• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Radiohead album available Sunday, May 8th at 7pm BST, new song "Daydreaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!

That's 2 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

So far it is listed as available on iTunes, Apple Music and Spotify. I'm sure you'll be able to purchase it through their website.

According to NME:

NME said:
The new album will then be released physically on June 17. Special edition and standard pre-orders are available from www.radiohead.com

New song: Daydreaming. Video directed by Paul Thomas Anderson

You can purchase the song here.

Artwork for the single:

t4cca7phr5utubyqhqr4z0pj_3201.jpg

higemaru

Pretty shocked it's coming out on Spotify. Thom Yorke has been very vocal about his dislike for the platform. Awesome news though, I'm hyped

Deeku

Shit that's 1am Monday for me:/

Also, it specifically says Daydreaming is from the new album. So Burn the Witch isn't?

Awesome, I'm going on vacay next week and this sounds like perfect driving music through the mountains (I do the same thing every year with OKC and KidA so that's a high compliment). Can't wait.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
God damn thats a good song

RoKKeR

Funny I'm the exact opposite. First listen I love this song. Burn the Witch never got my blood flowing.
To each there own! Maybe it's because I hear some Kid A in this song and I have never been a big fan of that album. I'm sure that will rile some people up but I'd take In Rainbows and OK Computer over it any day of the week.

Will the new album be on Google Play? I would imagine so since Burn the Witch went up there.

Stoze

Great song, neat video. Definitely getting Kid A/In Rainbows era vibes from it.

11am PST and 2pm EST on Sunday for those in the US.

Civil War yesterday, Radiohead the whole week and new album on Sunday, Uncharted 4 on Tuesday... this is a golden week like never before.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I will say this. I said the same thing in the BTW thread.

Song reminds me most of the Spectre OST. Which is great, BUT for ME perskally that works BECAUSE it's a soundtrack. I'm not sure how much I will enjoy a full collection of these songs as a proper RH album.

The orchestral element just works better in that other setting. A full fledged RH album of this might just not be my cup of tea.

PS: I don't think this sounds like Kid A at all. Kid A was very electronic. This is very orchestral.

Man, he looks like he's been through some shit lately.

Great video, though like Burn The Witch, the song is a bit low key for my tastes (on first listen at least). Very possible that they grow on me though. Do love the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom