• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS2 - comparison shots & PAL box

B E N K E

The Scandinavian agent for Playstation invited me to a hotel today to check out the new PS2. It's beyond small and extremely silent.

Anyway I went on a spree with the digital camera so I figured I'd post some photos here.

nyaps2_16758.jpg

PS2 vs an orange!

nyaps2_16757.jpg

PS2 + PAL box (nice!)

nyaps2_16756.jpg

GC vs PS2

nyaps2_16759.jpg

Online out of the box...

Well, there are more pictures on our site: http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/?id=2585, if your interested... :)

B E N K E

Well, it's a PAL machine and we never had 56k support to start with.

They had brought a couple to Sweden to show to press and retailers. The first unvieling (internal) was at E3, but they have done a great job keeping it under wraps.

Meier

Might have been mentioned in one of the myriad of other threads, but where the heck do the games load since you've seen the unit up close?

B E N K E

Plenty of Swedes... :)

The price will be the same as for the old model, but of course the network adaptor is built in so you save a little. Their not planning any big bundle deals, might be something limited.

Oh my god! On the pic with the GC and the new Playstation 2 the GC seems gigantic! Seeing the PStwo compared with the PS2 only I didn't realize it was really this small.

B E N K E

Actually I though of carrying a Xbox with me (the hotel is only 100 yards or so away from my apartment), but I decided against it. :)

COCKLES

being watched
nubbe said:
Same price? What a ripoff

Since they new unit is smaller the price should also be smaller... :/

Reminds me of Healthy Beans 'n Sauce in Tescos.....50% less salt, but 50% more price.

B E N K E said:
Actually I though of carrying a Xbox with me (the hotel is only 100 yards or so away from my apartment), but I decided against it. :)

Yeah, with the Xbox, that's quite a hike. Not at all like our sleek and lithe new PS2. And it doesn't have a nice handle like the GC :D

SantaC

B E N K E said:
Plenty of Swedes... :)

The price will be the same as for the old model, but of course the network adaptor is built in so you save a little. Their not planning any big bundle deals, might be something limited.

another swede here :p

Vormund

naz said:
its growing on me though cover it up with an Xbox

I reckon an Xbox would swallow it whole.

MS should really try and shrink the Xbox now, it's going to look even more bloated then ever.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Aaand heeeeere's Kiriku...rep-rah-sen-ting: Sweeeee-den

Nice pics, any word on the official Orange price? If $2.99, that's a bit steep for me. :(
Although I have to say it's very round, and the color is OK I guess. When is it supposed to be out anyway?

EDIT: Well OK, I'll be serious. I really dig the built-in network jacket. Sony should've included that from the start, though.

cja

Joe said:
no 56k online support?
US version does have 56k support, an RJ11 jack. European Network Adaptors have only ever had an Ethernet port, SCEE decided broadband only so that's why the Euro PSTwo is missing the port.

B E N K E

They're launching a new memory card early next year with 64 MB. According to the reps I talked this is to somewhat compensate for lack of harddrive with regards to possible downloadable content and also because more games require bigger save files.

Vashu

So this has actually been confirmed? Anyone got a place where I can check it up, if it is true. Sorry for my carefullness, but I am careful not to fall into some untrue, and made up, facts. :)

Vashu

Dragona Akehi said:
Silent? Fliptop? GOD DAMN I HAVE TO BUY SOMETHING ELSE. ASLAKLAEJDSLFKJASLDJAKSDJ.

Oh yeah.. Gonna miss the disctray sound when it opens and transports itself to show it's true gaming glory.... *salutes disctray* You shall be missed!!!! :D

Vashu said:
Oh yeah.. Gonna miss the disctray sound when it opens and transports itself to show it's true gaming glory.... *salutes disctray* You shall be missed!!!! :D

My fucking POS PS2 sounds like a bloody train whenever I turn it on. Disc tray WILL NOT BE MISSED.

Top Bottom