• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo DS news from Nintendo Dream

neo2046

http://game8.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1098156889/76-
from lastest Nintendo Dream

- NDS Balloon Trip (Yoshi's Touch & Go) is produced by Animal Crossing producer (cannot translate the name)
- NDS Band Brothers is the same game of Gameboy Music (GBA's title that is cancelled). It can do Orchestra
- The timer function in the NDS will help the game "Nintendogs" keep on running 24 hours (like Tamagochi?)
- It is planning to use mobile phone to register points of Nintendo Club
- Yoshi's Universal Gravity is same as mawaru made in Wario, you cannot play the game with GB player
- NDS Bomberman is available for max. 8 players to play. 2 screens are connected by pipes and you can walk through 2 screens during the battle, the graphic is 2D

Tezuka is seriously on fire. That man doesn't get anywhere near enough praise, especially for being Miyamoto's right-hand man. Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2, and Balloon Trip (from what I played at E3) are all amazing titles.

jarrod

Banned
neo2046 said:
- NDS Bomberman is available for max. 8 players to play. 2 screens are connected by pipes and you can walk through 2 screens during the battle, the graphic is 2D
Good to hear, the 3D/2D thing at E3 seemed like a waste of resources. Doubling the field is a much better idea... hopefully they'll make it a sequel to Bomberman Story so we can get a nice little ARPG in the deal again. :)

Jonnyram

The 2ch poster also mentions that "Kaido Racing Battle" is mentioned for the first time in Nintendo Dream, for the DS. Presumably this is the downhill racing game from Genki, which has previously been released for the PS2, but Genki weren't specifically mentioned on 2ch. I guess I'll be able to confirm in a couple of days.

jarrod

Banned
Kaido Racing Battle was announced on the NCL list awhile back...

街道レーシングバトル(仮称)元気

...or does that translate to something else? I thought it was Kaido Battle for DS, Shutoko Battle for PSP?

jarrod

Banned
Oh and a big thanks to whoever updated the Game-Science release list... it was long overdue, and really there's no other good comprehensive Jp release list I know of. Good job guys. :)

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Tezuka was on fire when he actually directed games. Producer is an important role, but to director is the real soul of a development project.

neo2046

:D omg! this issue nintendo dream has included Mario Sports CD
some (all?) of the tracks are composed by Sakurai Motoi
total 19 tracks 67 mins

Bomberman DS pics
up9364.jpg

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Tezuka was on fire when he actually directed games. Producer is an important role, but to director is the real soul of a development project.

Hey there Ninja, I haven't seen you in a long while :).

I actually give Tezuka the major props still. Producer doesn't go hands-on nearly as much, but you can tell that he helps to guide a title to greatness. Hearing him talk about certain aspects of design shows he really knows what works in the context of game design. Either way, I do agree that directors are technically creating the "soul" of the game.

CrisKre

If you ask me, Tezuka is really as good as miyamoto when it comes to game directing. Yoshi's island proved that much. I just hope Touch n'Go isn't designed for really young kids and is more akin to Yoshi's island.

Is he involved in Y Universal Gravitation?

Jonnyram

neo2046 said:
:D omg! this issue nintendo dream has included Mario Sports CD
some (all?) of the tracks are composed by Sakurai Motoi
total 19 tracks 67 mins
I bought the mag and flicked through it tonight. I didn't pay any attention to the CD, but when I noticed your post, I thought you were shitting me. Checking the mag, sure enough, Sakuraba is the composer! WTF!? Nice freebie :D

The tracks are not all the same as in the games though. The same MIDI data has been used, but they've been arranged for the CD, with some extra samples added and so on. Can't wait to give it a listen tomorrow.

Jonnyram

Oh crap... I'm not heading to bed for a bit, so PM me FTP details and I'll rip it now and drop it off for you. Is 192 OK?

olimario

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Oh crap... I'm not heading to bed for a bit, so PM me FTP details and I'll rip it now and drop it off for you. Is 192 OK?

That's wonderful. I'll shoot a PM your way in a second.

You can play the spin games with GB Player by the way. IGN has a video of Mawaru on the Player, with someone holding the system and twisting it around. Put that handle to good use!

Also, Bomberman DS looks awesome. But please, no RPG this time.

olimario

Banned
I'm sad you can't, but WOW! Wario Factory looks amazing.
How long does it take to scan a page and upload it to ranobe?

Jonnyram

You should see the Mario Classic Court!
Wow, there's an unbelievable amount of coverage in Nintendo Dream. I was almost sick of seeing Mario Tennis by the end of the feature.

Lot's of Minnish Cap revealed in the mags this week too. I think it's got a lot more to it than some people expect.

Meier

There were some videos of Wario Factory Court from the Gamer's Day Summit. Looks like a pretty wild course.

jarrod

Banned
callous said:
I hate it when they make Bomberman in an isometric viewpoint.
Haven't they only done that once on PS1 before (Bomberman World or something)? The DS game looks great... and I for one wouldn't mind another little Zelda/Neutopia adventure mode to go along with it. :)

Top Bottom