• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo puzzle game for the DS

neptunes

TOKYO--Nintendo is developing a new puzzle game for its upcoming DS handheld, according to Akira Sakuma, producer of the popular Momotaro Densetsu video board game series. Sakuma revealed this in an entry in his personal diary, which concerned his recent visit to Nintendo headquarters together with Momotaro series illustrator Takayuki Doi.

"I got to see a puzzle game that's currently in development [for the DS]", comments Sakuma in his diary. "Doi just wouldn't stop playing the game, saying, 'I can't stop playing this game… it feels like popping bubble wrap!' "

more here

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/03/news_6106612.html

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Crazy addictive puzzle game? Damn... I wish I weren't so steadfast against buying another platform for a couple years.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I'd be nice if this was the new Tetris. The new addictive hotness. I'd betcha that the touch screen is gonna put a nice new spin on the puzzle genre.

Article also said that Sakuma was asked by Nintendo to make a Momotaro Densetsu game (similar to the game of Life I believe) for the NDS and was given all kinds of nifty ideas to use in the game.

cja

040902-11.JPG

Looks like the new model DS. Hey Sony, no wires!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
TheGreenGiant said:
... :D Nintendo gold. Wonder what it is..

I really dug their pokemon puzzle game. It was HOT. Was there a gba porT?
There was a GBC game.

cvxfreak

I wonder what the Momotaro guys were doing at Nintendo, Co. Ltd.? They said that Momotaro USA wasn't GC bound due to lack of sales... maybe they changed their mind? :D

Top Bottom