• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Lil' Kim picture (don't matter if you're black or white)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borat

Banned
mag_l_309.jpg

:(

ge-man

What the fuck is she doing to herself? She better take a look at Michael Jackson and rethink or the shit she is doing to try to make herself look like that.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Warm Machine said:
Wow, one single picture that defines exactly why I dislike rap and hip hop.

I love hip-hop and I agree with you....:(

The gaudy colors, the gold, the riches/bling bling, the pose, the fact that she changed her face to be someone she never was, all to continue the message that to be worth anything you have to have everything.

Warm Machine said:
The gaudy colors, the gold, the riches/bling bling, the pose, the fact that she changed her face to be someone she never was, all to continue the message that to be worth anything you have to have everything.

It would probably be better if you were to say "mainstream rap" instead of "hip-hop", then. And unless I'm mistaken, I don't really think the plastic surgery craze has hit the rap world as hard as its hit, say, actors & actresses. But you still like the movies, don't you?

Oh yeah, before I get jumped on a little harder here I'm going to clarify my original point a bit. I can't stand the life is about bitches, bling bling, status, and me mentality that mainstream rap portrays. The photograph sums up all of that very nicely. The only thing that is missing is Lil' Kim with a gun in her hand and some homey lying under the chair with a hole in his head. Feel free to photoshop that in BTW.

Warm Machine said:
Oh yeah, before I get jumped on a little harder here I'm going to clarify my original point a bit. I can't stand the life is about bitches, bling bling, status, and me mentality that mainstream rap portrays. The photograph sums up all of that very nicely. The only thing that is missing is Lil' Kim with a gun in her hand and some homey lying under the chair with a hole in his head.

Dad?

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Easy boys.............. easy. Let us not discuss music. Rather, let us discuss this woman's newly formed hideous visage.

She used to be so hot, too.

Saint Cornelius said:
It would probably be better if you were to say "mainstream rap" instead of "hip-hop", then. And unless I'm mistaken, I don't really think the plastic surgery craze has hit the rap world as hard as its hit, say, actors & actresses. But you still like the movies, don't you?

I think the plastic surgery in Hollywood is a little overblown than the reality of it. If anything it is pretty minor work and done only to keep what you already had. That and the people who do get it done is probably 1% of the acting community. Basically, if you weren't attractive or talented to begin with you probably didn't have a career anyway.

Warm Machine said:
I think the plastic surgery in Hollywood is a little overblown than the reality of it. If anything it is pretty minor work and done only to keep what you already had. That and the people who do get it done is probably 1% of the acting community. Basically, if you weren't attractive or talented to begin with you probably didn't have a career anyway.

You're on some other shit, my man. This was probably one of those threads where you shouldn't have said anything at all.

belgurdo said:
Plastic surgery and excess are concepts exclusive to hip hop now?

Nope, but the excess and image is perpetuated more aggressively than anything else I'm familiar with.

The plastic surgery isn't what it is, it is what it stands for in context of the image. Though you could argue that if you didn't know she had plastic surgury prior to the image that the point is moot.

Edited for clarity.

I like this picture a lot. Race, Time, Gender, Class, Corporate Culture and maybe even Species all thrown into a neon-rococo magazine ad.

Trash/Glamour Sci-Fi - Lil' Kim is so BladeRunner.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
im sorry but besides LiL kim i cant name one hip hop artist that I like that got plastic surgery. Hate to break it to some of you with these theories about hip hop and image but LiL kim aint been hot since She did that Quiet Storm remix with Mobb Deep back in the day. She's a joke character to me, weak rhyme skills, weak beats, trying to cash in on her looks when theres finer girls in a nelly video. Nobody is really feelin her, she can grow a dick for all I care wouldnt change hip hop, effect hip hop, start a trend in hip hop, how stupid she looks now is good for a laugh though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom