on the second impact.
Pistol - You can use 2 at the same time, thats the only info on this weapon.

There's more, head over here: http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=463353

This sounds interesting:

- There will be a Feature called "Virtual Couch", you can play with a buddy and if he leaves the server you will automatically follow him.

There are no scans, transcriptions or links to scans - just a high-level summary of the several-page article.

I really hope that they made the pistol look cooler than the one in Halo...By the way they made it sound in First Strike, it's a freakin Magnum. My guess is, shorter range, but still pretty powerful.

Boarding - Only Brutes and Elites can board vehicles, the Grunts an Jackals don't are intelligent enough to do it.

Funny if true.

I like the sound of that Ivory Tower map...memories of Hostile Takeover map from AHL come to mind...I hope there's a swimming pool to drop into from the top.

Deku Tree

I thought they had taken the pistol out?

I liked it the best because of the scope. But if you have the scope on a rifle now who needs the pistol?

Shompola

Banned
"- There will be a Feature called "Virtual Couch", you can play with a buddy and if he leaves the server you will automatically follow him."

Is this like tagging of some sort? Your friend leaves server and joins some other and you do the same automatically?

Kon Tiki

Banned
Waterworks - The Stalagnites on the screen shots are destroyable, they can even destroy a Tank if they fall down.

Stalactites. Stalagmites are on the ground, they can not 'fall'.

Who the hell wrote this?

GhaleonEB

Society said:
Stalactites. Stalagmites are on the ground, they can not 'fall'.

Who the hell wrote this?

Well, it's a German magazine and he's a subscriber, so I'm guessing English is not his native language.

It sounds like each level will have it's own uniqe destructable/interactive elements, which is cool. I'm very curious how the Brute Shot works, if the slugs don't detonate on impact.

Sai

The Pistol has not been officially mentioned since now, SKluck.

The new controls for the Banshee and Scorpion make me very happy. Some other information that was mentioned later in the thread is that Bungie has no plans to make another HALO for Xbox Next, and that they plan on supporting HALO 2 for a very long time.

Joe

top of a skyscraper? im so there.

and i hope you can use the headset offline during the campaign mode to communicate with your marines.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Bungie doesn't have plans too bring a Version of Halo to X-Box Next.
- Halo 2 will get support from Bungie for a really long time.

gatesy1.jpg

"Thats what you think!"

GhaleonEB said:
I'd say it's pretty early to call that, eh? Halo clearly left the story untold. Halo 2 could wrap it up, though I'd like to see a trilogy, ala Marathon.

The answer is much simpler than that - Halo 2 isn't done yet. Once it is, Halo 3 plans will magically appear and the heads of the Halo 2 team will have money hats so big you'd think they were at a mexican fiesta.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I understand, but they describe exactly what's in the internal MS beta. And as far as I can tell this beta had not been showed to any european press yet, but maybe I'm wrong.

I wish the double shotguns from Marathon would return :(

And calling Oddball, "Kill the Guy With the Ball" instead... or heck even "Steal the Bacon" from Myth.

*is disappointed with the multiplayer level names in Halo for the most part*

Top Bottom