• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Killer 7 Screens

olimario

Banned
courtesy of videogamerx

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg

axxxj

Animator in Waiting
Definatley gonna be a `You have to see it in motion to appreciate it.` kinda games.
The initial shots from when it was first released looked fantastic but these just seem to have lost all the style and it just looks like their being lazy. Hmmm will reserve judgement till i hear impressions and see proper vids.

I lost interest in this game the second I read a preview in which a puzzle system was touted, featuring an instance where you had to switch personalities to a character who could catch fire like the Human Torch in order to set off a sprinkler system to do god knows what.

The cutscenes still look super cool, but the gameplay sounds like a rail shooter and it seems to have completely non-sensical elements.

off my tracked games you go!

Miburou

XS+ said:
What's so special about this game again?

FOR GAMECUBE!
FOR THE INDUSTRY!

At least that's how it started.

This forum is so full of hyperbole that it's hard to take anything seriously.

Koshiro

They're working on it too long, they're starting to overwork the visuals now.

Also, is this the PS2 version? Kinda smells like it.

I'm still buying this though.

pcostabel

Gold Member
Still looking great. And I'm still waiting to know how it actually plays, but if it has adventure elements in it, I'm in.

aoi tsuki

Cel shaded games look better in motion. Random shots tend to look like ass because of the way the models are shaded.

ourumov said:
I like a lot this "Spike Spiegel"...If you played with him in the whole game, it would be enough for me...
Spike Spiegel... what?

Grubdog

Banned
Koshiro said:
Also, is this the PS2 version? Kinda smells like it.
Haha yeah, that's what I was thinking, these screens look a lot worse in quality than previous ones. I hope the GC version isn't lowered to the quality of PS2 just so "both versions look the same".

Coen

Some of us think it looks and sounds different, including me. A 'different' game has my attention. I'm not saying it will rock, I'm just interested.

aoi tsuki

belgurdo said:
I wanna know too...most people here dump on better looking stuff, but drool over this. Why?
It's an odd mix of an art deco-drenched film noir detective movie with a healthy dose of manga elements and a touch of contemporary design elements. i'm sure there's something i missed, but that sums it up for me.

Miburou

aoi tsuki said:
It's an odd mix of an art deco-drenched film noir detective movie with a healthy dose of manga elements and a touch of contemporary design elements. i'm sure there's something i missed, but that sums it up for me.

No, seriously now.

Culex

Banned
belgurdo said:
I wanna know too...most people here dump on better looking stuff, but drool over this. Why?

Because, like Okami, this game is very different and offers an art style rarely seen in gaming.

shuri

Banned
Someone here posted a screenshot of Halo (OF ALL THINGS!) running on a hacked cell shader, and it pretty much looked better and a way better cartoon/realistic hybrid style than Killer 7 :\

megateto

shuri said:
Someone here posted a screenshot of Halo (OF ALL THINGS!) running on a hacked cell shader, and it pretty much looked better and a way better cartoon/realistic hybrid style than Killer 7 :\

It just another style, you like it or not, simple as that.

It opens a new way of doing things.

aoi tsuki

shuri said:
It wasn't true cel shading, mainly just single color textures.

rs7k

I have a gut feeling this game will be terrible, and I'd be extremely surprised if I was wrong. I'm predicting scores in the 4-6 range from major publications once this gets released.

And what does mg/m3 mean in the seventh pic?

element

sega should have change the art style for 'House of the Dead', so they can get some people dying to play it.

Killer 7 has fall off the end. These screens look like crap, and it is just a rail shooter.

Top Bottom