• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

I know they confirmed that there won't be warzone weapons in the campaign, but have they said if there will there be variants of the standard weapons like the BR with DMR scope?

Im still watching it.

Cannot wait for this game.

i5DO5u.gif

Oh we're dunking ninjas now? LOL

These will frustrate sore losers to no end. It will be glorious.

We've already seen the scopeless DMR so maybe.

We also saw a picture where Buck is holding the legendary silver pistol (though not the CE one) and we've seen Kelly use the shotgun with the Promethean attachment, so I don't know what they meant when they said Warzone weapons won't be in campaign. Frankie or Josh, please elaborate.

We also saw a picture where Buck is holding Buck's silver pistol and we've seen Kelly use the shotgun with the Promethean attachment, so I don't know what they meant when they said Warzone weapons won't be in campaign. Frankie or Josh, please elaborate.
They might just mean that REQs aren't used

Bsigg12

We also saw a picture where Buck is holding Buck's silver pistol and we've seen Kelly use the shotgun with the Promethean attachment, so I don't know what they meant when they said Warzone weapons won't be in campaign. Frankie or Josh, please elaborate.

A breakdown of the sandboxes (campaign, matchmade multiplayer, and customs) would be great. Can I set an all Legendary weapons custom with the CE pistol and Rocket Launcher? These are the questions that need to be answered!

Madness

Glorious. How many assassination types are there?

That leak back then showed 17 assassinations to unlock, so I'm assuming since one is default, there will be 18 total? I kind of want the backbreaker one. Go around like Bane breaking everyone's back.

The other thing I'd like to know is if multiple assassinations can be used at once (once unlocked), or if you can only have one equipped at a time. I honestly like it playing a random one better than having one play over and over again, of course you could change it out every game, but that would be a needless chore. It's ultimately not that big of a deal and I usually go for back smacks anyway.

Velikost

Old news bro. Folks that want a disk will be able to get one...

The fact that it comes with the code is old news. The fact that the console comes with a different steelbook than the one in the Limited Edition, one that doesn't even have a slot for the disc, is unexpected.

But thanks bro...

ryan299

It would be cool if armor and assassinations were available in campaign. I understand why armor isn't, but with some many options this time around it be cool.

Zeta Oni

The other thing I'd like to know is if multiple assassinations can be used at once (once unlocked), or if you can only have one equipped at a time. I honestly like it playing a random one better than having one play over and over again, of course you could change it out every game, but that would be a needless chore. It's ultimately not that big of a deal and I usually go for back smacks anyway.

I agree at first, but then I think about a glorious moment like getting a triple kill assassination with 3 of these slams in a row like some WWE shit, and im like.......nah.

Still, good points.

what's the cheapest way to get a digital copy of Halo 5ive Guardians The Video Game 2015

Are there Amazon or MS store discounts or anything?

I got mine $10 off because of a recent Ebay deal. They were selling $60 GameStop Digital Gift Cards for $50. So I used the $60 GameStop Digital Gift Card on a $60 Xbox Gift Card and applied that to my account (GameStop didn't charge tax for it). I still had $4.80 in my account, so Halo 5 is all paid off... unfortunately the deal is over :(.

I saved 20% off any new game with the best buy gamers club. idk if people still jumping on that glorious deal.

it was only $30 bucks for a 2 year membership.

20% Off New Video Game Software, Plus Other Benefits

Unlock two years of savings for just $30. Get discounts on new and pre-owned video game software, 2x My Best Buy® points on qualified purchases, special coupons, exclusive offers and more.

I used some of my BB rewards and my LE went down to $70 after tax.

Madness

I got the standard edition for the low low price of $85 Canadian with tax. Go Canada.

Though I did save a lot pre-ordering other games like Destiny: TTK, Battlefront, Gears 4, Mass Effect Andromeda etc. Amazon Canada had a 30% off any game if you pre-ordered during E3 announce week. But I had credit that would've gone to waste from EBGames that I used towards H5 instead, plus I'd want to play at midnight after launch, not wait till morning or few days after for game to reach.

Dynasty8

Wonder how they'll condone online quitters. One of my biggest pet peeves in MCC is when I finally get into a match, half the team quits because they're sour that they didn't get their map of choice. This is another reason why I prefer map rotation over a veto system.

Bsigg12

Wonder how they'll condone online quitters. One of my biggest pet peeves in MCC is when I finally get into a match, half the team quits because they're sour that they didn't get their map of choice. This is another reason why I prefer map rotation over a veto system.

I like the idea of you can't enter another game until the game you quit out of finishes. Of course this would only apply to Arena since Warzone has drop in. If you quit out of an Arena match you should not be able to go into anything matchmade until that Arena match finishes.

I like the idea of you can't enter another game until the game you quit out of finishes. Of course this would only apply to Arena since Warzone has drop in. If you quit out of an Arena match you should not be able to go into anything matchmade until that Arena match finishes.

I wish I could just play what ever map I like in the mode I enjoy instead of having to play thru numerous other maps/modes that I dont like.

I hate map rotation and the veto system. Give me a server browser over all others.

I wish I could just play what ever map I like in the mode I enjoy instead of having to play thru numerous other maps/modes that I dont like.

I hate map rotation and the veto system. Give mea serve browser over all others.

I don't ever see Halo having a server browser for Ranked Multiplayer as it completely eliminates skill based matches. I could see them implementing a Custom Games Browser, a feature that has been requested since Halo 2 (please Stinkles, get it patched in at the least).

Dynasty8

I like that idea a lot. Seems very fair considering matches usually last between 8-12 minutes.

The only complication I see is for people who get disconnected. That would suck to have them wait due to a network error.

I don't ever see Halo having a server browser for Ranked Multiplayer as it completely eliminates skill based matches. I could see them implementing a Custom Games Browser, a feature that has been requested since Halo 2 (please Stinkles, get it patched in at the least).

That would be nice.

Bsigg12

With everything running on dedis now, including customs, I can actually see this happening.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I wonder if you can grenade jump in Halo 5? Halo 4 didn't seem like it was that possible or feasible to grenade jump.

Well I broke down and did it. Ordered the digital version of the standard edition. Preloading now 😀 (I think it is, or is that just preorder bonus stuff?)

Side note: how much will that Fall of Reach animation cost?

Well I broke down and did it. Ordered the digital version of the standard edition. Preloading now 😀

Side note: how much will that Fall of Reach animation cost?

Wait... the preload is available? Been waiting for an official announcement as I have seen a few people here and there say they had preloaded.

Wait... the preload is available? Been waiting for an official announcement as I have seen a few people here and there say they had preloaded.

Lol, just edited my post.

Not sure exactly. It started downloading stuff and one said preorder bonus but the other just said Halo 5 Guardians.

Bsigg12

I hear this term a lot but what does it mean for a game to "be gold"?

Whatever the developer/publisher deems to be their shipping product (not including the inevitable day one patch). It has to pass console certification (meaning it won't break the system or online services, QA isn't a part of that) first and once they get through that, the code is sent out to manufacturing and put up for digital downloads.

ElRenoRaven

Someone on the Waypoint forums claims preload begins on the 20th.

No that's when the huge 250 buck edition is going out so people who purchased it can preload since it comes with a digital copy. It's been up for a day or 2. You'll notice that your size is now I want to say 46.2GB. Before the preload it was like 123mb or something like that.

Bsigg12

Oh shit I didn't know about this, good find. I was only contemplating LE for the REQ bundle, looks like standard digital download is the way I'm going.

I saw the cards for the full game and the Warzone REQ bundle at Walmart today. If I wasn't getting the LCE, I was just going to do those together.

IJoel

They haven't said but if you decide to buy the Warzone REQ Pack bundle that comes with the LE and CLE, it's $24.99 for 14 packs of what seems to be some of the better things.

http://amzn.com/B0160EM6U6

That's good to know. Looks like the packs may be priced at roughly $2 per pack. I'll be getting the LE.

Damn, they're packing everything halo 5 with req packs.

Own the Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians controller featuring a unique laser-etched design, metallic blue accents, military insignias, and a bonus REQ Pack including the Resolute visor. Inspired by Spartan Locke and UNSC technology, this extraordinary controller takes you deeper into the Halo Universe.

The bonus REQ Pack includes the Resolute Visor. Though public records indicate the Resolute VISR is customized for integration with the Artemis threat analysis and tracking system, information on the system's full functionality is classified.

Own the Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians - The Master Chief controller featuring the signature green and metallic orange accents of the Master Chief's armor, laser-etched designs, and a bonus REQ Pack including the Dauntless visor. This extraordinary controller takes you deeper into the Halo Universe.

The bonus REQ Pack includes the Dauntless Visor. Sangheili sourced high-tier nanolaminates and scanning elements make the Dauntless sensor grid and faceplate outrageously expensive even by Watershed Division standards.

No that's when the huge 250 buck edition is going out so people who purchased it can preload since it comes with a digital copy. It's been up for a day or 2. You'll notice that your size is now I want to say 46.2GB. Before the preload it was like 123mb or something like that.

Whats does showing the file size mean? Mine has not preloaded anything but it does say 46.2GB like you said.

Top Bottom