• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

upandaway

Oh man, Pokkle.
I wonder how much they're gonna censor what happens to him.. it's a pretty important scene, but I'll be seriously surprised if they fully adapt it.

Manga Spoilers

All humans have nen latently in them, so all human-derived ants have it as well. The ants learn how to USE Nen after discovering humans with the ability. Some of the ants born already have basic Nen usage (Gyo for example).
All living forms, not just humans.

This is the best arc. You get to see the strongest Hunters, the
capabilities of the Spiders, and a bit of a cameo from Killua's family endgame
Maybe I'm crazy but I kinda consider that a spoiler that should be marked, more so the last one of the two

dan2026

Oh man, Pokkle.
I wonder how much they're gonna censor what happens to him.. it's a pretty important scene, but I'll be seriously surprised if they fully adapt it.

They'll just keep it partly in shadow, like the manga.

What happen's to
Ponzu
had a greater impact on me, just for how abrupt it was.

I guess I should be more careful of reading this thread until I have caught up with the manga since it's now pretty apparent what's going to happen to the characters that are mentioned and then followed by blocks of spoilered text. :p

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
table-flip.gif

God fucking dammit, I'm unsubbing from this thread. Too many people talking about the manga and not the episodes. Why put spoiler tags when you're gonna talk about shit that hasn't even happened yet?!

Radec

Are you guys sure this arc will turn out good ?

I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far.

I still can't get why HXH have to go to an alien thing. :/

It gets much better eventually, but unlike some people I never came around on liking the arc. I still think it was a huge wasted opportunity.

vareon

Definitely. As for the villains, they might look like aliens, but as the latest episode suggest, the ants becoming more like human have a very big deal in how things turn out.

fertygo

I found it pretty fascinating that the ant developing human trait in them and questioning it, its gonna be fun.

Jigolo

The same thing happened to me for GI. I hated the whole video game card game theme. This arc doesn't turn me off though; hopefully it doesn't disappoint

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, I'm loving the manga... finished vol 1 and vol 20 and have 21 - 30 purchased. After reading volume 1, the show follows it so closely I feel I can safely skip ahead to the stuff that hasn't been animated yet... though I may go back and re-read vol 2 - 19 at some point.

I went with vizmanga.com... 4.99 per volume and their app is pretty nice. ios, android and browser reading. great prices and the image quality is okay... but i'm reading on a retina iphone, no sure how it would look on one of the newer ipads or a retina MBP. Since it's b&w lineart though I doubt there's any issue. I still don't get the whole redrawing thing, but I guess he had deadlines he had to meet... hope that doesn't continue. The art looks fine in the volumes.

And yeah I know people say it gets more harrowing, etc., but I still was not papered... vol 20 was brutal... and i'm sure that isn't the end.

Anyone else reading? Oh, and I read a report that the manga continues publication later this year... anyone know if there is truth to that?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Episode 79

God damn this arc! So good. So much covered in this episode and the way
the ants are starting to develop this inner conflict with orders within themselves is interesting to see. That Koala one is such an asshole, I swear! :lol They are also not holding back on the gore, so much shit is so shown it's crazy. I don't think they're going to go easy on it in this arc and I for one love it.

dan2026

Even after reading the manga and seeing the anime I don't really get how the Koala guy's power works.

Cool looking though.

Ah Pokkle and Ponzu you are so cute together.

It also seems like the anime is going to feature Gyro early, which is kind of cool and strange.

comedian

Koala is able to spit water in a bullet-like fashion. He uses a gourd as a canteen in order to always have supply on hand.

upandaway

I actually really like Pokkle's ability. It's somewhat unfortunate in many respects, but it's a neat ability.

Can't wait for next episode. So good. I'll be watching anything regarding Gyro with 12 eyes, it seems like there's a chance they'll add some new detail?

dan2026

Koala is able to spit water in a bullet-like fashion. He uses a gourd as a canteen in order to always have supply on hand.

Thinks for clarifying this.

For some reason I just never connected the dots.
When I first saw it in the manga I was baffled.

79 – No X Good X NGL
pokkle1_by_tristtrist-d651c9w.gif

I love how the names of attacks always appear, more anime ought to adopt it in the future...Way too many animal designs going on, hopefully somehow reductions are made or at least future offspring are better designed. I just cant connect with them at all. Oh well, at least Gon and Killlua (awesome riding) continue to provide some good moments. Ah and Pokkle was great to see as well.
Though when I was thinking nen users needed to be acquired for the betterment of the queens strategy, I wasnt hoping for it to involve named nen user characters. I am hoping fervently that he can somehow avoid capture and continue to deliver a barrage of epic skills to get out of there and get other pro hunters involved. Thankfully the other creatures seem rather weak at this point in time and kind of dumb (Cheetah and whatever the other leader is who appeared there). Poor Curt and all that he has to deal with with these characters

bigkrev

HxH 79

Amount of fucks given by Killua while riding a horse: 0

The Ants are beginning to show a lot of individuality, which is a rather abrupt change from previous weeks. The Koala one is pretty badass.

Way too many animal designs going on, hopefully somehow reductions are made or at least future offspring are better designed. I just cant connect with them at all.

tumblr_mmpd77xY2B1qhhv13o1_500.png

This is as human as they get in design and pretty much only those 3, so if you don't like it too bad for you *shrug*

Anyways, things are going slow, but I like that they're expanding on things. Someone remind me though, did the Gyro thing ever go anywhere?

dan2026

Anyways, things are going slow, but I like that they're expanding on things. Someone remind me though, did the Gyro thing ever go anywhere?

Short answer no.

Long answer SPOILER

He regains his human memories after being reborn as an ant. Then walks off into the sunset. Presumably a possible future villain. If Togashi ever gets off his ass and continues the manga.

Short answer no.

Long answer SPOILER

He regains his human memories after being reborn as an ant. Then walks off into the sunset. Presumably a possible future villain. If Togashi ever gets off his ass and continues the manga.

So exactly what I remember then :T

If nefelpitou was left male DTL would have loved him ;p

Ehhhhh, I kinda very much doubt that because of reasons. Spoiler reasons that I'm sure you manga people know already anyways.

Riposte

Short answer no.

Long answer SPOILER

It is really funny, because Togashi seems really into prominent foreshadowing and yet here we are. We are stacked with major villains before considering Gyro.

Brickhunt

tumblr_mmpd77xY2B1qhhv13o1_500.png

This is as human as they get in design and pretty much only those 3, so if you don't like it too bad for you *shrug*

Not actually, but he is probably the best candidate for
final villain

Soriku

Episode 80

Shieeeeeet, that backstory.
Gyro got killed it seems but he'll come back as an Ant I guess. He'd probably be OK with that as he doesn't want to be human anyway.

For Kurt-Ant, I didn't realize that he's so protective of the Queen because of his personality in his human life. Hmm.

And shieeeeeeeet
everyone getting killed! Ponzu got shot like 5 times and eaten oh crap. Pokkle looks screwed too. I don't think DTL will be happy

Fights start next week, cool.

I'm hating how short the episodes are right now.
Episode 80

And shieeeeeeeet
everyone getting killed! Ponzu got shot like 5 times and eaten oh crap. Pokkle looks screwed too. I don't think DTL will be happy

Fights start next week, cool.
DTL?

I guess I didnt reestablish my baseline for my expectations in how saddening and distressing the anime would be. The Gyro backstory felt out of place, I think he could have been introduced formally then given backstory, as we still dont know his present day appearance.

I hope Gon and Killua reach Pokkle in time before hes ingested by the creatures. His raijbow spectrum arrows are cool and hes a great character. Was teary eyed and hurt when he was struggling there with no support. Surely the writer has to have threw in a silver lining, a slimmer of a prospect of happiness, in this long string of bad event after bad event?

Diablos54

I guess I didnt reestablish my baseline for my expectations in how saddening and distressing the anime would be. The Gyro backstory felt out of place, I think he could have been introduced formally then given backstory, as we still dont know his present day appearance.

I hope Gon and Killua reach Pokkle in time before hes ingested by the creatures. His raijbow spectrum arrows are cool and hes a great character. Was teary eyed and hurt when he was struggling there with no support. Surely the writer has to have threw in a silver lining, a slimmer of a prospect of happiness, in this long string of bad event after bad event?
Soooooo good. I can't wait until things really get going, you're going to love it!

Kaizer

Banned
Haven't posted in here in a while, but I'm all caught up now and man I'm loving the dark direction of this new arc. Gyro's backstory was sad and all the death happening is even bleaker. Can't say I'm not enjoying it though, such a nice shift from the usual happy, happy, joy, joy routine in Shounen shows.

Yonafunu

I cant wait for his reaction when

Massive spoilers
Kite fights Pitou and loses lol

Going to be epic, that and when (DTL DON'T READ)
Netero fights the King.

If you have to talk about the manga, at least tag these as MANGA SPOILERS. I know you tagged them as spoilers, but some people may thinks they're just anime spoilers. We're in an anime thread, after all.

upandaway

Giving me chills so hard. The thing that makes this all work so well is just the sheer amount of buildup before the ants meet with Gon's group for the first time. Something about a situation that keeps escalating more and more before anyone even knows about it, and you watched it all get to this point when you see it finally go down. Ahhhh man, I love this arc.

If you have to talk about the manga, at least tag these as MANGA SPOILERS. I know you tagged them as spoilers, but some people may thinks they're just anime spoilers. We're in an anime thread, after all.
I do hope we stop mentioning manga spoilers flat out.. it's relevant to some special kind of discussion yeah, but we've all been there already, and I don't think there's much point to a singular "this <short and concise manga spoiler> will be awesome" comment when you factor in how negative it is to most anime watchers, even when properly spoilered. And this will really sound rude (sorry!) but.. I think other than showing off that you read the manga, there's no real reason not to delay saying it until it happens in the anime. Not to say I'm not guilty.

Kyuur

Really happy with how they did this episode. Ponzu's death was just as abrupt and my friends that are anime-only went "HOLY SHIT, NOOOOOOOOOO". Good stuff! More anime adaptations need to be like HxH in a lot of respects.

dan2026

I liked how the Ant was just dumping ammo into her corpse.

I don't remember him firing so many bullets in the manga.

So as someone who has only watched the original tv series and has not been following this,s orry if it has been already been answered:

Is this like FMA Brotherhood where they cover the already told story faster till they catch up to the point where they left off? What's the episode that they begin the new story? Thanks.

upandaway

I liked how the Ant was just dumping ammo into her corpse.

I don't remember him firing so many bullets in the manga.
In the manga (not even spoilers since it happened but whatever)
he blew her face up with one shot from point blank range, then immediately ate her. I may remember it wrong but it had more gore with visible body parts flying around.

I guess they were making up for the censorship with having him unload on her. Holy shit they're crazy

dan2026

In the manga (not even spoilers since it happened but whatever)
he blew her face up with one shot from point blank range, then immediately ate her. I may remember it wrong but it had more gore with visible body parts flying around.

I guess they were making up for the censorship with having him unload on her. Holy shit they're crazy

Hah thought so.

I like the moe spider ant as well.

Top Bottom